RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > New Release Songs
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-05, 03:06 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
"I Rather"

IP: 74C8 66CC

A collab with me and my boy Nova.
Verse order is: Nova, Doom, Doom, Nova

http://doom.dmusic.com/

Links:
Um..none. I left feed on like 7-8 tracks between yesterday and today alone.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 05:41 PM   #2
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 8B15 F26D

listening:
Beat:not bad,not my type of beat but still
Quality:not very good but better than mine lol,second rapper tho had a better kality
FLowretty good,yeah
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 07:59 PM   #3
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Quality:not very good but better than mine lol,second rapper tho had a better kality

lol word. The first rapper is using a computer mic. The second isn't.

Got a lot of mixed reactions on the beat though. Soem people love it - some hate it. Thanks for the feed. Up for mas.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 08:15 PM   #4
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 34D2 D886

nice beat........... what's good? Nova i heard you before i don't think i need to tell you how you sound, you sound pretty good... i like how you tried to ride the beat, you did pretty good i must say.. goodness i like this beat... Dooms- nice lyrics, flow is pretty aight... you sound a lil' too close to the mic, cuz ya first verse sounded really shakey. funny you tried to diss me lmao.. ha nice attempt sweetie.. i ain't mad at you- you pissed me off at times too lol, Nova 4th verse was off ... i was told about a collab you wanted dooms, what's up on that? hit me up..
~1~
Old 02-13-05, 12:09 AM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^^LF, I'm not sure if you're trying to diss me or what with that mixed mesage of a 'feed'. One minute you were critting the piece, next minute you said somehting about me trying to diss you - do you think you're mentioned in this track?? But regarding the collab, yeah, I'm still looking for someone who can deliver.

This is the first audio I recorded after the new software BTW - so I was still adjusting my self to the limitations of my mic. The tracks toward the bottom are better quality with each track for obvious reasons. I don't like to make excuses so I didn't bother to mention it. Wanted honest and objective feed. Uppin for more of it. Gracias.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 02-13-05, 12:10 AM   #6
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 36C9 85BC

return the favor on "Did i elevate" pz
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 08:35 AM   #7
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 34D2 D886

i wasn't dissing you... wth? manye, you read it wrong, and yes it seems as tho you were tryna diss me in the track.. i was typin a critique as i was listening to the track.. that's prolly why you got a "mixed" message.. but i asked if you still wanted me to hop on a track or sumthin cuz i got some private messages sayin so.. that's why i asked what's up? if not, then coo...... just get at me, pm me or w/e..
Old 02-13-05, 10:21 AM   #8
20 GraND
20/20 VisioN

Text Record: 13-7
Audio Record: 5-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 521E 9CF6

1st dude struggled to flow at times, had trouble wif delivery, quality was ok
2nd dude quality was a lil betta, couldnt really tell though
flow was better, lyrics were a lil betta also
beat is ok i kinda liked it

kidcard7692: cock-a-doodle niggaz
da916_nigga: I hate whites, blacks, and mexicans...but I love my greens
kidcard7692: Niggas dont eat sprinkles
kidcard7692: i just fell going up the stairs
Send a message via AIM to 20 GraND   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 02:13 PM   #9
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^^thanks for the feed mayne.

LF:

I'm not sure where you're seeing it - but no, this track definitely does not mention you. My diss tracks have names in em and I still don't see where you woulda thought this was about you, but no, it isn't. I don't fuck with subliminals - make it out in the open, lol. Ask "Low Low".

In regards to the track, yeah I have a spot open for a femcee. If you want to get into that - I'm def down. OMB told be he spoke to you about it - so if you got his seal of approval thne you're def cool in my book. I tried to shoot you an IM, but guess ya ain't been on. Hit me back. Uno.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 02-13-05, 11:44 PM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: E63C BFED

Not a bad track, beat was alright, nothing that made me go DAMN.. But yeah, lyrics were aiight.. Flow got a bit too slow, or off beat at points for both of you.. Also if you wanna sound more professional you need to drop the spitting on pre made verse times too.. It sounded like you were just hitting the verses up with lyrics to fit whats already there..

So yeah, just start tampering with pulling loops out of the beats you download and using cool edit like more of a dj program. You'll find your stuff will start to sound a lot more professional when you have control over the beat aswell as the lyrics and hooks you put down.
Old 02-14-05, 12:55 AM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^^thanks for the feedback, I def agree with about 90% of it except this:

Quote:
It sounded like you were just hitting the verses up with lyrics to fit whats already there..

I'm not getting you on this one - you saying that we spit the lyrics to the 16 bar time point when it when to bridge, or are you saying we ignored what the beat was doing? If you're saying the latter - then I follow you and agree on this track (the first). If you're saying something else - I don't know what. Can you elaborate?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 02-14-05, 01:39 AM   #12
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: E63C BFED

Well now a days when I get a beat I usually extract the loops and give myself full control over how long the verses are, the way the hooks sound and all sorts of shit. It just sounded like you got the beat and just over layed your lyrics but didnt really switch the beat itself up to suit the type of track you were making. Which can sound fine most of the time, but yeah it doesent do much for the music side of your track other than just pasting your vocals ontop.. Which makes stuff sound amature..

Having said that, the track still worked out alright, but you needed to raise the volume of the vocals a bit and work with your EQ settings to raise the treble a bit in your verses.. Just makes it sound a lil more crisp since you both got fairly deep voices..
Old 02-14-05, 02:35 AM   #13
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

okay, yeah, I got you now. Pretty much whta I elided to in the prior post. You're right though - it would have deinitely sounded more pro if I had added the amount of Measures to match the verses. Shoulda paid closer attention to that when I was looking it in the first place.

Quote:
Having said that, the track still worked out alright, but you needed to raise the volume of the vocals a bit and work with your EQ settings to raise the treble a bit in your verses.. Just makes it sound a lil more crisp since you both got fairly deep voices..

Funny you should mention that - I was just fuckin with them a few hours ago. Thanks again for the feed. Laying two tracks tomorrow with two more quite possible. See you then.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.