RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Violent Text League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-08, 11:08 PM   #1
Lay.
don't try.

Text Record: 13-2
Round Two Mag : The Sick Six

IP: EBB4 6039

ROUND TWO MAG : The Sick Six

Intro -

Sup fella's..its Lay, we had a succesful round one of the playoffs. I'd like to start off by congratulating, Kirk, Nick , Lay, Mal, Sagat, and Flight for making it to the second round. There was some decent battles.. Malicious vs Wordz was the only no show, I kinda figured it would be cuz Wordz posted early for a different league saying he wasn't sure if he'd be back by friday. So Malicious got a free pass haha.. I'll get on to the rest of the mag and get this week broke down for ya'll...

Lay's Legit Reviews

1. Kirk vs 10. Meltdown

Number of lines: Sixteen
My prediction: Kirk

Well well, this was interesting cuz I haven seen anything from Meltdown before so I wasn't sure what to expect. What I saw, was that he has some good concepts..but just needs to work on finding harsh ones, an wording them to come off harder, an funnier. Kirk, had some played shit, mixed in with a fed line. Aka, Kirk saw he could slack and did so comfortably. No offense Melt, you got potential..we'll look to see you next season. But Kirk being top dog in the league pretty much this battle would be tough for anyone, so valiant efforts. Kirk wins, an advances to round two.
Outcome: Kirk wins 4 - 0

2. Lay Fear vs. 9. Eddie

Number of lines: Fourteen
My prediction: Lay Fear

I wasn't sure what to expect from Eddie, he was another along with Sagat who signed in an got thrown into the playoff mix due to some sign outs etc. He proved worthy, I think its Eddie from ItzArap, which is the champ on there. So he's no run of the mill text head..which we have had are fair share sign into the league. Voter's felt that after Eddie's sting line..which was his third bar, he fell off for the rest of his verse. Nick on the other hand, was the sole vote against Lay. Which he is entitled to his opinion. Only thing I didn't agree with was his opinion of Lay's opener vs Eddie, saying I know Eddie's not fat in real life so this didn't really hit. In which my opinion is thats unfair voting, I could knock off half people's verse's against Kirk then if I voted like that. Lines about being gay, peoples girls, that shit aint' factual.. so should I vote no, to people who use shit like that against Kirk. Answers no, verses aren't factual. So dont' base your votes off that. Even without that if you felt he won, then idc.. haha Just saying..don't say cuz you KNOW somethings not true in real life doens't mean its a weak punch. Anyways..They felt except for a few of Lay's punches he was fairly consistant. Not his best, but it was enough to edge this out. Lay wins, and advances to round two.
Outcome: Lay Fear wins 5 - 1

3. JTR vs 8. Sagat

Number of lines: Sixteen
My prediction: JTR

Mmmhmm.. I'd say this was this weeks upset. Idk if people even knew JTR posted saturday night. Because I was the ONLY vote on that battle..which is horrible..you guys gave all the other battles solid voting..but neglected this cuz apparently everyone was to busy saturday an sunday.. , anyway..Sagat posted first, an he impressed me. He had some nice punches..fairly decent concepts..had a few played ones..some aight flips. And then JTR posts late saturday..with a quick sixteen..it was obvious it was rushed, an seems apparent that JTR didnt' really give a shit if he won or lost..which is a shitty attitude to have..cuz he proved in the champ match with kirk he still has the ability to beat anyone if he tries. He dropped a sub par verse.. used the same concept for two lines..TWICE, an did'nt check kirks battle I assume where Kirk used a dragon balls line..much better than Jay did. I feel Sagat sailed away with the win. An advances to round two of the playoffs.
Outcome: Sagat wins 3 - 0

4. Flight vs 7. Ghostface

Number of lines: Twelve
My prediction: Flight

Okay, so this was kind of a controversial battle. Nick felt it was unfair for Flight, an when he said his point of view, I felt he was right. Ghostface past two weeks, absolute trash. So possibly, Flight knowing he could come in Firday key something an win, was unfair. Seeing as my cousin, who came in as Malak who was suppose to be Ghostface but much better than Ghostface..came in with a prepared verse, they didnt' feel it was fair for Flight to not have the time to post an adeqaute verse for not knowing what he was up against. No, Malak is not me. He is my cousin, he has been texting longer than me..he will be in here next season..he's a decent addition to the league. So with that said.. I sided with Nick, an closed the battle giving the win to Flight.
Outcome: Flight wins

5. LP vs 6. King Solo

Number of lines: Twenty-Two
My prediction: Nick

Well well, this was probably one of the best reads all week. It wasn't too close..but both had solid verses. It's the best I've seen from LP, not the best I've seen from nick, but this was one of his better verses. And arguably one of the best punches I've ever seen from him. Nick's strategy of drinking then posting obviously paid off..his opener killed it..an the rest of his verse was fairly consistant with a few nice haymakers thrown in. LP posted up..an very respectable verse, woulda beaten most people..but Nick came in gunnin. Nick wins, and advances to round two of the playoffs.
Outcome: Nick wins 3 - 0

11. Malicious vs 12. Wordz Ahgod

Number of lines: Twelve
My prediction: Mal

This was a no show.. kind of a let down. But I can't blame it on Wordz, he told me he wouldn be back by friday most likely, I knew he'd be down for the playoffs if he did make it back. But, he was too long. Mal picked up the win here, an advances to round two of the playoffs.
Outcome: Malicious wins by Noshow

Lay's Lethal Predictions

1. Kirk vs 11. Malicious

Number of lines: 12-16
My prediction: Kirk

Hmm..well despite Malicious being decent, I dont' see him having the consistancy to topple kirk in this one. This would be an enormous upset, an extremely hard for Malicious to pull off in my opinion. I think, kirk will have a few nice hits, amusing, an will have some played an not so great lines. But, enough to win..he will be in the semi finals next week.

2. Lay Fear vs 6. King Solo

Number of lines: 20-24
My prediction: N/A

This is a complete toss up, each of these guys have the ability to beat one another. It just depends on who wants it more, an who brings the most heat. In my opinion..they are both gonna try an win this, an whoever wins will most likely get verse of the week, an have that auto bid into the finals. I'll predict this for battle of the week an it will most likely come down to the wire.

4. Flight vs 8. Sagat

Number of lines: 16
My prediction: Sagat

This isn't gonna contest, I feel Flight is just doin his part by showing up. He hasn't been droppin to his ability lately. Even the playoffs hasn't sparked him back into the form we know. I dont' think its gonna change this week, an Sagat rolling off a win over JTR I feel he's gonna steamroll past him. I think Sagat will win, an most likely my prediction for the semi finals next week will be Sagat vs Kirk, an the winner will be the winner of that against whoever wins this week between King an Lay.

Power Rankings

Fuck a ranking, its playoffs.. anyone can beat anyone. My predictions could be completely off base. I don't know, but the power rankings don't make sense to have in the playoffs. Let your verses to the talking..enough said.

Lay's Highlight Reel
*As viewed as dope by the voters*

And lmao at your sig..Bro, that easily tells me that you're a pure chump,
But guess what else means nothing without U? ......The word suck
You got crowds of 10 to 12 years olds yellin. All I can say is fuck, that's sad,
With them preteens yellin' "OH M...... GEE! How does he fuckin' suck that bad?!"
Kirk vs Meltdown

I peepd ya matches - Ionno wtf you thought, cuz'..
But if ya shit 'sfeared - then my shit's baseball bats and golf clubs..
Eddie vs Lay

faggot thinks he's a movie star, Samuel Jackson?..you ain't real so move
butt Eddie's in Shaft?..but backwards that statement simply reveals the truth
Lay vs Eddie

low life bitch. dnt even lie whore, it's pure trash where ya sleep at
your pad is so worn out, it couldn't protect ma fuckin knee caps
Sagat vs JTR

and we seen ur a savage freak, no shirt red scars and damaged feats
with a face like a fuckin sea creature so can we please get this manatee
JTR vs Sagat

Nice avatar. After this you and sonic should compare notes, that’s the deal son
Like how he handled Robotnik.. & how you got fucking whored by the real one
If you had fans in the past, I got terrorist acts that’ll convert them to the recent
Coz I’ll hit you saddam hard there’ll be nobody left hussein you’re decent
Nick vs LP

n your girl's a dumb bitch...any attempts at hitting the books will fail
so when she finally buckles down...her skirt & panties follow as well
LP vs Nick

always actin like your legit or wanting praise like your god sent
you proved ya verse is cutting edge,..down by butchering his concepts
Ghostface vs Flight

Verse of the Week

Nick -
Look bitch....
Nice avatar. After this you and sonic should compare notes, that’s the deal son
Like how he handled Robotnik.. & how you got fucking whored by the real one
Style’s got that pimpness.. but all the fucking girls clown your fashion and bomb it
& they say your hairs so corny, Martians have started leaving crop circles on it
But now I’m being honest, LP has got that superman power that batters
To go with the fortress of solitude that practically mirrors his social status
I swing on weak faggots.. & your fat ass is about to get stomped and horded
& I’ll only exhaust half my punches..
..coz I know you’ll throw half a punch and be exhausted
If you had fans in the past, I got terrorist acts that’ll convert them to the recent
Coz I’ll hit you saddam hard there’ll be nobody left hussein you’re decent
I’ll wreck this bum.. my whole verse is catered to viciously rip through
& I know my style’s right up your alley – coz I’m coming to YOUR house to beat you
Let me tell you.. Toy Story turns my dick into a powerhouse, maggot
So even IF you’re rocking a good Buzz, my Woody’ll STILL crush you faggot
Known to tear up the joint.. but my martial arts will still have this wack dealt
With such a Crane Kick bitches’ll think that Frasier is a fucking black belt
I got dope bowling skills kid.. even your girl has experienced them a little
She put her legs into a 7-10 split and my balls just rolled on down the middle
& dude she’s a beast. I have no idea how you handle her ungodly primate ways
Coz I seen the gorilla press slammin’ dudes better than Ultimate Warrior in his glory days
I’ve been corny as fuck with this verse, but I’m still crushing you to the pavement
So the word for this battle is camp..
..like this week’s style vs. your whole living arrangement.

Outro

Well, this is gonna narrow the playing field. Next week is the Semi Finals..I can't honestly say a hundred percent who will be in it. It is playoffs..you should expect anything. Come with everything you got,.. if your butt sore cuz I predicted you to lose,..prove me wrong. Let your verse talk, enjoy the mag. Show up an drop dope this week. who will be the champion? We'll see..

by: Lay

Last edited by Lay Fear : 08-26-08 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-24-08, 11:40 PM   #2
Sagat
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ED83 7050

good shit dude.
Old 08-25-08, 05:06 AM   #3
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

Nice mag., mother fucker.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 08-25-08, 11:41 AM   #4
Lay.
don't try.

haha thanksss mann'... and man
Old 08-25-08, 01:30 PM   #5
Savior Self.
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 20CD 5579

Pretty ¢ool.....
Old 08-25-08, 01:51 PM   #6
Lay.
don't try.

IP: 6A4A 8D17

oh yeah..I answered your question in the last mag savior..but I closed it before you saw it i think. You need like 50 posts I think to change your custom title an avy.
Old 08-25-08, 03:08 PM   #7
Brydon
I made it and il end it

Text Record: 13-9
IP: CAB7 929E

job well done mate..................................
Send a message via MSN to Brydon   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 03:09 PM   #8
Lay.
don't try.

IP: 6A4A 8D17

lol thanks man,..
Old 08-25-08, 03:54 PM   #9
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

who cares if i used the same concept more then once aslong as i flip it in a way no one else did
Old 08-25-08, 04:37 PM   #10
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

If there is a reason behind using it twice, like one punch following one punch.. both using the same concept and you connect the two punches together it is alright as long as it is nicely flipped.

I saw kung do it in the RBL a couple of times, most notable one was against MetaSin where he did two nameplays one after the other and strung them together. Shit was dope.

Nice mag, and word to me having verse of the week AGAIN.
Old 08-25-08, 05:23 PM   #11
JTR
Jack The Ripper

you guys are lucky i was partying cuz i coulda easilly beat sagats verse for the record and made this playoffs way harder for u all
Old 08-25-08, 06:19 PM   #12
Lay.
don't try.

Yeah,.. if you tried josh you might had. lol, guess we'll never knowww haha
Old 08-25-08, 06:56 PM   #13
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

I just discovered a wicked good band.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 08-25-08, 07:01 PM   #14
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Fear
Yeah,.. if you tried josh you might had. lol, guess we'll never knowww haha

No, I do know... I just said I WOULD have beat him
Old 08-25-08, 07:39 PM   #15
Lay.
don't try.

haha.. shutup I was predicting you to run through everyone in the playoffs..now my predictions are down the drain.

what band would that be bromosexual?