RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-07, 01:53 AM   #1
tornado220
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-2
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Christian Group Comes After 50 Cent for Wearing Cross

IP: 6196 B4EE

Christian Group Comes After 50 Cent for Wearing Cross
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christian Group Urges 50 Cent To Stop Wearing Cross; Manager Calls Request 'Absurd'
By Chris Richburg and Nolan Strong
www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=7014

Throughout his career, 50 Cent has stood toe to toe with a number of rappers during various battles.

But now, the G-Unit leader has a new opponent in the form of a Christian group that wants him to stop wearing his diamond-covered cross.

The Resistance, a nationwide Christian organization focused on preserving Christian values in the media, is taking issue with 50 Cent for wearing the large cross as a fashion statement.

For the organization's founder Mark Dice, the cross contradicts what the rapper is saying in his music.

“50 Cent is no Christian, and if you listen to his lyrics it becomes clear that he is more of a Satanist than anything” said Dice, who offered what he feels is a better choice for 50 to wear.

“He is defaming the cross and committing blasphemy by wearing it while he raps about killing people for no reason because he’s a big bad ‘gangster.’ I think a large diamond studded platinum satanic pentagram would be a little more fitting for him” Dice said.

50 Cent's cross has been noticeably visible in photos, as well as concert performances and the album covers for his releases Guess Who's Back, Get Rich or Die Tryin' and The Massacre.

"We aren't aware of this absurd request," Violator CEO/50 Cent's manager Chris Lighty told AllHipHop.com. "They should look up our charitable deeds before casting a stone. This is entertainment and no one is forcing them to listen to the music or watch any of the videos. It's an individual choice."

50 Cent is the latest entertainer to draw criticism from The Resistance.

In 2005, the organization labeled pop singer Jessica Simpson a “singing stripper” and called for MTV to pull the video for her song "These Boots are Made for Walking."

Most recently, The Resistance has been in the news for urging Duke University to change the name of their sports teams from the Blue Devils to something not offensive to the Christian community.
Old 05-10-07, 02:22 AM   #2
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: 5E98 B05F

As a Christian myself, I honestly think it's stupid that they would do this.

Now I understand their point and I agree with them. It is defaming the cross and it is a serious matter.

But to tell him to stop wearing it is kind of silly. That means they have to go to EVERYONE who isn't a christian and wears a cross and tell them to stop. That's like a million people.
Old 05-10-07, 03:32 AM   #3
B To The D
Nt Your Average

Text Record: 24-5
Audio Record: 3-1
Graphics Record: 4-1
IP: 33F5 1CD5

lmao!!!!!!!!!!! what the fuck is this lmaooo
Old 05-10-07, 04:16 AM   #4
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: 74C0 CAA4

Implicit is right.

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 05-10-07, 04:19 AM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

lol, they are basically doing the same thing as 50 is. Idiots -_-.
Old 05-10-07, 05:27 AM   #6
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 5E95 30E5

he should wear it upside down...that would piss off a lotta christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 05:58 AM   #7
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP: 70DC 48A3

no man has the right to damn another, for all have sinned and fallen short of the flory of God... if they were going purely off of what they thought were wholesome lyrics, most of the rap community would have to take off their cross and Jesus piece... i mean, stuff is rediculous, and i don't even lik 50... you have your values, he has his, but calling the man a satanist?! as a real christian, i'm going to ask the whole organization to shut the fuck up... anybody got a p.o. box i can send that letter to?

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 06:33 AM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

im sure theres an email address or something easier... Look up their website or something.
Old 05-10-07, 10:59 AM   #9
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
IP: 8BEF 45EF

i'm a christian and i dont really like 50cent that much either but telling him not to wear a cross anymore is going too far, thats like walking up and telling somebody that god doesn't love you anymore, plus 4real you can't tell sinners not to wear crosses cuz ever body sins so in that case nobody should wear them, but i guess that even the most intelligent people don't think things through all of the time.i wear a big platinum cross and i sin daily but long as you repent for what'chu have done and change your ways than its okay, and forreal thats gods job. cuz when the terrorist we're claiming to be muslim, i know a lot of muslims personally who said that they are liars and defaming there religion, but i dont see any of them saying that they can't pray to allah anymore because its gods job to judge, reward and punish, not ours.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 06-09-07, 02:36 AM   #10
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2020 96DE

ight whatever "christian" came up with this bullshit had to either be high or bored. and if i was 50 i WOULD wear a satanic pentagram and put more bling on it than any cross can have so when kids start envying his new bling then the christian group will get REALLY heated and i could come right up and say that it was THEIR suggestion..lmao that would be SOO badass
Old 06-09-07, 09:57 AM   #11
KiddYork
Herb

Text Record: 0-0
IP: F3B6 C23F

even more reason for me to not believe in god......lol
Old 06-09-07, 04:29 PM   #12
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

rofl, just goes to show what good christianity does in the world, there main concerns are getting 50 cent to stop wearing a cross.
Good way to save the world. Oh woops, thats what were all waiting jesus to come back and do -_-
Old 06-09-07, 11:15 PM   #13
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5A36 D0C3

wow... just shows how ignorant christians make the entire religion look bad... but that's like judging hip-hop off of what you see on the news as well, judging all of christianity off of these ignorant examples is blasphemy.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★