RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-05, 06:02 AM   #1
Shi-1
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-0
BENZINO says Em never wanted to squash beef!

IP: FE61 1311

Eminem and 'The Source' magazine will finally get to settle their beef ... at least in court, that is.

On Monday, New York federal court judge Gerald E. Lynch ruled that Slim Shady's copyright-infringement lawsuit against the hip-hop publication would go to trial.

The trial is the latest development in the ongoing war of words between Em and 'The Source' owners Ray Benzino and Dave Mays. The suit itself stems from the magazine's release of excerpts of two of Eminem's early recordings where the rapper can be heard making offensive comments about black women.

At first, Judge Lynch granted the rapper and his Shady Records an injunction that blocked 'The Source' from releasing a CD with the freestyle. Less than a week later, however, Lynch lifted the injunction, ruling that the magazine could release a small portion of the track. Eminem's lawyers appealed this decision.

Ironically, Eminem has lately been talking about quashing beefs. In fact, the rapper said he was ready to settle all of his rivalries late last year.

But now...

A truce isn't a truce if both parties don't agree. That seems to be the case in the ongoing beef between Eminem and Benzino.

While Eminem has said that he would like to end all of his rivalries the co-owner of 'The Source' magazine said he isn't buying it.

"These guys are all about spin," Benzino said Tuesday. "He never wanted to squash the beef. He said in another publication that he would never sit down with me. If he did want to come forth and address these issues, that would be a great thing because of his influence. But he's never had the desire to sit down with me."

In fact, Benzino has crafted 'Look Into My Eyes' as a response to Slim Shady's 'Like Toy Soldiers,' which featured the fictional murder of D12 member Proof. The video picks up where 'Like Toy Soldiers' leaves off: In the opening scene, an Eminem lookalike calls a character named Jimmy (presumably a reference to Interscope Records honcho Jimmy Iovine) from the hospital to tell him that he wants to get out of the business because he's been scared by Proof's death.

"He's dead, he's dead — they killed him, Jimmy," the Eminem character says. The Jimmy character tries to calm Eminem down, reminding him that he said there would be casualties. However, Eminem cannot be consoled and says he wants to quit.

While Benzino is never named by either character, it is insinuated that he's to blame for Proof's death. As the video continues, there are shots of police raiding a warehouse where Benzino and his crew are holed up. While Benzino isn't killed on camera, he is later shown as an angel rising to heaven, and at the end of the video, "Jimmy" telephones someone and says, "It's done."

"The guy that shoots Proof in ['Like Toy Soldiers'] is supposed to be me," Benzino said. "What he's so afraid of happening in that video happens in the 'hood every day. I have lost three friends — one of them died in my arms — like that. 'Look Into My Eyes' addresses all of that. He's never gone through what we've been through in the 'hood."

The autobiographical 'Look Into My Eyes' also chronicles Benzino's turbulent life, including the incarceration of his father and the MC's years growing up on the mean streets of Boston. The song serves as the first offering from the rapper's forthcoming LP, Archnemisis, which is slated for release on February 22.

The beef between Benzino and Eminem has been long-running and well-documented. Most recently, it was reported that the two parties would settle at least some of their differences in court.

Source: EminemLounge.com

*SHIESTY~ ONE*

*HAPPY~HOLIDAYZ~BITCHEZ*

*SHISTEY~ ONE*

HELLO! well ummm
CLICK TO HEAR MY SHORT ODE TO RAPVERSE "
Old 01-28-05, 12:59 PM   #2
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

Text Record: 17-2
IP: 6C15 4D51

Yea, i read this before on Allhiphop.com.. they all copy and paste each other, ain't no tellin where the original source came from..
Old 01-28-05, 02:41 PM   #3
Mortem
Custom Title

IP: FA63 454B

Werd, to sonic, but I read this as well.

The Jury.
& Intellectual Thought's
Send a message via MSN to Mortem   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 02:45 PM   #4
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

this is mad old.......
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 01-28-05, 03:47 PM   #5
*GHOSTE*
Banned: Cheating

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 9C92 533D

benzinos just mad that hed get squashed in a battle...
Send a message via AIM to *GHOSTE*   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 08:19 PM   #6
PayDay
FuCk YoU I RhYme BeTtEr

IP: B334 EBA7

huh....i didnt know that...thanks for posting that...and honestly its never gonna end

EveryDay Its the same old song, and the feeling is always gone

.:THE JURY:.
HONOR and RESPECT

Send a message via AIM to PayDay Send a message via MSN to PayDay   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 10:17 PM   #7
jr freeze
freeze

IP: 58E6 C588

yea ems jus tired of rippin all these lames he just endin it all.......fuck a benzino anyway.......
Old 02-01-05, 04:33 AM   #8
TAKENOTICE
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME

Text Record: 5-5
IP: E89B 00E7

bensino also gave one of his shitty ass albums 5 mics

benzino = marks ass bitch him and his low budget biggie style wanna be bottles n up video
DaTruth29 [~*Lady Fiya*~] shake-spear Trooper Nova
Old 02-01-05, 05:54 AM   #9
kaveh
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 6DB1 8409

Quote:
Originally Posted by *GHOSTE*
benzinos just mad that hed get squashed in a battle...

Yup thats wat i think also^^
Old 02-01-05, 07:53 PM   #10
Shi-1
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: ABE5 5A5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayDay
huh....i didnt know that...thanks for posting that...and honestly its never gonna end

You're welcomed. Yea, I figured there'd be some who maybe didn't hear about this.

Zino, is a trip yo. Isn't it obvious that keepin beef with Em, is the ONLY reason anyone knows Benzino's even ALIVE?
So of course he will find any excuse to keep his meal ticked alive.

sad when beef is the ONLY way u can get known, cuz u lack skills.

*SHIESTY~ ONE*

*HAPPY~HOLIDAYZ~BITCHEZ*

*SHISTEY~ ONE*

HELLO! well ummm
CLICK TO HEAR MY SHORT ODE TO RAPVERSE "
Old 02-01-05, 07:57 PM   #11
MetEoR-K
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 866B 2D8E