RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-05, 10:02 PM   #1
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Young Gunz "Brothers From Another"

IP: 22C6 2F1A

My thorough analysis of Young Gunz "Brothers From Another"

1.The Knock is Here- not much of an opening track, the beat is very simple, their verses are decent. If I wasn't a huge fan i would have tossed the CD on first hearing this track. 4/10

2.Set It Off- Another great club track by tha Gunnaz with tha help of veteran producer Swizz Beats. The Beat is somewhat catchy, the flow is nothing too special, great rhythm altogether though. 8/10

3.Dont Keep Me Waiting ft. 112- Old school beat with an old school verse. This track is very early 90's R&B-ish. Skip from 112 could pass for a gurl in this track. Neef spits a great verse in this track. 7/10

4.Tonight ft. Daz- West Coast-Snoop Dogg beat, im sure if Chad Wes had sampled this to Snoop before R&G, we would have heard it on R&G. The chorus to this track is somewhat catchy. Dillinger sounds great on this track, his flow is on point, and chris starts to get heated for the rest of the album. 8/10

5.Don't Stop- Great Beat, sounds as if chad wes got a lil help from Swizz, Neef and chris start out with a tag-team verse, taking turns rippin tha beat. The hook is ok, nothing special. C n Neef go on to tag team again twice more, great opener to a great track. 7.75/10

6.Same Shit, Different Day- The best song on this album by far. The beat is the best on the album, it sounds like a Pharrel beat, but screwd. Both C n Neef's flows are on point in this track, this is the apitomy of the whole album. 9.5/10

7.Grown Man Pt. 2 ft. kanye West and John Legend- this track had the potential to be a great track. Kanye killed the whole vibe you got when you first read kanye west and john legend were features, his verse is very 'blah'. John Legend adds some good vocals in the chorus, but not much else. C and Neef are alsmot not present in this track, their verses are also 'blah'

8.Beef- a great vibe track, starts out with Neef talking about beefin with a nigga and how he gon lay tha heat to him, so you know they mean business on this track. Chris opens with a fire in his verse that i hadn't heard from him til now. But the real story of this track is Neef, you can tell his is feeling this track and the theme, he spits a very deep verse. The chorus is the best on the CD. 9/10

9.It's The Life ft. Pooda Brown- Ehh, once again i am very disappointed in tha gunnaz, they lead me on to think this album is going to turn into the album ive been waiting for all year, the album ive been anticipating more than 50's the massacre, only to be let down. C n Neef are inconsistent with their tracks, as proved by playing beef, then this track. 6/10

10. The Way It Goes ft. Pooda Brown- this track could be mistaken for a track displaced on a gunnaz CD when meant to be on an Amerie CD, not much to say about this song, other than its 'eh'. The chorus is a 7/10 of chorus' though. 7/10

11.What We Gotta Do- This track is very reminicent of 'North of Death' on their rookie album 'Tough Luv'. This track has some great acoustics in it also. The track is basically talking about how everything in life is a catch-22, they try to get big and they lose homies, they try to stay tru to tha streets and they losing in the rap industry. great vibe track. 9/10

12.We Still Here ft. Memphis Bleek- This track wasnt all too bad, Neef once again is on point in this track, his flows made this track, bleek also sounded great on this track, i dont know if there could have been any better of a feature for this track. the tempo matches Bleeks most deffinately. 8.5/10

Overall, I was somewhat disappointed by tha Gunnaz final product, they lacked consistency, where i would see potential and fire at some points, i would see complete garbage at other times. Though the album wasn't all i had anticipated, it still hasn't fazed me as a Gunnaz fan, so in turn, I will most deffinately be buying their new album

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 10:27 PM   #2
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 22C6 2F1A

hahahaha i must be bad at this to get no views

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 11:31 AM   #3
ol'dirtymexican
Flyweight

IP: 1D2E C954

dis album is off tha chain my favorite song is tha way is goes cuz it got a tight beat
Send a message via AIM to ol'dirtymexican   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:55 AM   #4
DaCument
ThE UlTimAtE GhOSt WrITeR

Audio Record: 7-2
IP: 0825 899A

yea the album is gonna be a R.O.C legend, young guns got heat, aint no other two man groups fuckin with them....

DaCument

OUT NOW
Send a message via AIM to DaCument Send a message via Yahoo to DaCument   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 04:28 PM   #5
CataclyzM-i-C
Beantown's Finest

Text Record: 3-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 81CE 2F6B

ya dis album is ill...gunnaz held it down on dis shyt !
beats is FIRE...n the lyrics is hot 2...i respect dis album
n its gon b in da whip for a minute !

Old 06-08-05, 07:38 PM   #6
youngin-Fresh3
a.k.a Young Franchize

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 3BC8 3C6E

I dont know... I never heard the album but gunnas never been appealin to me...i dunno, that might b juss me

Me(Young Franchize) and Phenom are puttin' together an E.P for ya'll make sure you check that out...Out Soon
Send a message via AIM to youngin-Fresh3 Send a message via MSN to youngin-Fresh3   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 11:06 AM   #7
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

IP: 473F 6D42

yea recently finished hearin the cd and its good nothin too much but its aight like 7 good songs ill listen to

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote