RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Rap Superstar
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-06, 11:33 AM   #1
L.E
L.E

The Judges

IP: 8471 8CE5

Instead of voting, I have contacted and selected judges from outside RV. Actually, outside of the internet for that matter.

Here they are:

Delscio Aldaine

This African American has been a long time editor for the Edmonton Journal. He reports and reviews almost everything hip-hop, but also has a love for alternative rock. After listening to hip-hop for most of his life, he knows what is good rap and what isn't.

Amy Yager

This California-born recently moved to Calgary to work at a talent agency. She mainly deals with musicians and song writers, so here judgments here will be highly professional.

Charles Maddock

Charles has been a long time marketing consultant for many different labels, both major, and independent. He knows what sells, and what doesn't.

All judges will be not have accounts on RV, but they will submit their judgments to me.

And before you start saying "Why would these people have time for this", they are getting paid to do it. So be thankful.
Old 10-30-06, 11:41 AM   #2
PrahJect
Champion

IP: 7EBA 8803

word man damn you got this locked...I got a question tho when they judge they all choose? or like if the thing u gotta do is to do with marketing only the mrketing dude judges?
Old 10-30-06, 11:43 AM   #3
L.E
L.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrahJect
word man damn you got this locked...I got a question tho when they judge they all choose? or like if the thing u gotta do is to do with marketing only the mrketing dude judges?

Since all three judges come from a different perspective of judging music material, all three of them will be deciding. Two against one kind of thing.
Old 10-30-06, 12:02 PM   #4
.Ike.
Ike

IP: 2507 7083

ahh thats some cool shit...people outside of rv judging...i like that
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 10:55 PM   #5
TitoBronsky
El Padrino

IP: 90A6 BE8B

word to havin out side judges..... livens things up a bit no doubt

Full Metal Bronsky Dropin 1st Quarter 08'

Send a message via AIM to TitoBronsky Send a message via Yahoo to TitoBronsky   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 01:42 AM   #6
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: 2AC9 5FB1

I don't know about this outside judging thing.. its cool for audio battles, but for text battles, those guys i'm sure know absolutely nothing about text battles.. so very likely a verse full of played shit will impress them.
Old 10-31-06, 01:44 AM   #7
L.E
L.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrusHurtz
I don't know about this outside judging thing.. its cool for audio battles, but for text battles, those guys i'm sure know absolutely nothing about text battles.. so very likely a verse full of played shit will impress them.

Lol.

They listen to lyrics, read lyrics, and use the lyrics to assess the meanign of songs.

Trust me, they know their shit.
Old 10-31-06, 08:28 AM   #8
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: 2AC9 5FB1

lol, yea, thats my point.. they listen to lyrics.. they prolly know a hell of a lot about song writing, audio battling, and rap in general. But text is very different. These guys have probably never read a text battle before. I don't know why a professional in the business really would. Therefore, they likely have no idea of what makes a good text battle and what doesn't. They probably have a good idea of the text which would make a good audio battle, but thats not at all the same thing. IE, the text of a good audio battle is often shitty for a text battle.

Its cool you got judges man, great effort with that shit, I'm just worried that there will be absolutely no point in coming original in the text battles because these people likely have no idea what concepts are played and whats not.
Old 10-31-06, 12:38 PM   #9
Crime
Herb

IP: D9F4 779F

thats a good point trus but in my oppinion i say we just let them do they thing they are professionals for a reason and if we do see that they dont know what a good text is then well just have to elevate and show em whats up ya feel me playboy
Old 11-01-06, 04:13 AM   #10
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: 7323 1437

Finally...a tournament without dickriding judges...hopefully i wont get fucked out of a tourney this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 02:53 AM   #12
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP: 2143 04F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrusHurtz
lol, yea, thats my point.. they listen to lyrics.. they prolly know a hell of a lot about song writing, audio battling, and rap in general. But text is very different. These guys have probably never read a text battle before. I don't know why a professional in the business really would. Therefore, they likely have no idea of what makes a good text battle and what doesn't. They probably have a good idea of the text which would make a good audio battle, but thats not at all the same thing. IE, the text of a good audio battle is often shitty for a text battle.

Its cool you got judges man, great effort with that shit, I'm just worried that there will be absolutely no point in coming original in the text battles because these people likely have no idea what concepts are played and whats not.

that just goes to show you how fuckin gay text battles are
nigga, move up to audio

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 09:43 AM   #13
TitoBronsky
El Padrino

IP: 07DA 3584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
that just goes to show you how fuckin gay text battles are
nigga, move up to audio

CO-SIGN

Full Metal Bronsky Dropin 1st Quarter 08'

Send a message via AIM to TitoBronsky Send a message via Yahoo to TitoBronsky   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-06, 01:14 AM   #14
Also Known.

IP: 1838 762D

What about RV members bein refered to in battle verses in text. Like i mention Tha Q in my verse against DQ and without knowing who the hell he is the judges wont know what I'm talkin about. Also when are they gonna judge!!!

THE TRUTH IS I'M BETTER THAN YOU
Send a message via AIM to Also Known.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 07:08 PM   #15
SwervEz
New to RV

IP: 3C25 D857

this sounds so cool

*ejaculates*