RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-03, 10:32 AM   #46
DAARK
New to RB

Text Record: 0-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: DC4B D8F1

MUHAHAHAHAA......>> exactly......get used to it closet fag....MUHAHAHAHAHA.....** smokes on ma name sake ** (get it?)..........>> aight I meant HERB U slow muthafucker lol
Old 10-17-03, 10:38 AM   #47
LM
Drop Of Genius

Text Record: 38-15
IP: DF7B C8F7

^^^Do you ever make any sense!^^^What the fuck is your problem with British people anyway.

Old 10-17-03, 10:53 AM   #48
DAARK
New to RB

Text Record: 0-3
IP: DC4B D8F1

Jus' FUCKIN' wit' ya dawg..nothin personal 'per say'......but U should'nt take my bullshyt seriously.....I do this strictly fa giggles 'mayne'.....I love Brits......especially tha pale white faced birdz (hoes) who come to our tropical shores ta get a good FUCKIN'.....>>peace
Old 10-17-03, 10:58 AM   #49
LM
Drop Of Genius

Just sayin tropical shores is a piss take. Just coz we aint got none. Anyways good battle yesterday.

Old 10-17-03, 11:08 AM   #50
/:Ayura:\

Text Record: 0-1
IP: CC07 EC19

lol I luv seeing two differant national people fighting

british hip hop is taking over, give it a couple of years
Old 10-17-03, 11:10 AM   #51
LM
Drop Of Genius

The worst thing he's said is bout the tropical shores. Just coz we've got the amazin blackpool beach there's no need to rub it in.

Old 10-17-03, 01:16 PM   #52
Bigg E Z
Pleas, Not the teeth...!!

Text Record: 0-0
IP: DD62 6830

Ayura...WORD..!!!!!!!1

I mean the UK Scene is the top Scene in Europe.....And anyway...some NOOB sed no UK cat aint ever gona blow in US.....one name SLICK RICK bitch..!!!!

Plus ME and Cam..!!! HAHAHA
Send a message via AIM to Bigg E Z   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-03, 01:18 PM   #53
LM
Drop Of Genius

Dont forget me. I'm goin for it too

Old 10-17-03, 03:57 PM   #54
*Y_nOt*
Light Weight

IP: ABE5 5A5C

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigg E Z
Ayura...WORD..!!!!!!!1

I mean the UK Scene is the top Scene in Europe.....And anyway...some NOOB sed no UK cat aint ever gona blow in US.....one name SLICK RICK bitch..!!!!

Plus ME and Cam..!!! HAHAHA

^^^Yea slick rick is from england but were did he move to be4 he even new about rap??? N.Y.C!!!! Like ive said so many times be4 if he never moved to new york he would have ended up being just another u.k head claimin that british rap is going to "blow up" and "take the world by storm". Since he moved to america in the early 80's when hip-hop was in its infant stage and just an "AMERICAN" trend on the uprise, he never would have been turned on to rappin. The "AMERICAN" scene back then influenced his music and without him acting like everyone else here in america he wouldnt have done shit. But im not hate'n on him, I liked slick rick back in the day wit his one eye patch and big gold chains and shit. Dude was tiight, but he was actin like americans and it helped him to blow up

" So for the 2nd time [The Pharisses] summoned the man who had been blind and said
"Speak the truth before God. We know this man is a sinner."
"Wether he is a sinner I do not know."
:The man replied:
"All I know is this...Once I was blind and now I can see"
John 1x 24-26
Old 10-17-03, 04:19 PM   #55
HK The Great
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 6193 F777

Quote:
Originally posted by Luminous
British rap sucks...unless their accent isnt noticeable...people with accents can't rap.

tho thats some bullshit, its the truth... im mexican, and like spanish rap or african rap will not blow up cuz the accent, and rappin in spanish is easy as fuck cuz every word ends wit O (ohh) or A (ahhh), jamicans are blowin up but i dont think they are rappin, sounds more like singin and shit, club music to me, but tha whole street cred thing comes up and then accent, not dissin or hatin but they wont blow up or even fuckin come close, the voice, style and lyrics are way behind... so yeah thats a big no dice to uk rap, even if they got skills, they dont got skills in U.S.

Payce
Old 10-17-03, 11:09 PM   #56
Stark
New to RB

IP: A015 659A

im just gonna be honest. all u u brits need to realize that nobody really gives a fuck about british hip hop except you guys. americans can't relate to the shit u all rap about, so it will never "blow" up, at least in the US. ive heard some british rap and i though it was garbage. im not saying that to insult anyone, its just my opinion. also, if you want birtish hip hop to blow up, you gotta make your own style, be original and shit. you cant try to use language used in american hip hop and expect to sound original with your accent(i know, its americans who have an accent, but you know what i mean).

and:
Quote:
tho thats some bullshit, its the truth... im mexican, and like spanish rap or african rap will not blow up cuz the accent

im mexican too, and i used to think that, but then i realized that if you have an accent u just have to find your own style to sound right. every accent needs a different style to sound right. you cant expect to sound straight if youre using a style meant for people without accent, you gotta find your own. that goes for africans, brits, aussies....etc
Old 10-18-03, 12:53 AM   #57
e.coli
Can u beat me?..Hell No

Text Record: 19-10
IP: C1DA C961

i think british rap can only get better. when i came to this site i noticed that there are a lot of british people on here i didnt know britan was serious about rap.

holla
Old 10-18-03, 01:10 AM   #58
Stark
New to RB

IP: A015 659A

and i bet youre british. i dont see any other reason for you to say that british hip hop is coming up.
Old 10-18-03, 09:15 AM   #59
LM
Drop Of Genius

The problem that British rap is havin at the moment is:
1) The kids with the real talent are stuck on the streets and aint gettin recognized and,
2) We have no really good producers who can give them that little extra push they need.

In the states there are oppertunities for somebody to make it in every state but over here the producers are only interested in pop music and that sucks. For example if somebody went on pop idol rappin then they'd get nowhere but if they went on american idol then they'd stand a better chance. The music charts and everythin are really fucked up at the moment.

Old 10-18-03, 09:25 AM   #60
Rob D

Text Record: 0-1
IP: EE88 2083

^^^^^exactly

the city i live there is one signed rap group and they signed to a independant label so they dont get the promotion or nuttin, but the way i see it if we keep working at it one day british hip hop will get the recognition it deserves!!