RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Tutorials
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-04, 07:47 PM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
OMB's AMAZING FANTABULOUS MULTI/FLOW/RAPPING TUTORIAL!

IP: 48EA 7C3F

I wrote this for the tutorial forum... And for L.I's elevation thread... But i dont know how to get it into the tut forum, and multis are dope. So maybe a mod/admin will see it here

OMB's AMAZING FANTABULOUS MULTI TUTORIAL

This tutorial will contain any shit that might help you with your multis, flow and rapping... but mainly aspects of rapping that'll help with multis..

What not to do

FORCE YA MULTIS
omb’s a faulty disaster chastise ya sack, have rv’s bitches bodycast ya ‘wraps’
fuck a multi master recognize ya wack, no maybies kid admit at last your crap,
rip ya scritp n split your mid, choak your vocals with a bib-spit your verse of fibs,
flip ya lip-ton noodle I did, mock your focals n crack your lid’s bars worse than gibs,
- DV8 (i'm sorry -_-)

^Decent multis... but where are the punches??? Wheres the vocab??? He sacrificed hits for flow, which is a no... So if you cant think of a multi to suit your situation, dont do one... Cos it will sound forced.

USE GAY VOCAB

If youre new to rapping, leave multis alone till ya build up a decent vocab..
Or it will result in lines el forcio.

STRETCH YA LINES

Now, in multi land there is no such thing as stretched lines if you do them right... A lot of people when voting on my battles say "yeah.. lines were a little stretched." But if multis are done right, and you use a good rhymescheme that aint just at the end of a line, the line could be long as shit and still not be stretched...

But all those anti-multinators out there are like "omg the line is more than 10 words long!! its stretched dammit!! But just ignore em... And if ya line goes onto the next one, (if u know what i mean) then youll cop a flaming from voters even though it might flow... So yeah.. keep all that in mind.

What you should do

SYLLABLE/RHYME MATCHING

Best read this shit, cos multis aint hard to learn
and anyone ya battle'll walk away with heart burn

^see how "hard to learn" and "heart burn" dont match even though they rhyme? thats bad.

Best read this shit cos multis really aint heard to learn
anyone I battle, drop a verse n im leavin they heart to burn

^see how the syllables "matched" on that one??

..really aint hard to learn
..leavin they heart to burn

^thats a good syllable count... the multi doest have to be that long, but you get the idea.

LEARN TO SLANT RHYME

slant rhyming is when words dont perfectly rhyme, but they still do.

Splitting
hit him
living

weapon
check em

etc... pretty elementary stuff

A COUPLE WORDS --> MORE WORDS

crazy and amazing, I obliterate the opposition
watch closely, as i drop hits to break n rock ya visions

^you dont always have to use the same syllable words, you can break it down into one syllable words, or two etc. ^very useful.

WORD COMPRESSION

a useful tool in the world of multis. If you're lines are too long, compress them, or if they sound bad in some way, try diff words, use metaphors n shit...... like so:

Ill unload a whole round out my gun, straight into your head
you used to have knowledge, but now im rockin you with platefuls of lead

^wack and long, no?

Ill unload a clip from my gat inta ya back, neck n' head, till I shook it
formerly knowledgable, now im toppin you cos ya brains filled wit bullets

^better flowing, but still same length.

Damn, it used to be so hard back at home.. its kinda funny
now I look at why we didnt realise before to share our money..

^uhh... wack..

Used to get knocked up on the block, but we made it... s'gettin better
Still rock guns n shoot shots, but me n the fam breakin bread together

^breakin bread together dont mean they splittin a loaf.. its talkin bout sharin money, food, all that shit. Better flowing too.

TRY DIFFERENT RHYME SCHEMES

Basic rhyme

check it, im droppin knowledge, teachin a lesson
kids get knocked back hard when I reach for the wesson

^Simple.

Inners
Yo, im droppin all that, dont stall jack, im teachin a lesson
kids get knocked back hard, whenever i reach for the wesson

^Bolded parts are the inners. Its a rhyme *within* a line.

The A-B-C-D

Sneakin with weapons, dont stall kids, im teachin a lesson
get a bit deeper n' wreckem cats fall flat when i reach fa the wesson

^start of the first line, end of the first line, start of the second line, end of the second line, its all the same rhyme. And you can chuck in some inners to enhance the flow even more.

Callback

im up n' teachin a lesson, droppin all that, so dont stall jack
this is a call back n' youll fall flat when i reach fa the wesson

^the bolded parts are the rhyme... call backs rhyme the start of the first line with the end of the last, and to be effective, usually needs some inners to help it flow. Scarcely used in text, mostly used in audio.

The spectaculartastic mega floetry combo mark 12

rip bitches fit for clips from the six clipped to my hips, flip'd hits you threw me
this kids dick's licked by his click, crew voters, but im a misfit for newbies

^thats the simple kind of this... not many multis in there, just a lot of repetition of sound.

expect ya back to get hit with blasts from the hip when this cat band gets back in the mix
cuz i'll be trashin this kid, when i jump in the fastest of whips where the passengers sit
while one a the homeboy's gassin it n' laughin a bit
we strapped to the ribs with gats and with clips to clap at this kid
while we passin his ave in a fit of click clackity-clicks
this fag'll get capped in the hip while he's flappin his lips
actin like his raps are the shit when half is prewrit, and the other half of it's bit.
battle with this? ha, i think this fag would rather plop his ass on a dick
but i guess i should give him a break, it's his time of the month and his pad's in a twist
yall got the wackest of kids to attack me with hits that ain't even scratch me a bit
man, this is just my opener, now try n' get ya wack raps together n' get back at this, bitch.

^now bolding the rhymes in that would take several years, but you get the idea... Thats just basically raw flow though.. theres a few punches in there but its really difficult to incorporate any if your not good at multis yet..

GET A BETTER VOCAB/PRACTICE

now... learning to rap/multi takes time and patience. From the time you start, everytime you write shit you're building your vocab, eventually you'll get a "list" of words that rhyme in your head, or the kind of words that rhyme,...

Its all about practice, dont get lazy. Dont be like some people I know that "SIN" after din"NER" ...<(most cats will know what thats about) and always ask you to "elevate them"... cats like that wont get good at rap cos they have no patience and are lazy and are looking for a quick fix to get good. Its ok to ask for help and feedback on your stuff... but not how to get madd quick..

REPEAT AFTER ME
Multis are dope
anybody who opposes multis, is evil
I shall be for multis, and never against multis
those who mistreat multis are evil
forcing multis is evil
multis are not evil
Multis are the essence of flow
I love multis.

REMEMBER

multis aint everything for most people... you see most of the vets here dont use multis, that doesnt mean theres anything wrong with their flow, punches etc. It just means they have a diff style... If you find multis hard, but you have good punches, forget about em. If you cant think of em yet, forget about em.

The only people everybody should hate is anti-multinators aka opposers of multis. these are the guys thats like "man! multis are wack! its all about punches! youre getting too hung up on multis, and theyre wack!!!"

^this is true for forced multis, but multis + punches = dope

those who badmouth multis like that will battle me.

SHUTUP AFTER

Aight, now heres the plan: your all gonna give feedback on this tut n make suggestions or ask questions, and then your gonna shutup n practice. If theres anythin i forgot ill add it whenever.........................

ONE

~-~