RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases > Poetic Scriptures
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-05, 05:11 PM   #1
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
"A Disabled Fable"

IP: B887 BC3C

" A Disabled Fable"

Born from my mother's womb, kicking and fighting my way from my natural tomb
Into the light, blinding my sight....in my confusion hearing things from those in the night
"Wow, look at his big legs"...hahaha..."Explains him kicking all the time, it was doing in my head"
Even then, my limbs seemed vital to me, at such a young age, i have memories playin on the fields
Football with my family, so them seems like a grain of normailty, reflecting now is saddening
Running through the nights dressed in black so I blend as I depend on the dark
In the parks, standing and listening to preachers as the move round talking of christs preachings
Playing and earning respect, now without another, I'm an inatimate object, who people think might infect
And wreck their young seeds, quite simply failing to see that disability is not a contageous disease
Growing up as a child hoping to become a sports player to earn and survive my way through life
That would be my fire exit from the ghetto strife, now i can only stare as everything passes me by
I wonder why, in my brain im insane asking how the bible can be a book of subliminal lies
Causing me to cry and look at disciple writings in contempt, conceit and despise
Ive prayed and stayed faithful to thee, yet in a cruel accident you have taken everything from me
Now in my sleep, is the only time I can realise dreams through closed and froze eyes
Its the oppurtunity,My only portal I have, to escape the cage of disability in these wheels
Im night imprisoned by steel, but by society and how it judges and preconcieves me
Living with no legs, in my eyes is an evil fate, i would never debate, conversate, or wish on another person
As it is a life filled with remorse, saddness and never-ending tears and internal hurting
Tired of patronising comments of how life hasnt ended, and people pretending rights are equal
Ask that same person to give you their legs, and watch them laugh and say "I'd rather be dead"
Because this world is superficial, I wont knock it because thats the world is, no point fighting
But in a world like this im easily oversighted, turned away because people are misinformed and frightened
Thats my pain, fuck being comfortable with who I am, I just want to be normal again
So I can run in the rain, and free my heart of this relentelss onslaught of debaught grief and strain

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 05-18-05, 05:18 PM   #2
Dervla
Poet's Daughter.

IP: 4208 F86D

Ha, this was nice. Great vocab. It was more like an story telling/ poem. The emotion was nice, felt the character's feeling. The imaginary was good, i can picture the hard times the character has been through. Yo and your wordplay is mad fucking dope, very creative. But The twist at the end was very mysterious, "Living with no legs, in my eyes is an evil fate, i would never debate, conversate, or wish on another person". I was like "WTF" Did on the first sentence did the man said "Look at his cute legs", but now the man dont have no legs?........That's fucked up, but i felt the pain.

Nice drop man

Please return a fav leave a feedback in my newest OM "Silent Scream".........

Chea.

ITawAPuddyKat: Yeah, I guess. But I won't be a Lesbo for life.
Smartone Freal: oh so u DO have plans of turnin str8
ITawAPuddyKat: Well Yes, Yes I do.
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: Lol, all smiles aren't we? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol yea i cant hide what i think bout u
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: ...Oh, what DO you think about me? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol sorry thats private
ITawAPuddyKat: EWWWWWWW..*Sigged*
Send a message via AIM to Dervla   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 06:48 PM   #3
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 3FC4 D8E8

Thanks 4 da feed ...the speech at the beginning is from those surrounding him at birth...BUMP

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer