RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > 1-2-1 Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-07, 07:19 AM   #1
Civil.
What' it do?

Week 4 Mag.

IP: CF18 266B

Hey, I want to welcome all of you to
The K.Stubbs Mag Volume 3

Once again, i want to thank all of you for showing last week. Off the top of the head, i believe we only had 2 no shows. Steady improvement, I Like it. Overall most of the battles went pretty smooth last week, not many problems at all. 1 big thing though is still voting, not as much the casting of the votes, but the reasoning behind the votes. I don't want individuals here, to think this league's voters aren't basing their votes correctly. Which means basically voting for the better rhyme, rather then deeper wordplay, I'm sure some... if not all of you understand what i'm saying. This league has yet to meet its highest potential, even though week after week we are constantly gaining more promise in battlers then any other league on rv. Every battle, IF every individual drops @ least half descent. Then every one of those match ups could be dope. Another thing, it is week 5 people. Which means alot of things take place next week, If you feel like you might not be able to show. PLEASE pm me or post it in your battle thread. Because as of next week, you WILL be getting booted, no matter who you are. Also, The individuals that have failed miserably to show potential will also be getting the boot. The voting requirment will take effect as well. Lets bring it out, i want to see some dope lines this week.

Week 4 Review

Big Picture 2-1 .vs. Jay-Brook 2-1

This battle was probably the most understood battle of last week. Big's first punch actually had some pretty damn good wordplay. The concept of the line was ok in the set up, but could have been followed through with a better finisher. I think with some punctuation lessons, Big shows some of the biggest potential in the league. Both of jay's punches still weren't his best. simple concepts, that with his wording could be dope...but his failure to use proper punctuation as well, cost him the W' here. Big Wins.

TonyTone 3-0 .vs. kid sick 0-0

What i thought would be a good match up. Failed miserably, in the end of this one. Tony pulled off a victorious win against kid. After having to restart the thread. Tony dropped somewhat of a clever line. Not sure how played the concept was. But in my opinion was worded good, 2nd bar wasn't as impressive, simple but ok. Kid's wording is definately the only thing that killed him here, bad punctuation as well. def. see potential though.

FlowIntelligent 3-0 .vs. -Coop- 1-0

One of the best battles of the week. Both individuals dropped witty, and came consistent. Both of flow's bars were fresh concepts, that were even worded pretty good, but coops power to flip as well as using the feed method caught him another win here. Good job, here guys!

Brandon Cielasek 2-1 .vs. Lay Fear 2-1

Brandon came ok, had his wording down pat with both bars here. Total concept of each line was also ok as well. Where as, lay fear came with good concepts just failing to word them properly. Wound up being a one sided match up here, and Brandon walks away with it.

Rival. 2-1 .vs. Jonathon 2-1

Should have been a good battle here, however Rival failed to show on this one, and Jonathon recieved the no show win.

bobericc lyrics 0-2 .vs. Sheist 1-0

^Yay!. bobby showed here, wasn't all that witty. simple concepts, but i guess sometimes ones that can go along way. Sheist tried to match it up, but failed completely Bob pulls the win here, and Sheist gets the loss

Showcase 3-0.vs. top C krit. 0-0

Top definately showed some type of potential here, showed some wittyness, but couldn't pull it off completly. both bars lacked in proper wording. Where as, Showcase dominated by executing both of his bars with good wordplay.
Overall not a totally bad battle. But Show walks with this one.

Zelph 3-0 .vs. Thoth 3-0

Definately could have been a good battle here, however Zelph declines thoths wish for an extension and pulls the Win here.

K.Stubbs 1-2 .vs. Aphillyate 0-0

I definately tried to come witty here, I pretty much just got personal with him. Used a some what fresh concept, then came weak with my 2nd bar. Aphillyate failed to puncuate properly, as well as execute the wording in all of his lines. I caught the win here. Good battle A'

Popcorn. 1-2 .vs. Cocaine 0-0

Could have, should have, would have been a good battle had cocaine showed.
Pop strutted away with the no show win here.

K.ontroverz.Y 1-0 .vs. DaTrusHurts 2-1

Potential to be a dope matchup wound up being a lil one sided. Kontroversy failed to come fresh here, and his played concepts got em the loss here. Both bars were simple, but with the right wording (which you can do) could have been much better. DaTrus, once again just droppin enough into his lines, he caught another win.

Jonny Hustle 1-1 .vs. Defined 0-1

Boo, jonny Make sure to show me something better this week.

Top 5 Punches

Number 1.
Coop vs. FlowIntelligent

Quote:
Your Flow needs a breath of fresh air. Till then? You should hush, hater
Cuz all the girls will Scope ya now... and recommend you to brush later

Number 2.
DaTrusHurts vs. Kontroversy

Quote:
I can't advance?! I CHAMPED THE FUCKIN LEAGUE u dumb dude
U got so much trouble gettin' facts straight, they wanted to seduce you

Number 3.
FlowIntelligent vs. Coop

Quote:
Co-Op you aint touching thrones, So dont even gawk at mine
Cuz im the man ya whore'a scope ... And i aint talking signs

Number 4.
Popcorn vs. Cocaine

Quote:
i'll clap back at it, you couldn't shock if you had static
b/c the only people feelin Cocaine lines...are CRACK ADDICTS

Number 5.
K.Stubbs vs. Aphillyate

Quote:
3's a crowd, so why aphillyate with one so soft witted
And waste cleverness on a punch.....just to watch him sig it

^seriously couldn't find another descent punch. Not many this week, this was actually pretty hard to choose. Some witty attempts but nothing fell top 5 worthy in my opinion except a couple. Better drops equal better outcome.

Nominations

Most Improvement From Week 3 to Week 4

FlowIntelligent

Least Improvement From Week 3 to Week 4

Sheist

Voter Of The Week

kid sick. (Win Added To Record)

Predictions Winner

No one got it again. Closest person Brandon

Week 5 Predictions

Week 5: Ancel 0-0 .vs. Jay-Brook 2-2
Week 5: Femme de Dieu 0-0 .vs. K.ontroverz.Y 1-1
Week 5: Big Picture 3-1 .vs. Aphillyate 0-1
Week 5: TonyTone 4-0 .vs. DaTrusHurts 4-0
Week 5: kid sick 0-1 .vs. bobericc lyrics 1-2
Week 5: FlowIntelligent 3-1 .vs. top C krit. 0-1
Week 5: -Coop- 2-0 .vs. Thoth 3-1
Week 5: Brandon Cielasek 3-1 .vs. Sheist 1-1
Week 5: Lay Fear 2-2 .vs. Rival 2-2
Week 5: Jonathon 3-1 .vs. Zelph 3-1
Week 5: Showcase 4-0 .vs. Jonny Hustle 1-2
Week 5: K.Stubbs 2-2 .vs. Popcorn. 2-2

Outro

Don't sleep on this mag. I want comments. Lol, everyone get out there and kick ass this week. Try your best.

Last edited by K.Stubbs : 05-06-07 at 08:51 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Civil. Send a message via MSN to Civil.   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 11:25 AM   #2
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: 2AC9 5FB1

nice mag tho ur retarded for predictin' against me if u knew me and tony's past, lol
Old 05-06-07, 11:26 AM   #3
§howcase
Light Weight

IP: C7CB DBFB

Pop's cocain line is played even as a nameplay...

Where am I in top punches...smh
Old 05-06-07, 11:27 AM   #4
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

Yea, unfortunately stubbs hasn't seen enough verses and been doing this consistently long enough to really know whats played and whats not. #3 was played too
Old 05-06-07, 11:31 AM   #5
§howcase
Light Weight

^^ Word, didn't even read number three....smh, oh well....good effort on the mag Stubbs...
Old 05-06-07, 11:41 AM   #6
Civil.
What' it do?

IP: 88C5 581D

booooooooo.

Lol, there wasn't much to choose from. Show your punches are usually in the top 5. Just didn't feel like you dropped that good this week. no hate, s'all good though. Don't sleep on popcorn though, he show's potential.

Last edited by K.Stubbs : 05-06-07 at 11:48 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Civil. Send a message via MSN to Civil.   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 11:52 AM   #7
§howcase
Light Weight

^^ I wouldn't care if those 2 really deserved to be there, but oh well....your call....it's like another Kempo thing :P
Old 05-06-07, 12:01 PM   #8
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

yea i feel u, pickin' the best of the worst is hard... i often have to do it in the gba. If there ain't 5 worthy punches tho, u ain't have to choose 5, just do 2 or 3
Old 05-06-07, 12:22 PM   #9
Civil.
What' it do?

agreed.
Old 05-06-07, 01:33 PM   #10
kid sick
New to RV

IP: 0DF6 B9A1

Dope mag, and YAY at voter of the week
Send a message via AIM to kid sick   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 02:47 PM   #11
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

IP: E979 6945

Big Picture 2-1 .vs. Jay-Brook 2-1

This battle was probably the most understood battle of last week. Big's first punch actually had some pretty damn good wordplay. The concept of the line was ok in the set up, but could have been followed through with a better finisher. I think with some punctuation lessons, Big shows some of the biggest potential in the league. Both of jay's punches still weren't his best. simple concepts, that with his wording could be dope...but his failure to use proper punctuation as well, cost him the W' here. Big Wins.
^^
punctuation... not to get all bitchy, but your fuckin retarded, punctuation isn't anything that would be taken into consideration when reading a fuckin punch. if u mean punctuation like putting " " around my wordplay, i want to slap u in the face. either way u need to read more battle before u have any right to pass judgement on anyones punches. how long u been doin text? cuz u def aint got the shit down yet and need to quit actin like u have.- and yes this is dericted towards u stubbs

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 02:54 PM   #12
TonyTone
Fuck Parents

IP: 389D 481A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrusHurtz
nice mag tho ur retarded for predictin' against me if u knew me and tony's past, lol

lmao yea o and you lol

....for life
Send a message via AIM to TonyTone   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 03:23 PM   #13
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

IP: E979 6945

that was a dope ass line u just dropped 4 sure^^

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 04:31 PM   #14
Civil.
What' it do?

Tha fuck Big, don't even go runnin your mouth man. Thats un called for.
Why the hell would i be telling you to put '' '' inbetween your wordplay
thats absolutely herbish. I mean actually usings commas, periods. puncuation
is actually one of the most important things in some cases. Its easier to
understand not only what your tryin to say, but HOW your tryin to say it.
Puncuation consists of a lot. And if you worded your lines better, possibly
listen to what the fuck i'm saying then maybe half of these dudes in the league
wouldn't have mis interpreted your bar last week.
Old 05-07-07, 12:18 PM   #15
Jonny Hustle
New to RV

IP: E222 6FE3

I promise to show this week, but after this I'm out. My weddings next weekend so I def. won't have time...