RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-05, 10:22 PM   #1
Macreep
T&T

Big Pun-Capital Punishment

IP: F59D 0081

Intro-a comedy part which is some kids talking about how Big Pun is better than SPiderman/TErminator/and some others.A very forgettable skit.

Beware-DAAAAAAAMN.This is a classical song.Pun shows of his amazing lyrical ability here.It's a song speakin about how Pun would fuck you up and don't screw arounf with him.Produced by Julu of the Beatnuts.A raw beat.Hardcore rap at it's best right here.

qouteables
"Flawless victory you niggaz can't do shit to me
Physically lyrically hypothetically realistically"
"Don't fuck around and catch a rude awakenin'
My crew's basically waitin' patiently for you to move your patrons in"

Super Lyrical-A more of a softer type of song.Features Black thought of the roots.Produced by Rockwilder.Lyrics good as always from Pun.AT the end..it has this very annoying sample where a lady sreams "YOU CAN'T WIN!!!","IT'S SUICIDE!!!"A good song nevertheless.

TAster's choice-A very disgusting skit in which Pun is having sex.I skip this one all the time.Just pointless..and we all know Pun get no pussy.

Still not a player-Worst song on the CD.Close to a sell-out.But the chorus is an instant anthem."I'm not a player..I just fuck a lot".Lyrics OK....but not as good as others before.But then again...this is the single that blew Pun up.

Intermission-Waste of time.Just a superhero beat which I don't know why it is here.

The Dream Shatter-DOPE.Produced by domingo.Lyrics are str8 fire.Pun's delivery sucked at starting.But once he got in it..it was all good.WOrdplay was great here.

Quoteables
"Ay-yo I shatter dreams like Jordan, assault and batter your team
Your squadron'll be barred from rap like Adam & Eve from the garden"

Punish me-Features Miss Jones.It's a verrrrry soft song.The chorus goes..."come back,come back,come back to meeeeeee.Punisher.Punishhhh meeee"
Pun raps about how he met a girl and fell in love with her.And how being a father is important.Not one of my favorite songs.Pun's not so hot when rapping slow.

PAkimanic 1-Pointless skit like all the others.Pun kills some people

You ain't a killer-Same type of song as "Dream shatterer" was,...except with different lyrics and beat.But it's the same message.Produced by Yung Lord(also made beat for "It so HArd').Good song

Pakimanic 2-you guessed it...a bullshit skit....Pun talking to someone saying "packing a mac in the back of the act"

Carribean Connection-A reggae type of song.Features WYclef Jean.A dope beat.But wycef stepped his game up(or Pun ghostwrit)...as his verse was really good.

Glamour Life-Featuring Fat Joe, Cuban Link, Triple Seis & Armageddon.Pun's verse is the only one standing out.But overall....a dope song.Beat was good...and so was the hook and shit.

Capital Punishment-By now...the songs get repitive as they all are the same.Pun is like...saying the same shit in all the songs.Beat is good though.

Uncencored-STupuid skit with Funk Master Flex

I'm not a player-OK verse....good verses and shit.MAybe the same as the other one.

Twinz-Featuresd Fat Joe.meh....same as the others.A vintage track.Not the best...not the worst on the album.But still...repitition....Pun sayin the same shit

The RAin and sun-Best skit.Some guy singing and pun come in and sing with him

You came up-DOPE.celebrating Pun's upbringing in the game.Features Nore who drops an OK verse.

Tres Leches-Aside from Beware....this is the best song on the album.Features Prodigy and Inspectah deck.Prodigy outshines Pun a bit here.Beat was raw.HAs the "Remember Me" concept.

Charlie Rock Shout-bullshit skit.

Fast MOney-kinda like the song "heist" by Big L.Except Pun uses more complexity.A good storytelling track.

PArental Descrition-FEatures Busta Rhymes in the hook.Beat is good.A nice way to close the album with some OK verses by PUN.

OVERALL
Not a classic.Overrated due to the fact Pun died.But no doubt...if he was still alive..he would have surpassed this.He was an extremely talented emcee..who every real hip-hop fan will sorely miss.This is one of those "bitches,violence,and money albums".SOme tracks all say the same thing.."don't fuck with me..I get bitches..I can kill you..I have money".That one big problem with this album.But a good album.A must have for every hip-hop fans.Whether you like the 50 cent music that you can ride/vibe/and dance to...or you like the Canibus str8 lyrics.This album is for you.

Last edited by Macreep : 07-31-05 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-30-05, 11:31 PM   #2
%%%%
Middle Weight

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F59D 0081

classic album....no doubt......good review.
Old 07-31-05, 07:26 AM   #3
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: 38B5 0CC0

yer man this is a str8 classic. gud review aswell, props for that. super lyrical & glamour life are tite