RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-04, 01:43 PM   #1
L.I.
Miss Me?

Text Record: 61-14
2 Pac - Loyal To The Game (The Real Review)

IP: 08CF 169D

Track Listing
1. Soldier Like Me (Return Of The Soulja)
2. Uppercut
3. Out On Bail
4. Ghetto Gospel
5. Black Cotton
6. Loyal To The Game
7. Thugs Get Lonely Too
8. N.I.G.G.A (Never Ignorant About Getting Goals Accomplished)
9. Who Do You Love?
10. Crooked Nigga Too
11. Don't You Trust Me?
12. Hennessey
13. Thug 4 Life
14. Po Nigga Blues (Scott Storch Remix)
15. Hennessey (Red Spyda Remix)
16. Crooked Nigga Too (Raphael Saadiq Remix)
17. Loyal To The Game (DJ Quik Remix)

Soldier Like Me (Return Of The Soulja)
Length - 3:50
Rating - 5/10

As the Opening track the beat is alright. Nothing too amazing about the beat that gets you hyped. Tupac's spit is decent. This track doesn't impress too much. Eminem is on the hook and its a little bit upbeat. But still didnt help the track much. Just an average track, beat, and everything.

Uppercut
Length - 3:48
Rating - 8/10

The beat is much better than the first track. Start's off with a clip of Pac talking as most of his recent tracks do. His first verse is good. The hook is Pac and its a dope hook in my eyes.. or ears lol. The second spit is hot. Third spit features someone from the Outlawz (Don't know his name) but it's a good spit. This track lives up too some expectations by me and make's me more interested in the songs following.

Out On Bail
Length - 3:54
Rating - 8/10

Pac come's in basically living out the title of the track. The beat is up tempo and is good. Pac has a hot first verse. Flow is nice. Hook is alright. Same thing with the second spit. Basically this track is tight.

Ghetto Gospel
Length - 3:45
Rating - 10/10

Probably my favorite track on the album. There are two versions of this song. One with Akon and one with Elton John. I prefer the Akon one. Seems to fit the beat better. Anyways, the beat is fire. The spits are fire. The hook is fire. The track is fire. This track is probably one of my favorite's by Tupac. It's that good

Black Cotton
Length - 5:03
Rating - 7/10

The beat is an Eminem style beat. What more do you expect when he produced the album. But yeah the beat really sounds like Em's normal shit. Tupac spits his first verse with nice emotion and a good flow. Lyrics are nice. The hook has Eminem on it and is good. Second verse is by Kastro. Decent spit. The final verse is by Young Noble of the Outlawz. A short spit, it's alright.

Loyal To The Game
Length - 3:23
Rating - 9/10

Beat is hot. Pac's spit is dope. 50 Cent is on the hook. It's a decent hook. Young Buck come's in wit the second verse. Hot verse. Lloyd Banks is on the next spit and he has a decent verse. Basically Tupac and G Unit is a hot collab. A nice track here.

Thugz Get Lonely Too
Length - 4:47
Rating - 8/10

Beat is nice. Pac comes in with a good verse. Nate Dogg is on he hook and he tears it up. Second and third verses are by Pac too. They aint amazing but they are good. Pretty good track. Nate Dogg made it better with the hook.

N.I.G.G.A (Never Ignorant About Getting Goals Accomplished)
Length - 3:02
Rating - 5/10

By this time the Eminem type beats are getting old. So when the beat comes in your kinda bored. Pac is decent int he frist verse. Hook is blah. Not really existent. Jadakiss comes in for the next spit and helps the rating of the track. But if the beat was better then this track could be nice. Getting bored with these beats though.

Who Do You Love?
Length - 3:28
Rating - 6/10

Up tempo beat and it's good. Pac comes in with a hot spit. Hook is repetitive like classic Pac tracks. It's okay I guess. Second spit is good. Then thats the song. There's like 40 open seconds at the end for another verse?

A Crooked Nigga Too
Length - 2:55
Rating - 10/10

Beat is gangstuh. Foreal. Pac comes in with a Bone Thugs type of speed flow but you can understand him. First spit is dope. Hook is hot. Second spit is Tupac again and he is steady killing it. Third verse is hot. Seem's like the sped up his spits in this. Hot track though.

Don't You Trust Me
Length - 4:55
Rating - 9/10

Come's in with the hook by (what sound's like) that girl who sing on Stan by Eminem. But I'm not sure. The beat is slower for a more serious type of song. The first spit is good. The hook is nice. Second spit is hot. And Pac still kills it with the third verse. This track is hot. Definantly a chill song so relfect on with.

Hennessey
Length - 3:27
Rating - 8/10

Nice beat. Pac come in with a dope spit. And the hook is nice. This song features Obie Trice. And it's crazy how Tupac acknowledges him in the song . Obie has a nice second spit. This song is pretty good.

Thug 4 Life
Length - 3:04
Rating - 8/10

Sounds like an Arab type beat. But its pretty hot. Tupac comes in with a fire verse. Flow is insane. Hook is nice. Second spit is another good spit. I felt the beat helped this song out.

Po Nigga Blues (Scott Storch Remix)
Length - 3:39
Rating - 8/10

Sort of Thugz Mansion (Acuoistic Version) type beat. But its good for a serious song. First spiut by Pac is good. Hook is alright. Second spit is nice. Pretty good track.

Hennessey (Red Spyda Remix)
Length - 3:18
Rating - 5/10

Pretty much the same as the first Hennessey but a dif beat and no Obie. Edi and Sleepy Brown are on it. They come alright. I prefer the original.

Crooked Nigga Too (Raphael Saadiq Remix)
Length - 4:03
Rating - 7/10

This is alright. I still prefer the original because it's a better beat and more of a Tupac track. The hook on this track is decent. The first and second spits by Pac are good. Still feeling the Original.

Loyal To The Game (DJ Quik Remix)
Length - 4:20
Rating - 5/10

This beat is sooooo boring. First spit is decent but this beat killed the track. The original song was so much better including the spits. Pretty much the remixes on this CD coulda been left out.

Overall Album Rating - 8/10

Crhyme Sindicate
Send a message via AIM to L.I.   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-04, 01:45 PM   #2
Mask Murderous
Straight Hustla.

IP: F8E7 395A

I thought this album was hot, I've had it for a while.. and a CROOKED NIGGA TOO.. gets you hype..

I hate the way they portrait that pac is still alive the way he says, G-UNIT muhthuggas.. and "big baller name trice"...

THUG LIFE, BITCH!
Old 12-12-04, 08:33 AM   #3
-RKS-
5/27/83 A CHAMP WAS BORN

IP: F751 2D88

album is pretty dope my favourite tracks off it are Ghetto Gospel
and loyal to the game uppercut is pretty nice to its worth a peep
Old 12-16-04, 01:40 PM   #4
SR$
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-2
IP: 964F D870

yeah, dis shit is definately worth a listen to. dont sleep on this one...
i believe that tha whole CD is hot (besides tha remixes) but im a lil spooked cuz they got Pac on there sayin some recent shit like "2005" and certain rappers names, but its all still good.

"NIGGA IM LOYAL 2 THA GAME!!!"
Old 12-17-04, 04:50 PM   #5
parasite
Banned: Spamming

Text Record: 1-4
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D1E3 340C

the album is pretty tight. 9/10
Old 12-17-04, 07:56 PM   #6
Die Hard
cold cold, keep shaking

Text Record: 3-0
IP: C256 09C0

yea... I thought it was pretty good as well.. By far, my favorite tracks were Soldier Like Me, and Thugs Get Lonely Too.....
Old 01-01-05, 08:30 PM   #7
L.I.
Miss Me?

Text Record: 61-14
IP: 08CF 169D

yeah this album sucks =\

Crhyme Sindicate
Send a message via AIM to L.I.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-05, 09:28 PM   #8
..ADLIB..
Better than you..

IP: B587 18C9

im looking forward to getting this album. good review also l.i

Spit it from the heart, spit a thousand darts, split ya head apart…
Emcees depart, like rubin carter my hurricane left u scarred…
Like a spiked bat grammatical bar, like a wonderland drug…
Tumble - ing like a flagon of rum and 2 blunts, like the funk baby…
Send a message via AIM to ..ADLIB.. Send a message via MSN to ..ADLIB..   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-05, 11:07 PM   #9
Parallel
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 8-4
IP: 5043 32F4

i head this last night shit its so tight....the best album in awhile...shit!!!...9.6/10 overall..

my fav song on the album is prob...Po "N" Blues...
sry about my french...i dont mean to say that shit...but its my fav track

Last edited by final : 03-20-05 at 07:35 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Parallel Send a message via MSN to Parallel   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-05, 10:14 AM   #10
50hater_killer
Knock out kings fur life

IP: EE9E 78E3

dam the album is iight but hell when I was playing it last night it started skippen so guess i have to fight for lookin for it, it is so hard to find in this state but I will manage but I love it!
Old 01-02-05, 04:45 PM   #11
Denied Truth
Still Spectacular, Yes!

Text Record: 5-6
Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 13B0 58B1

LoL..hey L.I its ya girl YoungStar* whas good mayne!! still po pimpin??!! keep doin ya thing..nice review...

Jus Incredible Lyrics

-What God Has For Me..Is Meant For Me.

II COR. 12:9
And He Said To Me, "My Grace Is Sufficient For You, For My Strength Is Made Perfect In Weakness." Therefore, I Will Rather Most Gladly Boast In My Infirmities, So That The Power Of God May Rest Upon Me.
Send a message via AIM to Denied Truth Send a message via MSN to Denied Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Denied Truth   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-05, 02:31 PM   #12
ill game
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-2
IP: 042D 7583

best pac cd and one of the best cd's i have eva heard fav song would be w.e song it is with the smoke rising from the barrel of my shotty i finnally got revenge now count the bodys line i think it is soldier like me
Send a message via AIM to ill game   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-05, 03:30 PM   #13
Adrenaline
unknown legend...

Text Record: 7-13
IP: 0F40 8178

yo I heard some tracks on it and ghetto gospel is my favourite out of what I heard...nice track and nice review yo...
Old 01-05-05, 09:26 PM   #14
MC IgGY
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 3-2
IP: 8A1A D0A3

yea i like ghetto gospel too
Send a message via AIM to MC IgGY   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 04:40 PM   #15
Kilo704
tha tightest thang in RV since Hang-man's rope*cough pussy hole*

Text Record: 4-2
IP: AE25 BB81

Quote:
best pac cd and one of the best cd's i have eva heard fav song would be w.e song it is with the smoke rising from the barrel of my shotty i finnally got revenge now count the bodys line i think it is soldier like me

^^ neva dat. best pac album eva = all eyez on me n tha next best is 7day theory this 1's probly like tied at numba 3 wit until tha end of time tho

All Out Warfare open mic
me vs. magical