RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-04, 11:16 PM   #1
JRoy
I'm Back HOEBAG

Better Sound Quality

IP: 44C6 DA5F

I got CEP 2.0 and i have a 100$ mic and a nice flow and two songs needing to be mixed by myself...and i need better sound quality but i dont know how to do it!! CAN SOME ONE PLZ HELP!!!! I mean i want my stuff to sound like DI GAME's Stuff you know

^^Kids Are Stupid On The Internet Like This...lol

My Alias Names
--------------
ub2ez
Infector Mindz
Natural Instincts
JRoy
Past Tense
Old 09-14-04, 12:55 PM   #2
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 7F3B 517D

It's gonna take a little while for you to get the hang of things in Cool Edit. You have to play around with some stuff to really figure out what will make your shit sound better because everyone has different things that they use to make their quality soar. I'm actually still learning about a few things, but I know a lot and what I can tell you is the same exact things that evryone told me when I started.....read a tutorial or two and get some practice. If you need help with anything specifically in Cool Edit, let me know

http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=101638
http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=89466

These are two that I personally used to help me out. The first is the Alcatrakz Process....alway a good read for anyone. And the second is Good Sounding Quality With A Cheap Mic.....you probably won't need this too much since your mic cost $90 more than mine....lol. You can always find more at this next link too......now get to practicing

http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=86564

Last edited by enygma : 09-14-04 at 01:01 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Enygma Send a message via MSN to Enygma Send a message via Yahoo to Enygma   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-04, 04:22 PM   #3
dren
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ED9F 61C9

do you have a descent sound card? if you have a $100 dollar mic then i'm sure it is a condensor mic and that it is being run into a mixer or pre amp before it runs into your computer.

then...

make sure your volume levels are all adjusted correctly. make sure your volume isn't clipping. once you get all of these settings done correctly, you should have much better sound quality. also make sure you are using a pop filter. when you record it should sound really good with all of that done. then you can mess with the few knobs on your mixer (if it has them) to adjust the EQ to make ya voice sound a lil better.
Old 09-14-04, 05:30 PM   #4
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D979 BFDC

i got a lil tip.......highlight the wave.......go to filters....then use parametic equalizer or its called somethin like dat......then go to hum and hiss....it will take that out....try it

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-04, 07:30 PM   #5
JRoy
I'm Back HOEBAG

IP: 48BE E3B7

aah man thanks for the help....now ma stuff will actuall sound hot!!! YEAUH!!! lol my quality b 4 sounded like shit till well i started to get a hang of the shitz last night....but yea this'll make it even betta

^^Kids Are Stupid On The Internet Like This...lol

My Alias Names
--------------
ub2ez
Infector Mindz
Natural Instincts
JRoy
Past Tense