RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-06, 02:20 AM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Deficient Personality?

IP:

Usually with children, their parents raise them and pass their values, beliefs, ideals, opinions, behaviour etc onto them. The child's personality is then made up of a combination of nature, nurture, and exposure... probably in a 1:1:1 ratio.

Parents should be a large part of your life, and then when you get older the adult-child relationship should change to an adult-adult relationship. Love should be experienced in childhood and adulthood between children and parents. Many walks of life should be experienced primarily in that relationship.

Thats how things usually happen.

But I was thinking about this the other day... What about me? I wasnt very close to my parents, so my personality is missing the nurture part. For me, values, ideals, opinions, behaviour etc were created from just nature and exposure. So the innate traits I have in my DNA combined with everything I have been exposed to is what makes me me. Which draws me to conclude that I am missing an integral part of my being, and have a deficient personality.

I dont quite know what this actually means for me... But I have noticed that I think differently and behave differently to most people, and I find it hard to trust people in general. Since two thirds of my input was exposure, my sense of humor and thought processes and shit matured quite early... But without parental guidance and input, a lot of my life skills (communication, morality, priorities, social skills) are underdeveloped or abnormal.

so wtf are people like me supposed to do about what we missed out on and shit? -_-

Its pretty fucked.