RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-05, 05:05 PM   #1
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
"You Can't See Me" by John Cena

IP: 606D F99A

-This is an LFS Review-

Yo yo yo yo yo yo ...if you recognise that long string of 'yo's then you know....John Cena, so its approriate that SOMEONE reviews his album...that being me lol...let's GO!

1. The Time is Now

First off the beat is sick. Love the horns and the hook plays to it nicely. I feel that this song would hae been better farther in the CD because I see the 1st track as an indication of how the album is and it is decent. John Cena had a few nice bars but Trademarc's flow took this track, though his lyrics were only decent and pretty basic. This song how I see it is a "coming out", basically stating that John Cena is for real in rap. I give this 7 Cupcakes.

2. Don't Wanna Fuck With Us

This beat is INSANE. I like it but can see how it could get a tad annoying. Cena came hard this and it's a hot verse....it's hard hearing his stay 'fuck' and 'shit' though lol...The hook is...wack lol, but the verses more than make up for it. This is showing Cena isn't a "novelty" raper for say, but can rap with the trends. I give it 8 Cupcakes. Both guy's second verses were better than there first, but overall its a grest track.

3. Flow Easy

I hate this beat. Ahh now that that's out the way, Bumpy Knuckles is nice, I like his meta's and he adds a lot to this track. The hook is decent on this, but fuck hooks lol. Trademarc is sick on this track, on of my favorite verses by him. He used hot meta's and multis. Cena was decent on this, used a lot of fillers and paused a lot but his lyrics were decent. Overall this was a showcase of Bumpy and Trademarc I fee, cuz Cena didn't come hard enough to get in it lol. I give it 8 Cupcakes.

4. Right Now

Now THIS beat...is sick. Sounds like somethin Kanye would do. Hell *I* would spit on this beat easily lol, it's perect for emotional shit, I got love songs and shit for this...oh wait back to the review lol. Cena had a lot of emotion in the first verse, you could tell he was happy when he recorded, hell he probably was smiling while spittin lol. Trademarc kinda drawled his words a little in the st verse, the second was better with his articulation but his lyrics were thorough throughout. Cena's second verse seemed like a LONG shoutout lol. I give it 9 Cupcakes.

5. Make it Loud

This is something he would spit at a show, if you watch wrestling you know this already lol. In fact the intro was from an actual show...I was there lol. The beat is bad but is likeable after time lol. Cena was sick on this...nice verse from him...one of his best...he had fun with this one. Trademarc on the other hand started slow...and ended....slow...wasant impressed. Cena then CAME BACK and riped shit...then Trademarc came back back...and fucked it up lol. I give it 8 Cupcakes.

6. Just Another Day

Nice flowing beat, I liked it. Nice story told by Cena and Trademarc, Cena being rich and Trademarc poor. Last verse was funny, nice analogies byt bth. Overall a good track. I give it 8 Cupcakes.

7. Summer Flings

Nice beat. But I didn't like the song. The lyrics were good but it was just boring to me. I didn't really listen to it cuz it hurt...I don't know the lyrics were decent but I didn't like it lol. I give it 5 Cupcakes.

8. Keep Frontin

MY FAVORITE TRACK ON THIS ALBUM! Words con't describe how I feel about this track. I give it 10 Cupcakes easily. Bumpy's verse had ill flow, nice wordplay and clever. Cena was perfecton in my opinino. Trademarc had a HUGE impact on this...nice thoughts and metas and shit lol.

9. We didn't want you to know

The beat....is......sick. Period. Trademarc took this track in terms of wordply.."When I said every rapper sucks I was bein optimistic" I LOVE that line. "I lay you down like you sleep at night" that one too. Cena came raw in the last verse...Trade...same. I give it 9 Cupcakes.

10. Bad Bad Man

I hate tis song. 2 Cupcakes

11. Running Game

Decent beat. NIce track by both. Seems like they ran outta topics to write on but this has some nice lyrics. Cena had some nice met'as and so did Trademarc. I give it 7 Cupcakes.

12. Beantown

Nice beat. Nice city reppin track, he is the best mainstream from there...I mean he would rip Benzino lol. Nice shit from Esoteric...overall nice track...I give it 7 Cupcakes.

13. This is How We Roll

Nice beat. Nice Track. Nice. 8 Cupcakes.

14. What Now

Nice beat. Trade had an ill first verse, Cena was a good follow to it. Overall it was good but nothing really stuck out to me, seemed like bland talent like albino Oscar winner lol.

15. What The Rep

I like the beat....a lot. This is a fire ass track. Bumpy seems to bring up Cena and Trade on his tracks cuz those are the best on the album lol...Cena and Trade came wit the usual hotness and this one track shows that Cena and Trade can legitimately rap. Period. 10 Cupcakes.

16. Chaingang is The Click

MY FAVORITE TRACK (besides Keep Frontin lol). FIRE ASS BEAT! This is the track I was looking for, something hard wit sick multis and flow. "Yall deli meating beef, nuttin but bologna foes." ILL line. This is a nice track to remix (which I will lol) 10 Cupcakes.

17. If It All Ended Tomorrow

It seems the last two tracks are the best on the album lol. Nice ass beat. Sick emotions. You just gotta hear it man. Can't desribe these things. 9 Cupcakes.

Overall: THIS IS A GOOD ALBUM! Don't get turned off cuz he's a wrestler, he has skills. BUY THIS! or at least download it lol....8 Cupcakes on the album

Last edited by L.F.S. : 05-20-05 at 07:22 PM.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 05:07 PM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 477B D81A

^^^ what the fuck is that!!!

you've missed off like 4 tracks!!!
Old 05-18-05, 05:25 PM   #3
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

yea i fixed it lol...got cut off when I copied and pasted
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 05:37 PM   #4
Big City
Metropolis

IP: B52C 6258

who the hell is John Cena??

Old 05-18-05, 07:32 PM   #5
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 477B D81A

WERD!!! that chain gang is the click song is sick

i still think the hook for it was kinda retarded

but seriously Cena's cousin Trademarc is fuckin dope!!!!
Old 05-19-05, 12:43 PM   #6
EsKalayde
this time, lets just pretend ur as good as me...

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 0F40 8178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big City
who the hell is John Cena??

John Cena's the wrestling dude...I have to hear the album for myself too...it sounds good...
ankle, torn ligaments in my ankle, cracked my head open numerous times,
gashed my legs, arms, and fingers severly.....all from skateboarding or
riding dirtbikes.

DAYUM!!.....................DAMN!!................ .........did I say damn?

im just that gangsta...
Old 05-20-05, 06:00 PM   #7
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

yea Cena is a wrestler...I'm feelin that Right NOw....may remix it....
Old 05-20-05, 07:00 PM   #8
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

"When I said every rapper sucked I was bein optimistic"

I LOVE THAT LINE! UPPIN!

Last edited by L.F.S. : 05-20-05 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-25-05, 10:35 AM   #9
Fumin
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-1
IP: B25F 477A

Who is John Cena? Has he got a stage name?
Old 05-26-05, 10:43 AM   #10
Ma$fit
Cus I Jus Ma$fit Dis Shit

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 964F D870

i peeped sum tracks...they iight...dat chain gang shit is dope...real talk

Ma$fit
Send a message via AIM to Ma$fit   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 12:24 PM   #11
Ice Pick
GoD LiKe

Text Record: 68-10
IP: 72D1 C1E0

Dude is sick

Im from the bean and he is nice
Old 05-27-05, 11:08 AM   #12
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

i only heard the first track off of here, seems to me that he's aight, nothin amazing, seems like he kinda copies the rimescheme of vinnie paz.... at least to me. even got tha same kinda beat, his lyrics are kinda basic too... but all in all i guess this was aight for a wrestler... even his hoarseness in his voice he tries to be like paz. needs his own style

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 12:30 PM   #13
Ice Pick
GoD LiKe

Text Record: 68-10
IP: 03DA DBC4

Thats the way he talks

Vinnie paz has same beats sound then again most of boston rappers have the same sound

But he has his own style

SORRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by the omen
i only heard the first track off of here, seems to me that he's aight, nothin amazing, seems like he kinda copies the rimescheme of vinnie paz.... at least to me. even got tha same kinda beat, his lyrics are kinda basic too... but all in all i guess this was aight for a wrestler... even his hoarseness in his voice he tries to be like paz. needs his own style
Old 05-27-05, 12:32 PM   #14
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: 38B5 0CC0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the omen

^^^^^^^^^^ avent hurd john cena, but vinnie paz is amazin
Old 05-27-05, 12:57 PM   #15
the omen
tha illest

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3240 794D

But he has his own style

SORRY

^^ well we are all entitled to our own oppinions now aren't we?

[/b]
Send a message via AIM to the omen   Reply With Quote