RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Instrumental releases
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-03, 01:48 PM   #1
Cryptic-Assassin

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
first Beat

IP: DD0C 3C89

i made this using Fruity loops, just looking for some criticism and help on improving my beats

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/m...ctionsmusic.htm
Old 11-04-03, 05:37 PM   #2
BlissK22K

Text Record: 4-3
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: 652F CD09

OK, good start to the beat. The problem is the WHOLE beat sounds like an introduction beat (meaning that it is choppy and stays choppy). I like were this could go but you need to bring in a clap or snare on an even count maybe once or twice per bar of the beat. You can't really rap to this how it is right now. Let the beat run out and flow so it doesen't stay choppy and this beat will be tight. The piano is cool (did you play that or sample it?)

I've only been makin beats for about 5 months so i'm learnin the production side of beats as well. Feedback on my shit and check
"Incidental Contact" i made EVERYTHING, the beat, vocals, mixing from scratch. The beat is looped and is in it's preliminary stage with no breakdowns.

Get Back.............................................. ....................................
Send a message via Yahoo to BlissK22K   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-03, 07:37 PM   #3
A2Z

IP: C1DA C961

its decent, i like the riff in the back, but that snare is to choppy, i tried a fresstyle and the snare fucked it all up...change that to comething else and it will be ten time better
Old 11-07-03, 10:02 PM   #4
Explict
jjkoert

Text Record: 10-12
Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 7EA7 0AC8

that beat aint all that bad try using E-jay its better that that fruity loop crap
Send a message via AIM to Explict   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-03, 12:43 PM   #5
Theo Ginn

IP: 1CCD F9B2

e-jay is way to easy to use to make beats...shits already made for you
Old 11-11-03, 03:06 PM   #6
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

yo, this is for u'r second beat...posted in the wrong thread.
neways.....

First off, don't listen to the advice to use E-Jay. U'll end up makin the same beats that 20,000 other kids have made and learn nuthin bout how to really make beats.

aight, the guitar shit u wrote was good. u used a decent quality sound for it and the arrangment worked. that said, everything else needs work. i kinda understand where u'r trying to go wit the drums, but what u ended up wit is a little too unstructured. drum loops have to have a solid foundation, even if u want to end up wit them a non-traditional arrangment. while playin u'r guitar melody loop count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. place a kick on the odd numbers and a snare on even's. now u should have sumthin u can start noddin ur head too. from here u can add or take out more kicks/snare, and fill it wit high hats. but u should always bea ble to feel that initial flow created by the standard rythm.

all said, keep writin nice melodies n work on ur rythm sections.

pc
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>

Last edited by Phate : 11-11-03 at 03:10 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Phate   Reply With Quote