RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-06, 02:42 PM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Rick Ross-Port Of Miami

IP: 128F 5A3F

1. Intro -Just a News Cast intro. Proper intro...alot of people just make boring intro with nothing to do with anything, but I like this intro, because it brings you into the album. And most of all it brings you into his next song....

2. Push It -Second Single off the album. I like the Al Pacino sample on this. I like the flow of this beat and how he rode the beat. He uses a lot of wordplay in this song. Kinda proves that the South can spit meaningful lyrics. Lyrically nice track, overall nice track. 8/10

3. Blow - Cool N Dre on the beat. I LOVE this beat, and this hook. It goes so well...This song is so nice too. I love is. Rick Ross did the right thing with this beat. Cool N Dre laced him with a nice overall song. Ross with nice beat, same flow as he always uses though, but he switches it up, just a little. This is probably my favorite song on the album. 9/10

4. Hustlin' -Of course ya'll heard this. The first single, the song that put everyone on the Rick Ross hype, and couldn't wait for his album to get hear. Must I say more about this track? But for those that aint knowing, this is a classic hustlin' song. Rick Ross flow in here is the shit, his lyrics in here are some quoatable ones, and overall this song is a blazer! 10/10

5. Cross That Line ft Akon I love this song, Akon gave a nice beat, but I HATE how he uses the same melody for the hook as he gave Obie Trice for Snitch. Same exact shit when you hear the hook. But, still nice, and this song is probably better than snitch...lol...Ross comes with them nice lyrics, switches up his flow and rides the slow beat real well. This is a favorite on the album too. Nice collab, Akon and Ross, nice song. 9.5/10

6. I'm Bad -That intro to this track was mad un-needed. Ight track. Coo hook. Not Ross style, but I like the change up. I like his NEW flow in this one. He had to switch up to this track...lol...finally, I like his lyrics on this, but this track could've been wayy better. 6.5/10

7. Boss - Cool N Dre beat...I love this beat. I love this track. Probably can be his next single. Only because Dre on it. Ross had nice lyrics and nice flow that goes with the song, but Dre hook and his beat made the song. When you listen to this song, all you think about is single material...Not too much to say about it, just don't sleep on this banger.10/10

8. For Da Low Jazze Pha beat. It's ight when the beat comes in. Sounds exactly like T.I.'s The Greatest track that Pha did for T.I. But, still Ross rode the beat with his same ol Ross flow, and made a nice track. Cruising on the freeway music right here. Coo track. 7/10

9. Where My Money (I Need That)- The same person who did Lil Wayne's Money On My Mind beat. You can hella tell. It sounds exactly the same. I don't like Ross's choice of producers. But, this song is ight. Same ol Ross flow. I'm just be loving his wordplay. Ight song, not too much to say about it. 6.5/10

10. Get Away - Rick Ross, Mario Winans- I'm not feeling this beat on this one. I think this isn't Ross style. This track is too smooth and slow at the same time. And he uses the same Flow as always. But, this is a ight track. Prolly skippable in my opinion. 4/10

11. Hit U from the Back - I like the intro for this. I like this song and beat. It's smooth, bed music with yo bitch...lol...nice shit. Finally some gangsta sex shit. Not when Ross comes in though, his flow is just too gangsta..but the hook is..lol..but, overalll this track is nice. Ross has nice lyrics in this and a coo flow. Same ol flow though, good wordplay. 8/10

12. White House -Coo beat, coo track. Nice hook. The hook stays in yo head when you hear this shit. "We In The White House, We In The White House..." crazy! I like this overall track. I like the lyrics on here, I like his style..not too much to say about this one, don't sleep on it thought. 6.5/10

13. Pots and Pans - J Rock, Rick Ross J Rock is a singer..lol..I thought he was a rapper. I aint really feeling this track. He talking just about what you think about when you read the song name. The hook is wack and prolly makes you change the song, but listen to Ross, he calms the song down and comes with a nice verse, I just don't like the topic of this song....it's getting kinda played. But, overall I give this track 6/10

14. It's My Time - Lyfe Jennings, Rick Ross - I like the vocals by Jennings on here. Laid back track. I like his flow on here. Some of the best lyrics on the album. And the beat slump. Nice track, nice topic. Coming up from nothing, now it's his time. Overall...7/10

15. Street Life ft. Lloyd-I don't know, this beat is ight, but I feel it could've been slowed down a lil...Something about it sounds wierd. I think it's the vocals of Lloyd. Ross has a nice verse, some deep reminscing lyrics of his time on the street. Creative wordplay in this song. Song is coo. Cruising music. 5/10

16. Hustlin' [Remix][Mix] - Jay-Z, , Rick Ross, Young Jeezy - Ya'll prolly heard this. Remix to the classic Hustlin' track. They switched up the verses, and re-recorded the track. Same lyrics though, Ross goes first, followed by Jeezy than Jay. Not too much to say, they just made this remix even better than the original. 15/10

17. It Ain't a Problem ft Carol City Cartel-This is a nice beat. Different style. Especially for Ross, he does the hook. Nice flow, nice lyrics. Whole CCC on this one. I like the collab. I like the overall track. Not too much to say about this one, but don't sleep on this one. 8/10

18. I'm a G - Lil Wayne, Rick Ross-DJ Khaled on this beat. Coo typical Miami type beat. This song is ight. I just don't like Lil Wayne's part. He does the hook and it could've been wayy better in my opinion. Rick Ross had a nice verse, Rick Ross never spits 16's for some reason. He does 14's, that's wierd, but his flow is bananas! Lil Wayne's verse prolly could've been better. Mind, I haven't heard it 30 times yet, but that's how I'm feeling at the time. And the nigga in the middle verse, I forget his name, prolly had the best verse. Overall a nice collab, nice beat, nice track, wack hook..6/10

19. Prayer - Ight ender to this track. Nice beat, Ross just asking for forgivness in this track. Praying to the ones that lost their lives. Ight track, nice flow, nice choice of beat, and I like how he rode it out. 7/10

Overall, I'ma provide honest feedback on this track. As much as I want ya'll to go out and buy this album and give Ross some bread back, but this album was hyped up too much. It was anticipated as the best album of the year, but I still feel Lil Wayne holds that, but that's on a different note. This album is ight, don't get me wrong, but after hearing Hustlin', the SMASH single, we're expecting tracks all like that, but that's not what we got. I like how he brought a lot of different aspects to this album and switched up the production. But, I hate how he uses that same flow throughout damn near the whole album...that Holla At Me flow he used..."..Rick Ross (whip that)...Dade County (residence)..." shit like that...But overall, I give this track a 7.5/10 because of his nice lyrics, nice wordplay and he did have a lot of good tracks in there...Maybe I'm overrating it, I dunno. But that's just how I feel at the moment. Most of his tracks are cruising music. Riding on the freeway on a long trip, pop in that Rick Ross cd and cruise. No Hate to Rick Ross, I just think this album was hyped up too much...

Go cop this though, you might like a lil more than I did. I gotta say though, I am disappointed...but it was still ight...I expected it to be THAT SHIT!!
Old 08-10-06, 02:49 PM   #2
Capital B
Internet is so beef...

From: Im in the buildin and im feelin myself. West Coastin....What you Reppin?
Text Record: 5-2
IP: 7F8F 9F8D

Rick ross is garbage....

His CD was over hyped...I got the bootleg...not worth the 10 bucks

and I think hustlin was played out the first week on the radio but a good beat...

nothing to fuss over
[/certified gangtsa]
Send a message via Yahoo to Capital B   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 03:32 PM   #3
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

I disagree...You can't just say someone is garbage..How and why he garbage would be a good statement!

And yes, his cd was over hyphed, but still good!
Old 08-10-06, 09:15 PM   #4
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B8B4 D1AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Eazy
I disagree...You can't just say someone is garbage..How and why he garbage would be a good statement!

And yes, his cd was over hyphed, but still good!

he himself can only say he is garbage because thats his own opinion...my opinion is that hes a smooth, cool rapper

but yea...like m easy said....this cd was over hyped but it still is a good cd..its not anything to go ga ga over....

but yea....if you want it..i'd say download it..thats what i did....
Old 08-10-06, 10:57 PM   #5
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 76B0 6E22

In my opinion, he is probably not the best rapper in Miami. Gotta hold it down for him though cause he is repping my city to the fullest.
I like most othe the beats though but overall I give it a 7/10 for not being very lyrical.

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 11:15 PM   #6
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 76B0 6E22

Holy shit I know that dude Carol City Cartel. I don't know why that bitch got a spot on his album his freestyles were wack as hell.

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 11:22 PM   #7
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

i like pitbull...he is my favorite rapper form southern florida

i am really surprised that pitbull wasn't on this album..
Old 08-11-06, 03:57 AM   #8
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear Kaughn
he himself can only say he is garbage because thats his own opinion...my opinion is that hes a smooth, cool rapper

but yea...like m easy said....this cd was over hyped but it still is a good cd..its not anything to go ga ga over....

but yea....if you want it..i'd say download it..thats what i did....

Yes, it is his opinion, but he has to back up his opinion. He just can't say something or someone is wack. He has to state why or dont state an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
Holy shit I know that dude Carol City Cartel. I don't know why that bitch got a spot on his album his freestyles were wack as hell.

Um...CCC is a group.
Old 08-11-06, 11:30 AM   #9
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Eazy
Yes, it is his opinion, but he has to back up his opinion. He just can't say something or someone is wack. He has to state why or dont state an opinion.

Um...CCC is a group.

true true true.....verdad verdad verdad
Old 08-11-06, 12:03 PM   #10
Wordz AhGod
ROFL @ u niggas since '04

Text Record: 26-11
IP: F1FE FCAA

Pit, Trick, and plies should'd have been on the album but I guess rick just wants to do his own thing. plus the niggas from Carol City, not miami.

Send a message via AIM to Wordz AhGod Send a message via MSN to Wordz AhGod   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 05:59 PM   #11
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

yea...isn't Carol City like a suburb of Miami or something......
Old 08-11-06, 06:33 PM   #12
Wordz AhGod
ROFL @ u niggas since '04

Text Record: 26-11
IP: F1FE FCAA

^ yeah, priity much. South miami is hood as fuck though. You wouldn't even believe that shit dawg.

Send a message via AIM to Wordz AhGod Send a message via MSN to Wordz AhGod   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 06:52 PM   #13
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Miami = Best City in the South