RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-07, 11:04 AM   #1
3rdshift513
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Exclamation Young Buck: Buck The World (3rd-Shift)

IP: 4E33 91E3

what up itz ya boi 3rd-shift back again with another review...this timie its all about my nigga YOUNG BUCK! G-UNIT has been in a record selling slump lately but Buck's album should end that...this shit is crazy...i mean absolutly off the hook...but instead of givin you that waterd down XXL review shit, im gonna break it down track by track for yall....

LISTEN TO IT FREE VIA IMEEM!!!!!!
http://3rdshiftmusic.imeem.com/playlist/vjdaWDSA/

LETS GET IT GOIN!

1. Push em Back (Produced by: Danja)

from the moment you hear buck scream, "its about to go down" i was hooked...the key loop is bangin and the bassline rides nice...bangin beat...(wish i made it) now to the lyrics...buck doesnt yell on this shit...he sets this bitch off for real....nothin TOO lyrical but he really has improved his ability to ride the beat...buck's always real and nothin's different here...real shit...good shit...great way to lead off this album.....3.8/5

2. Say It to My Face ft. Bun-B and 8Ball and MJG (Produced by: The Diaz Brothers)

again the beat out of the gate grabs the shit out you...nice mesh of southern swang and some grimey orchestral shit lol...amazing...buck holds his end on this but bun-b takes the song to new heights...8ball and mjg is aite but 8ball comes harder out of those 2...great collaboration...4/5

3. Buss yo Head (Produced by: The J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)

im a big fan of the justice league, dem niggaz got they shit on lock...they beats is crazy...i can buck is too...this track, buck asserts his thug nicely..."cut off yo bottom lip and send it to you in the mail" grimey....again, im a one man army, an indian w/ no chief...hott line but nothing too lyrical but bangin nonetheless...honestly, it kind of leaves me wantin somethin more than just gangsta shit...it gets repetitive...but HOTT!!! 3.5/5

4. I Ain't Fuckin' Wit You ft. Snoop Dogg and Trick Daddy(Produced by: CINCINNATI'S OWN HI-TEK!!!!)

when you hear the beat, the first thing that came to my mind was skip...lol because the climate of the 1st 3 songs had got me in that mode where i just wanted to hear gangsta shit...but im glad i didnt...first off the beat is classic hi-tek...guitar riffs, good bassline and ACCOMPANING drums...laid back shit..
finally a concept here....buck snoop and trick rhyme about a former homey who became a federal informant...buck rhymes 1st and sets the tone VERY nicely but again someone outshines him....trick daddy gets at buck for real...good ridin music...3/5

5. Get Buck (Produced by: Polow Da Don)

the 1st official single off of the album...
here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sQV_ufJT0

if you dont know already polow da don is da nigga who say's "wait a minute mutha fucka!" on throw some d's on dat bitch....the beat is timberland "esque" but all jokes aside this shit is hott... i aint even gonna over do this one...GREAT SINGLE CHOICE 4.5/5

6. Buck the World ft. Lyfe Jennings (Produced by: Jake One)

imma say this rite now...THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG ON THE ALBUM...period....
the colaborations on this album have a developing theme throught this album...they dont make the song, they enhace the song...this is a great example of that...im a fan of lyfe but hearing him on this made me wanna hear buck...buck pens pain better than anyone in the game right now...he doenst hold anything back...i can listen to this all day.....5/5

7. Slow Down ft. Chester Bennington of Linkin Park (Produced By: Dr. Dre)

lyrics, again...buck pens pain...and its so personal you can visualize the people he's talkin about...it draws me into the music...it will do the same for you...the dude from linkin park is on the hook...nice collab...good ridin music....oh yea dre did the beat...can u tell....FUCK NO! i love the versitility...good ridin music...3.8/5

8. Hold On ft. 50 Cent (Produced by: Dr. Dre)

another beat thats by the doc, that you'd be like what the fuck?!? dre did this? true to this shit too...dre goes the vintage swing route with this...good shit...now peep this doe...here's g-unit genius for yo ass 1 time...50 used this to diss cam and made a video for it....people blew it up...now its on buck's album...it draws more people...great marketing ploy...luckily for 50 an buck its a good song...ask james lee how catchy it is...lol 3.5/5

oh yea how could i forget....here's the video....
Note: Buck has different verses on the video than the actual song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlopIRe0xlE

9. Pocket full of Paper ft. Young Jeezy (Produced by: DJ Toomp)

for those of you who aint familiar with DJ Toomp, he's the nigga that made jeezy's i luv it, and ti's what you know bout that, asap, you dont know me, 24's and pastor troy's ridin big....this time he teams up with buck and jeezy....whew....damn this shit is hott...a great change up for the album though...jeezy and buck have GREAT chemistry...this shit goes hard...buck gets in jeezy's ass no homo on the verses....you'll be hearin this from my 12's this summer 4/5

10. Haters ft. Kokane (Produced by: Dr. Dre)

ive been screaming LYRICS on this whole review...again...buck provides what i wanna hear...strong deep street lyrics...gutter shit...im feelin it...the dre beat rides just nice...damn...4/5

11. You Ain't Goin Nowhere ft. Letoya Williams (Produced by: Dr. Dre)

this is a reach...ive never heard buck address the females like this...he tries to keep it street and respectful at the same time...i dont think i like this...it sounds like....bullshit...lovin the beat tho, honestly it keeps me listenin to the song...good ridin music tho...3/5

12. Money Good (Produced By: Lil Jon)

buck an lil jon team up again since they had good sucess with shorty wanna ride wit me on str8 outta cashville...this aint like pocket full of paper...but buck spits real doe all by himself...im hotter than a flame, so theres no time to beef with jada, joe or game....real shit...bucks my nigga...lol this track goes hard...3.8/5

13. Puff Puff Pass ft. Ky-Mani Marley (Produced by: JR Rotem)

yup, you guessed it...an ode to weed smokin...but, its a million of them out there...o the concept aint original, but buck personalizes it so i fuck wit it...he could have left this off tho...even though the beat is bangin...its really skippable...3/5

14. Cleanup Man (Produced by: Needlz)

oh fuck...just when you attempt to get bored...this shit hits you in the head...buck address the G-UNIT haters...and gives em the business..."wel let you niggaz eat, why the fuck is you mad?" 4/5

15. 4 Kingz ft. Young Jeezy Jazze Pha, Young Jeezy and TI (Produced by: Jazze Pha)

one of those very straight forward, solid bangable songs....jazze killed the beat...and these niggaz rocked the song...TI obviously killed both em on the verses, with buck comin in 2nd and jeezy on they ass...very good song but it gets lost in all of the other bangin joints on here....hott nonetheless...4/5

16. I Know You Want Me ft. Jazze Pha (Produced by. Jazze Pha)

this was supposed to be the 1st single of the album but then "get buck" slayed it so....this shit is a smoother version of TI's lets get away...jazze an buck do it big on this shit...another solid bangable joint...there's nothin else to say about it but LISTEN TO IT!!!!!! 4/5

look here's the video...the ladies is gonna love this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUdnKmBaV4

17. Lose My Mind (Produced by: Eminem)

the concept of this shit is a rock and roll track...
i know what you thinkin but give it a chance....caz thats what i thought...emienem is good for this kind of track...overall its just a different way to spit...i appreciate the originality...good for hip-hop...but on the real he's spittin on this shit lol...i respect it...3/5

(Hidden Track)

50 Cent's Funeral Music (Cam'ron Diss)
here's the video on youtube that has garners over 1,000,000 views since feburary 9th, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_poeloXyDmA

now for my take on it...the beat caught me a lil different...caz i been in down douth mode forever it seems like...but i appreciate the instruments...and the flatline, but i hate 50's singin on the hook no matter how gangsta it is...but the verses...vintage 50...fuckin camron all up (pause)...no homo....4/5

I KNOW THIS SHIT LONG AS HELL BUT ITS GOOD MUSIC....EVEN IF YOU AINT A G-UNIT FAN OR JUST NOT FUCKIN WIT EM....YOU'LL FUCK WITH THIS GUAURENTEED....ITS GOOD MUSIC...ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS OF 2007 ALREADY...REAL TALK!!!!!!! album overal rating: 4/5

and for those of you who have been waitin on MY cd, you can stream it through immem.com

here's the link:

http://3rdshiftmusic.imeem.com/

LISTEN TO MY PRODUCTION CD WHICH FEATURES:
LIL WAYNE
GUCCI MANE
50 CENT
LLOYD BANKS
YOUONG DRO
DG YOLA

AND MANY MORE

Click the Link:

http://3rdshiftmusic.imeem.com/playlist/wNMkqpWz/
Send a message via AIM to 3rdshift513   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-07, 09:54 PM   #2
3rdshift513
New to RV

IP: 4E33 91E3

dont miss out on a great review!

LISTEN TO MY PRODUCTION CD WHICH FEATURES:
LIL WAYNE
GUCCI MANE
50 CENT
LLOYD BANKS
YOUONG DRO
DG YOLA

AND MANY MORE

Click the Link:

http://3rdshiftmusic.imeem.com/playlist/wNMkqpWz/
Send a message via AIM to 3rdshift513   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 02:12 AM   #3
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: 53B1 A5EC

i bought this in west nashville.......this cd is straight bumpin...i'm not a fan of G Unit..but i am of Young Buck becuase i think he is the best in G Unit and he is from Nashville.....so yea..
Old 03-31-07, 05:04 AM   #4
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 279C 786E

this CD is the best out of the G unit camp prob. ever...

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 03-31-07, 08:49 AM   #5
P To Tha R!
The Most Feared Gang!

IP: DA4D 1E55

^^how? get rich was the best..even 50 now is alot worse..but get rich was a classic...however this buck shit is tight..
Old 04-01-07, 12:26 AM   #6
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
IP: E7F4 FAD3

i know that...i ment out of the G unit click

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 04-02-07, 12:11 PM   #7
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Young Buck is aiigh, but Lloyd Banks is shittin on him

and when you said this

Quote:
buck pens pain better than anyone in the game right now...he doenst hold anything back

I felt offended because JOE BUDDEN pens pain better than ANYONER in the game right now.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 05:20 PM   #8
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 1C46 A9B3

Didn't young buck say "On my ghetto report card I got an A"

Lol...
Old 04-02-07, 07:46 PM   #9
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: 7F6A 5A12

Quote:
Originally Posted by P To Tha R!
^^how? get rich was the best..even 50 now is alot worse..but get rich was a classic...however this buck shit is tight..

LOL no it wasn't man. it was decent AT BEST. doesn't matter what it sold, I copped it, and was like ehhhhhh the whole time about it. I gave this shit a listen, and it pretty coo. better then Get rich i think easily

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 09:09 PM   #10
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: 13BE D9A8

this cd is trash 1-17

so is get rich or die trying

actually grodt had 1 or 2 songs i likedd

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 01:36 PM   #11
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Niggas say all I RAP about is guns and killin niggas
GRODT was ALL about shootin niggas with different types of guns I swear.. with the exception of a bitch track
atleast when i rap about guns i use punchlines mix with some of that real shit, yo

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 04-03-07, 05:40 PM   #12
P To Tha R!
The Most Feared Gang!

IP: DA4D 1E55

^^not everysong..

But the reason I thought shit was classic, was who really brought the game up like that?..Niggas were mourning Big and Pac, and nobody really did shit, jay and nas were fallin..and fif came with this shit. Niggas got caught up in the hype..it was the whole I don't give a fuck nigga this is what's goin down shit..that's why I felt it was a classic. That shit was raw as hell and everysong basically couldda been a single. And to sell 9 mill too...
Old 04-03-07, 08:57 PM   #13
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: 6FC2 8698

^Broguth rap up? what did he bring up then? Killin' people, being a pimp, mistreating girls, all that shit. That's whay he made big. aka planted the seed for the many bullshit tracks we'd hear after that dominate the airways.

thank you for that 50 Cent

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 11:27 PM   #14
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: E442 B2FF

Shit the songs i like were
"Patiently Waiting", and there was another one on there

i just forgot what its called

but imma get patiently waiting again, his best song to date.

so fuck what you talkin bout zone!

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 04:37 PM   #15
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by P To Tha R!
^^not everysong..

But the reason I thought shit was classic, was who really brought the game up like that?..Niggas were mourning Big and Pac, and nobody really did shit, jay and nas were fallin..and fif came with this shit. Niggas got caught up in the hype..it was the whole I don't give a fuck nigga this is what's goin down shit..that's why I felt it was a classic. That shit was raw as hell and everysong basically couldda been a single. And to sell 9 mill too...

Say what?
when GRoDT came out Blueprint was out and Nas had just dropped Ether.
Not to mention Come Home with Me had just came out and Diplomatic Immunity was on the way.
lmao @ he brought rap back up
yeah right

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote: