RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-05, 08:47 PM   #166
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 5496 CDC8

you think klashnekoff is better than 2pac?

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 08:50 PM   #167
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: AC2A 692A

complexity wise...yes

lyrically and making the scene etc...no way.
Old 12-09-05, 08:52 PM   #168
BigTony.Self

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 2-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 7D90 C302

im a fan of hip hop in the purest form where ever it comes from reason why i like u.s u.k aussie even some french cats putti it down

Bringing back the oldschool hiphop
Old 12-09-05, 11:29 PM   #169
-Zone Out-
Still Sick

Text Record: 17-8
IP: 5496 CDC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
complexity wise...yes

lyrically and making the scene etc...no way.

you think he's better than Joe Budden?
Send a message via AIM to -Zone Out-   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-05, 12:11 AM   #170
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: DF10 FA26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
US Hip hop, easily.
Why?
Because when you say Dizzy Rascal, S.A.S. or Klashnekoff in the US, people are like "wtf, who are they?"
but in the uk, if you say
Eminem, Jay-z, 2pac or 50 cent, they be like "yeah, Im a big fan of them"

That pretty much said it...

As much as I got love for Aussie and UK emcees, I see too many of our dudes with loads of skill, but absolutly no talent for making actual music.. Theres so many cockheads that just stick to those gloomy style underground beats making D-grade hardcore music that is un-exportable...

A lot of americans make raps solely for the bitches... Which is the right way to go about it, cause bitches will buy your album and if bitches like your shit, chances are it will get played more on commercial radio shows, you will sell more copies AND have a lot more playability in clubs and party venues...

Wonder why loads of underground cats with massive amounts of skill simply dont break that market? Because their rapping for other hip hop heads and young males.. This is a big factor thats holding our industrys back from grasping the mainstream international level of rap.

We also have yet to truely break into the television medium in our countrys.. Therefore untill people do come up in our industrys and start doing it correctly and putting forward a positive example.. America will always be a few levels up on us...

But remember---- They've also had their industry around for a lot longer which only means we have to work that much harder in order to rise up on the world market... One day we will achieve this goal. But it takes time, effort and extreme amounts of dedication..

But somebodys gotta do it.
Old 12-10-05, 03:16 AM   #171
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
That pretty much said it...

As much as I got love for Aussie and UK emcees, I see too many of our dudes with loads of skill, but absolutly no talent for making actual music.. Theres so many cockheads that just stick to those gloomy style underground beats making D-grade hardcore music that is un-exportable...

A lot of americans make raps solely for the bitches... Which is the right way to go about it, cause bitches will buy your album and if bitches like your shit, chances are it will get played more on commercial radio shows, you will sell more copies AND have a lot more playability in clubs and party venues...

Wonder why loads of underground cats with massive amounts of skill simply dont break that market? Because their rapping for other hip hop heads and young males.. This is a big factor thats holding our industrys back from grasping the mainstream international level of rap.

We also have yet to truely break into the television medium in our countrys.. Therefore untill people do come up in our industrys and start doing it correctly and putting forward a positive example.. America will always be a few levels up on us...

But remember---- They've also had their industry around for a lot longer which only means we have to work that much harder in order to rise up on the world market... One day we will achieve this goal. But it takes time, effort and extreme amounts of dedication..

But somebodys gotta do it.

he speaks the truth

but damn yo Nos, i was lookin for an article on the portrayal of hip-hop in the media for a project for one of my classes, and like half of the articles i found were about Australian hip-hop.... i was like damn, do yo thing Nos

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 12-10-05, 03:31 AM   #172
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5B9F 36FB

nah, NOBODY should make music for bitches or money, its all about the love, i just cant get into 90% of this commercial bullshit, it ruins our scene and gives it the wrong kind of attention
Old 12-11-05, 10:45 AM   #173
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: AEB4 27D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
nah, NOBODY should make music for bitches or money, its all about the love, i just cant get into 90% of this commercial bullshit, it ruins our scene and gives it the wrong kind of attention

so, you wanna rap for 20 years and still not have any money or love from girls just cos you rap?
Oh.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-05, 10:50 PM   #174
distilled
hullabaloser

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: F7E3 42B8

I hate to say this, but US.

I hardly heard much UK 'Hip Hop' that I'd consider Hip Hop. And I dont Consider Crunk Hip Hop ether, and mostly the whole of the south is shit, but US is easy up on us.

We'r gettin there tho.

.The Council
Send a message via AIM to distilled Send a message via MSN to distilled Send a message via Yahoo to distilled   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-05, 10:38 PM   #175
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 328E 597A

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady

Well all I can say is..

Enjoy the gigantic brick wall your building around your music because you wanna 'keep it real' by not tapping into the female 'mainstream' market..

Pop culture right now with hip hop is moulding with RnB... Sure you could try and 'keep it real' by sticking with that old shit... But whats stopping anyone bringing in hip hop/rnb/rock infusions with actual sick lyricism thats appealing to a pop market...

Its already been done before.....And its been sucessful on most accounts...

The only reason we dont see more and better products being pushed like this is because every bloody rapper thats actually worth a damn, doesent want a bar of the mainstream.. They just want to sit on their fat asses and complain about it because their low-appealing too hip-hopish cd's arnt selling to a bunch of school girls and young women who are one of the largest album buying audiences in the world...

Think about it...
Old 01-02-06, 06:42 PM   #176
Jobus
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 599A C518

what a fucking stupid thread
Old 01-16-06, 06:56 PM   #177
Oscar
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: F3D2 C445

you can't compare them. they're both completely different, it's just a question of taste.
Old 01-16-06, 11:08 PM   #178
*Antic*
Light Weight

Text Record: 6-3
IP: F557 5BE5

the UK catz, for the most part, are heady in their rhymes, and their schemes are usually insane. they mad talented.

US catz are, for the most part, more for-the-moment, gut-reaction in their rhymes...lots of talent and variety.

So, do you wanna listen to complex, intrical shit...or emotion-based in your fuckin'-face rhymes? Or both?

It's preference...I prefer US.