RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-05, 07:33 PM   #1
Magic5

I Can't Write A Mag This Week..

IP: B421 5189

I have to do an outline, rough draft, typed rough draft, and final draft all due on Wednesday. It's a 15 page paper, and I can't afford to be spending 2 hours writing a mag.

I don't think I'll be able to write another one until after school is over, so, if you are consistent, or your name is New Method or L.I., get at me if you are willing to write a mag for a few weeks until my schedule clears.

My apologies,
-Mimesis

Old 05-10-05, 12:05 PM   #2
Premanition
-Classified-

IP: 8002 63C0

i'll do a round up of the best 5 battles last week if ya want can't be bothered with all of em but i'll do top 5...

bet L.I will do top punches again

and new meth could do the basic overview or woteva

we'll have a bit of a mag there if so...

get at me by pm mim n let me know and i'll key somethin up

pz

Old 05-10-05, 03:00 PM   #3
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: D1BF FA16

I know you ain't got time to do a mag!!!

I did a Battle Reel for last week. You can use it if ya want!!!
I would have sent it by PM but it is too long!!!

So here it is.......

Battle Reel

THE NO-SHOWS

Hells Fire vs. $lobK

Ok, I’m going to say something about this battle, $lobK who actually came into the battle and dropped a punch had a pretty clever one. Some decent wordplay but the thing that still lets him down is that his lines are still overly stretched and the whole line full of ……………… was retarded because it had no point. Hells Fire you are just an ass for not showing, I mean it takes like two minutes at the most to do a punchline.

Skriptz vs. Intellect

Ok, personally if Intellect would have shown then he probably would have won because the punchline Skriptz dropped was homosexual. I mean you dropped some homo shit in there and about him ducking, both are some of the most played concepts that for some reason still float around RV. Luckily for Skriptz that Intellect pulled a ho-show.

Shake-spear vs. FuxJustAWord

I was very disappointed with this battle because it was a decent match-up and could have been the best battle of the week. Both can drop good, I’ve seen Fux drop hot and I’ve been on the end of one of shake-spears punchlines from Week 1. Shake-spear dropped a decent punchline, the first part was clever and the second part was just hilarious. No need to explain anything though because people should be able to get and I did, should definitely be in the top 10 punchlines of the week.

Kesse vs. Flow Intelligent

Another potential dope battle, but Flow no-showed but he ain’t showed on RV for a few days now. Anyway, Kesse showed and dropped an average line, I think he could have done better and I have seen better. The first line was an ok line but it seemed more like unnecessary filler to me. The second part where he hit flow on the revolution he tried was funny so props for that.

iLL Cee vs. Pictureperfect2

This was bullshit!! No offense to anyone but iLL could have showed because I saw him on RV a few times last week so he had plenty of time to drop. Picture came with a good idea for a punchline but worded it all wrong and it didn’t flow at all. I think iLL could’ve taken the battle and picture you need to word shit better or you’re going to get whored.

Ka.Ze vs. E.C

Another ass battle!! Partly due to a no-show from an RB Vet who should fucking know to keep deadlines. If you’re a vet it shouldn’t trouble you to take a minute to drop a punch. E.C showed but the punch dropped was bullshit. The first line was filler and the second line was wack because it was a played concept and not even a decent attempt using a played concept.

ACTUAL BATTLES

Golden Dayz vs. Given Light

This was a half ass battle, purely because one person brought a creative and funny line whilst the other one brought a fucking retarded piece of basic shit. Golden Dayz played good off of Given Light’s name on RV and RB and the finish to his punchline had me laughing. Its good to see that some people actually try and bring some humour to the league. Given Light just dropped some basic shit, a played concept again and the whole feel of the punchline was……BASIC!!! So in the end Golden Dayz killed off this battle.

Premanition vs. Tephlon

Another half ass battle, one tried and the other either didn’t, or if they did then they are wack and should leave the league!!! Premanition dropped yet another decent line and played off his opponents current and previous name more than once. His punchline was creative and funny and basically ripped Tephlon. Tephlon came with some basic shit really, there was nothing that hasn’t been done before and he stretched his lines which made his line even worse. That is why Premanition took this battle easily.

NewKid vs. Young Blaze

NewKid who claims to be dope should really take a REAL look at some of his lines and listen to people. Because yet again he dropped just a great big pile of SHIT!!! NewKid first started calling Blaze a homo, then had a line of unnecessary …………….. and finally made reference to shot out of his ass, all played and gay!!! Young Blaze came with some fairly decent stuff, he had a decent play off NewKid’s name but his lines are still stretched. Still though his punchline was more than enough to kill NewKid.

New Method vs. Mad Knight

A good battle, I haven’t really seen anything from New Method besides what he brings in the league, but it is good. Mad Knight I thought had a clever line, but downfall was that it was played. The first part made me laugh a little but overall played lines don’t get wins. New Method came with an ok line, not as good as he has brought before and he worded it wrong. Both could have come better but overall New Method took it with a better punch.

MaRVJay1009 vs. Acuity

And the tradition of half ass battles continued here, Acuity didn’t even have a punch, it was just some random bullshit really. The first line was real filler and that whole Chris Tucker line with the shit from Friday was wack. Seriously if you think that’s funny then you need to get a brain because it ain’t. Marv had an average punch, the second line was decent but the first was wack. I mean don’t put no ones mom into it because that is gay and even if it ain’t an intentional homo line, if you drop the word “gay”, “fag”, “homo” or any word referring to gayness then your going to lose points. But Marv actually had a punch in this battle so he took it easily.

Jimmy Pocketz vs. Konfliktz vs. Daubs

This was really Jimmy vs. Daubs because once again Konfliktz pulled his famous no-show. So take out the punches both laid on Konfliktz which personally I thought both of them were weak as hell. But Jimmy’s punch against Daubs was quite clever, stretched I think but it was mildly humorous. Daubs came worse because he brought another played concept which seems to be another trend that everyone is bringing in the league. People need to come more original. Overall this was one of the weaker battles but Jimmy took it fairly easily.

Ambient vs. ^^..^^ (aka CALI)

This in my opinion was the 2nd closest battle, but it wasn’t the best. CALI who we all know goes around saying he will own everyone let himself down this time. He dropped a below par punch, it wasn’t overly creative at all. The first line was a played concept on elevating and the second part was weak and the bolding shit just made it seem like you was forcing shit. Ambient wasn’t all that better, the setup line was pure bullshit but the punchline was fucking funny. The “Anne Robinson” shit was funny and using the weakest link to his soundclicks was something original. It went all the way to the end but Ambient just edged it out.

Intrepid vs. Morse Code

Right, how this match ended in a draw is beyond me. Intrepid came with a rather witty play on morse codes name. the setup was pure filler but worked well and you had the …….. but yours were part of the punch so they actually had a point. Morse code honestly came weak, his punchline was worded wrong and the fact that he bolded stuff, had stuff in italics showed that it was forced as hell. Overall I think Intrepid did enough to take the battle but somehow morse code managed to get votes and it ended in a draw.

Typical vs. O.V.Dose

One of the worst battles of the lot, both came with bullshit lines but Typical actually put some effort into trying to deliver a punch. O.V.Dose went with that mummify setup line which has been done before and it was basic filler and the food pyramid shit didn’t work either. Typical had a meta in there and no real filler but the fact is, the line was weak as hell but at least it had some semblance of a punch so he got this. Not much else I can say but both need to come harder and more creative in the future if they hope to get anywhere in the league.

Spektikul vs. Hotshh!

The closest battle of the week, hence it ending in a draw. Both are known to drop dope but they didn’t really use their full skills this week. Despite the punches being not overly hard this was still probably the best battle. Hotshh came with an ok line a fairly good concept, nothing too creative and the vocabs was pretty basic but still it had some humour to it. Spektikul came with an ok line but the fact is it was played like fuck. More than one person has tried that “outhouse” line against hotshh. If you had come with some originality you may have took the battle, but still voters decided that both were as good, or as weak as each other so the battle ended in a draw.

Sdizzle vs. Solo

My battle, I killed it!! No seriously I thought this battle was not as one-sided as the voters made it look. Both of us came with fairly played concepts and frankly I don’t think either of us tried. The bear shit and Winnie the Pooh lines was pretty much all I could think of at the time. Dizzle’s Kanye line was played like fuck but it was an ok play off my user title. One point to make though in the setup line it said “Slicker than ya average” and my sig said “Sicker than ya average”. Also, before it was over I changed my siggy and user title which as Mimesis pointed out was a “NO NO”. I won’t do it again, and I would just like to show my respect to dizzle for still giving me the win even though I pretty much thought he would say give it to him. So RESPECT for that!!
Old 05-11-05, 02:14 AM   #4
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D135 D6AF

Nice lil Contribution.................

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~  
Old 05-11-05, 07:24 AM   #5
Kayem
illy fo' really

IP: ECB3 36A0

yeah...nice shit solo...

Old 05-11-05, 10:21 AM   #6
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: CCA8 57B3

Good job solo. I liked my review best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.

Old 05-11-05, 01:57 PM   #7
Premanition
-Classified-

IP: 8002 63C0

dopeness solo..............

good lookin for steppin up like that

pz

Old 05-13-05, 11:22 PM   #8
Typical
Apollyon

IP: 3240 794D

after i remembered solo wrote that winnie the poo line i didnt feel so bad about my review...
but seriously, that shit is cool man...props.

Old 05-13-05, 11:25 PM   #9
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

Text Record: 43-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4A3C 316E

ties are fucking gay
should have a tie breaker for future battles,
like after the deadline and its tie it could be a sudden death
whatever

Old 05-14-05, 09:40 PM   #10
L.I.3
I Thought You Left?

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 2C01 D973

Ka.Ze is not an RB vet. The RB vet is KaZe. and I talked to Ka.Ze, he is not the real KaZe. so yeah. Just wanted to clear that up

Undestructable Emcees

Old 05-15-05, 09:01 PM   #11
Magic5

IP: 361C F0DE

^ Ka.Ze = Chewy.

Word like your mother's face.

Old 05-17-05, 12:54 AM   #12
Magic5

IP: 4E16 4355

This thread is now closed.

Old 05-17-05, 12:55 AM   #13
Magic5