RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-07, 08:42 PM   #46
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2020 96DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
It's funny that ever since the Imus scandel "black people" are debating degrading women in hip hop as if us black people were the only people who do hip hop. It's funny though, because white people were the only people who complained about eminem, while excluding 2pac, white people don't really complain about black rappers. It's kinda funny.

yea i noticed that too. i was just watchin some shit on the news 2day bout this movement they have going on bout the same EXACT thing u just were talkin bout.

too me thats biest for women to think just cuz we pay attention or bring up one type of female we have all these one track minds on what women are. we know women aint all hoes and we aint calling them all hoes. this guy just got in trouble cuz he kinda was talking bout some specific people and wasnt so general bout it. he pointed the finger at the wrong crowd.
Old 04-13-07, 08:51 PM   #47
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D22F CD29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
It's funny that ever since the Imus scandel "black people" are debating degrading women in hip hop as if us black people were the only people who do hip hop. It's funny though, because white people were the only people who complained about eminem, while excluding 2pac, white people don't really complain about black rappers. It's kinda funny.

no, there was some bitch who got mad at 2pac. and everyone got mad when nwa said fuck the police.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 08:59 PM   #48
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 2020 96DE

these people probably spend their whole lifes trying to prevent the use of words like "hoe" or "bitch" but the only time people ever pay attention to them is when shit like this Imus or Kramer incident goes down then the media and news and all that give these people more of a chance to speak to people on a more bigger level. these people didnt just decide to go against sexism yesterday but its the only chance they get to say what they have to say and speak to more people its just the 1st time u got to notice them. they'll be gone though after the people forget about Imus.
Old 04-14-07, 01:43 AM   #49
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP: 04C7 1AC3

i dont even wanna discuss this Q... theres too much of a double standard..... just look at Comedy... 90% of Black Comedians base their act on racist or stereotypical jokes, towards both THEIR and OTHER races... yet no one is bein fired for that.... but u got a comedian who sed the word nigga because he lost his cool while getting heckled... and his whole career got thrown away and a big scene was made...

it just seems like a white person cant say anythin questionable racially or stereotypically, or theyre done.... but black comedians can say the same thing and get their biggest laugh.
Old 04-14-07, 01:46 AM   #50
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

racism just appears to be a very one way street.... wenever u hear someone say something like "Chris was being racist".... even if u dont know who the hell chris is... a picture of some white guy insulting a black person comes to ur mind.
Old 04-14-07, 02:35 AM   #51
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 3AD5 555C

yea well whites are the worlds majority so when there's racism in whites its the most effective. who made other minorities out to be slaves?? who denyed minorities civil rights and treated them like shit?? u think whites can spray firehoses and stick dogs on blacks then make a racial joke and expect there to be a postive reaction??

and kramer got in trouble cuz he was serious so that really fucks things up. i guess other races and shit got a lil more freedom to say some things bout other races (in their jokes anyways) but they aint being serious. but yea other nationalities shouldnt rely on race to make jokes off of it is kinda fucked up
Old 04-14-07, 02:55 AM   #52
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Trash
yea well whites are the worlds majority so when there's racism in whites its the most effective. who made other minorities out to be slaves?? who denyed minorities civil rights and treated them like shit?? u think whites can spray firehoses and stick dogs on blacks then make a racial joke and expect there to be a postive reaction??

and kramer got in trouble cuz he was serious so that really fucks things up. i guess other races and shit got a lil more freedom to say some things bout other races (in their jokes anyways) but they aint being serious. but yea other nationalities shouldnt rely on race to make jokes off of it is kinda fucked up

thank u for bringing that up.... now lets apply that to don imus.... was he being serious???? as some of u may know or have heard... he even calls his WIFE the "green hoe" on his show because shes some environmentalist....

now, i dont agree with what imus said at all... its inexcusable to take it that far... but he should not have lost his show and all his sponsors because of one seemingly racist comment when he's probably been literally on the air for more hours then many of us on this rapboard have lived.... has our good ol' buddy Ms. Hill get dropped from her label and get her album taken off the shelf when she revealed that she is an obvious racist?
Old 04-14-07, 03:45 AM   #53
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 3AD5 555C

^^i dunno if he was or not i didnt hear him actually say it i just keep hearing bout what he said and what everybody else thinks and that but he's really old. so im guessing he was probably serious knowing that old people mostly are serious whenever they bring something racial up. its mainly just the younger generation that act so lightly towards it and makes jokes bout it.

and i agree that he shouldnt of lost his job over just that but i heard he's said some boundary line things just not too over the top. im guessing they were waiting for something like this to happen so they have an excuse to pull him off the airwaves cuz of the other things he said in the past. im sure if this was the only controveral thing he said he'd just get a slight tap on the wrist.