RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-07, 09:54 PM   #31
Pure Knowledge
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 04DB 79A0

Quote:
Originally Posted by %%%%
In what?....Looks?

I own the Gamecube version and my friend owns the Wii. And their identical. The only difference is that the game is mirrored on the Wii as Link is right-handed. It was so weird for me to play it on Wii because of that.

But yeah, it's not better on Gamecube. No worse, but no better.

No it's WORSE.

WORSE
Old 02-22-07, 03:03 PM   #32
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

fuck you guys i love my wii lol
Old 02-23-07, 12:15 AM   #33
%%%%
Middle Weight

Text Record: 5-1
IP: 0574 5533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I'll field that.

The PS3 has a total of 8 CPU cores (one is reserved for physics and other shit, so actually 7), and some of the most advanced graphical technology out. Programmers are seriously sitting there, going "k..... What the FUCK." They don't know how to program for it, it's new. It's hella new... Think about it, quad core technology JUST came out for PCs. And it's not even real quad core technology, the intel quad cores are just two dual cores stuck together, without architecture to take full advantage of the hardware. So of course the games look slightly better on the 360.

But the only games they can compare like that are multi platform games. And do you know why? Because multi platform games are designed to make money. They are after making a good game, not an amazing game. It is no wonder, therefore, that they design the games for the 360, simply because it is familiar technology, an improvement with the previous generation consoles as its base. It's just easier for them. Then, they port the games as quickly as they can to the ps3.

You get it now? Those ps3 multi platform games are ports, not originally designed for the ps3. Of course they look better on the console they were designed for. As we speak, the developers that have a keen eye for innovation are slaving away at figuring out how to efficiently program for the ps3, and the games WILL get better with time. Same as what happened with the PS2, look at the games from its launch compared to the games available now. Better graphics, better physics, better everything.

It's no wonder you hear all this talk about a new 360 being released. Microsoft aren't idiots, they know that once they hit the wall, potential-wise, the ps3 is going to keep getting better and better.

Yes, the Ps2 games got better with time. But the Ps2 sold over 100 million. The Ps3 isn't selling for shit. Big difference.

The Ps3 is difficult to program for. Developers have to take time to decipher it and what not. Plus I've heard it's expensive. So why exactly would developers go out their way to tap into the system's potential if there's no pay-off.

The Ps2 got better and better...the Ps3 will not.

And I don't want to come off as a 360 gamer. I don't own one, and don't plan on getting one at al.. I'm a big-time Nintendo fan.
Old 02-23-07, 12:20 AM   #34
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

It's only not selling cuz there isn't shit for it. Look at the Xbox. No one had one til Halo came out, then everyone got one. And the ones that didn't got it for Halo 2. Once PS3 gets it's game, they'll sell. Could even come this summer.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 12:26 AM   #35
%%%%
Middle Weight

Text Record: 5-1
IP: 0574 5533

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFS
It's only not selling cuz there isn't shit for it. Look at the Xbox. No one had one til Halo came out, then everyone got one. And the ones that didn't got it for Halo 2. Once PS3 gets it's game, they'll sell. Could even come this summer.

Dude...what do you mean no-one had one til' Halo came out??

Halo was a launch title. Wake up.

And I doubt Ps3 is going to sell when it gets it's game. It's already gotten more bad publicity than any other system ever made. Every magazine, newspaper, and website in America has called it a flop. And let's not try to ignore the fact that it's $600. Which IS expensive.
Old 02-23-07, 02:33 AM   #36
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

Man... What are you on about? I have read plenty of reviews for the PS3 in magazines and on websites, most of them are good, some are bad. All of the good reviews (good as in well written reviews) discuss both the virtues of the console and its flaws. Here are a few, the first few from a google search.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PlaySt...31355103-2.html
http://www.digitmag.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=6550
http://www.businessweek.com/technol...g3a.rss m1115b
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/fun.ga...view/index.html
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/12/06/032408.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by %%%%
Yes, the Ps2 games got better with time. But the Ps2 sold over 100 million. The Ps3 isn't selling for shit. Big difference.

The Ps3 is difficult to program for. Developers have to take time to decipher it and what not. Plus I've heard it's expensive. So why exactly would developers go out their way to tap into the system's potential if there's no pay-off.

The Ps2 got better and better...the Ps3 will not.

And I don't want to come off as a 360 gamer. I don't own one, and don't plan on getting one at al.. I'm a big-time Nintendo fan.

Sales don't matter... Every console that has ever existed has had better games over time as developers learn to program more efficiently for the console. Even if Sony is behind, they aren't just going to drop everything, give up and declare the PS3 a dead console like sega did with the Dreamcast. Sales are steady, system-selling games are on the way. Prices are going to drop. The games will just get better, it's inevitable. So will the 360's and the Wii's.

And just so you know, I'm not a Sony guy. The 360 is great from a software and firmware standpoint, but is inferior to the PS3 hardware-wise. The PS3 is a technical marvel, but lacks microsofts user friendly software. We will have to wait at least a year before the two systems can be compared at least a little more fairly, so Sony has a chance to fix up major bugs, add functionality, and most important of all for the number of games to increase.

While I wait to decide whether to buy a PS3 or a 360 first, because I'll probably get both, I'll be playing my Wii. Which rules.
Old 02-23-07, 02:43 AM   #37
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

Soory, I mean before Halo got overhyped and sold 125 million dollars worth of merch. And if MGS4, Tekken 6, any of the upcoming platformers (Jak 4, Ratchet and Clank and probably a new Crash game) isn't enough to make you buy one, not to mention that with free online, that if you buy a PS3 now, in 2 years a 360 and Xbox Live are the same price. Then you are dumb to discredit it.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote