RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Mastered The Art
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-04, 06:27 PM   #1
Emerge

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Phate (3-1) v.s. Syntax (0-2)

IP: 4F4C E1F8

blah

Old 02-11-04, 11:26 PM   #2
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

IP: 586A 10A1

checkage
Old 02-12-04, 08:17 AM   #3
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

"Hold The Phone"

http://mrmastery.dmusic.com/

get at me dog... im probably gonna put this one on the album yo...
Old 02-12-04, 09:55 AM   #4
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

check.....

if i have time tonight i'll drop sumthin as well. don't know when deadline is, but whatever.
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate  
Old 02-12-04, 11:33 AM   #5
Emerge

IP: 6BAC DCCA

deadline is this sunday...check the schedule foolio

Old 02-15-04, 11:23 PM   #6
Phate
Middle Weight

IP: D27D 0B18

lol, sorry man. been out of it lately.

wanted to do more wit the sample cus I found them but just didn't have time.

Accused

Top track on my knockoutz page.

<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Old 02-16-04, 03:40 AM   #7
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

votes?
Old 02-16-04, 05:39 PM   #8
Emerge

IP: 590F A4F0

syntax - keep in mind i like this a lot but i gotta critique to help you

drums are straight...the intro sample makes the bass seem weird at first...but when the beat drops it sounds fine...riff from the spanish was coo maybe a little tweaking would have made it sound nicer...snare was nice...cuts and snips were nice in this... i could barely make out what the vocals were saying...

phate - nice

intro was ok...um i liked what you did with the vocals and samples...it was nice
drums were straight...bassline was ok...snare was ait...basically nothing was
wrong with it.........BUT the whole time i was waiting for the beat to drop
it kinda sounded more like an intro than a beat...it was nice as fuck dont get
me wrong...but it sounded incomplete ... maybe its just me

vote - syn

Old 02-16-04, 08:19 PM   #9
Tha Duce
Duce I Rae

Text Record: 10-3
IP: 7B8E 1254

Syntax -

OK Ive heard better from you thou this is decent its just Ive heard tons of beats just like this one. Id say its advage, good sound quality I just didnt feel it. but Ive felt that way before about a beat then the right MC on it made it sick. so this is one of these types of beats. but none the less good job. 6 out of 10

Phate -

Sick as usal. Nice beat. thou this is somthing Id exspect from everyone this style beat. But you steped it up and realy had some tight rythems and melodys with the sampling Nice job homie. I think if you realy try to push yourself and break out of the box you could be a top producer on soundclick. Like top 5. 9 out of 10

Vote Phate

[COLOR=Blue]
Send a message via AIM to Tha Duce Send a message via MSN to Tha Duce Send a message via Yahoo to Tha Duce  
Old 02-17-04, 12:23 AM   #10
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

*watches as these become the only two votes*... isnt voting over tommorow?

lol
Old 02-17-04, 02:24 AM   #11
Crysis
Kung Fu

IP: 3EBB BEAF

Syntax - *listens* everything goes together good, sampling is clean, not a very standout beat, but flawless nonetheless. theres not much to say about this beat, it's above average, but not your best. all i can really say is everything sounds good to me.

Overall - 7/10

Phate - vocal cuts are nice at the beginning.....ewww, im not liking the sample cut that hits during the verse, it seems to loud. other than that this beat is cool. its put together great. the only thing im not feeling is that loud hit. this beat is good, but it didnt live up to last weeks "So Cold" beat. but this is dope for not having much time, much props.

Overall - 6.5/10

I was just feeling Syn's a bit more. I think he used the sampling a bit better, and he had more time to put into it. Phate was good, but i dont think it was good enough to win this one.

Vote - Syntax Mastery

Old 02-17-04, 06:39 AM   #12
Soul-Full
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: B4AC 694E

Syntax - Alraedy summed up your beat when u posted it in the beat section. I liked everything but the bassline, i felt it was off. You came wierd as fuck as usuall, flipped this completely diff than anyone else would have.

Phate - I LIKE how you chopped the sample and the melody you created out of it. BUT, your stretched / sped up sample sounds STRETCHED and sped up...or is that just some wierd extremely fast flage you ahve going on it. Cause it sounds bad. The drums are bad, the kick is non-existent and the snare is ... iono.. just not feelin the jazz brush snare on this. And the melody getting loud and Low...not working. If your smaple sounded cleaner (taht flage/stretch effect is killin it), and your drum programming was better, you def had a shot, casue i like how you approached the chop of the melody.

Vote - Syntax

Originally Posted by sdizzle
any song i made with lyrics i didn't have a program to play the beat at the same time i recorded, so any song i made i spit acapella and tried to blend it into the best

Old 02-17-04, 09:14 AM   #13
Phate
Middle Weight

IP: 9E18 D314

haha....yeah, i'll be first to admit the vocal sampling was weak. In fact, I layed sum Canabis vocals over it last night so i could hear it as a full track and I took all the vocal cuts out. sounds much better.

Old 02-17-04, 12:12 PM   #14
Emerge

IP: 2B15 373B

good battle

syntax wins