RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Mastered The Art
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-03, 12:30 AM   #1
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

Passwerd (1-0) vs. xkwest (1-0)

IP: 7D47 BFBD

Read the rules and the schedule.

The sample is posted. Good luck.
Old 11-03-03, 02:50 AM   #2
Orpheus Rex

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 658C 12B2

Check In...

Should Be Good...

Old 11-03-03, 07:12 PM   #3
xkwest

IP: F7BE 971A

checkin' in...

Old 11-04-03, 10:22 PM   #4
xkwest

"beau"

IP: F7BE 971A

yeah... this one was a little hard... i had to delete my first attempt cuz shit was coming out wack... therefore... the 2nd try... produced this joint... enjoy...

"beau" - - lo fi stream
"beau" - - hi fi stream
"beau" - - lo fi download
"beau" - - hi fi download

Old 11-05-03, 02:27 AM   #5
Orpheus Rex

IP: 658C 12B2

Here You Go...

"Never Thought"

http://www.soundclick.com/redalertproductions
^Never Thought^

Old 11-05-03, 02:36 AM   #6
AlcaTrakz
Middle Weight

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 9085 E706

XK west - i dont think the drums fit this at all....that snare sounds like the snare from in living color...lol..the theme song....real early 90's and not really feelin...choppin is good....but i dthink the drums are not goin with this at all...plus that snare sounds like its 45945495 feet in the distance...

passwerd - WAY TO SLOWW....i hope you dont keep the sample liek this..its to slowed down....wow...no...

STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP...

vote - XKwest

Old 11-05-03, 10:20 AM   #7
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

Xkwest - Dope. ye..i might change the beat breaks a bit but other than that i though this was chill for sure. masteful work on the vocal cut.

Passwerd - Not bad. the cut is okay but the problem is that it keeps repeating over and over, which would be tuff to rap over. If u only have the cut at the begining of every 2-4 bars and used other pieces of the track that didn't include vocals to make up an additional melody then this would work. it would also benefit from a harder snare hit.

Vote - Xkwest
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate  
Old 11-05-03, 04:45 PM   #8
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

IP: 586A 10A1

xkwest... I actually like this... it reminds me of house party part 1 for some reason, its real old schoolish... you flipped the shit outta this sample...great. i dont like that snare however... reminds me tooooo much of the bad-side of the old school...the quality. The filte cut on the break is a nice touch... and the way you got the vocal sample repeating to sound like a instrument. Pretty creative all around... just kill that snare...

passwerd - the sample sounds ugly slowed down, your getting a ripple effect... and the instruments cut in awkward at the begining... ok.... i thought i was waiting for the beat to drop, but this is the beat... lesse... the snare is in desperate need of a switch.... the high hat is good... the drums are in need of work... when you play the remaining part of the sample in that break...its off-key.... next time try cutting your samples into perfect loops... and dont go for the obvious as far as sample selection... thats the only real advice i can lend my friend...
good effort...

vote = xkwest
Old 11-05-03, 07:34 PM   #9
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

Passwerd::

I agree, the sample is wayyy to slowed down sounding. It sounds like you pitch shifted it up then time stretched it, which is really unneccesary. You shoulda just left the sample at its original pitch if thats the tempo you wanted. When you let the sample stop looping and you let it play out it goes really offbeat. The snare is kinda weak, and the kick drum sounds like a hiccup. This one needs some work. Good attempt tho, keep elevatin'.

xkwest::

Dope shit as usual. The snare does have a lil too much reverb, but other then that I don't got a problem with it. You flipped the sample nice. The vocals aint out to much to keep someone from rappin' over it. Oooh, it just went in reverse. I'm feelin this. I think this could use some hi-hats tho. Good shit.

Vote - xkwest
Old 11-05-03, 11:09 PM   #10
INsanity
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 7545 1CF5

XKwest:

for some reason the beggining reminded of biggie lol, i however disagree with everybody, i like the old school drums adds a nice up beat feel to the beat. chopping was nice. The little break down at 57 seconds was nice, liked the way everything flowed together very nice work man.

Passwerd:

didnt like the chopping form intro into main beat, and i agree the vocal cut shouldnt be every bar, as well as makin it hard to rap on it takes away from the melodic potential, nice wok though, i dont like hte kicks, they sound kinda cheap but so does everything in lo-fi, one part i didnt like was after the the main part when the beat goes into that part at 1:29 it sounds kinda off, the drums and the melody don t go at that point

Vote----->West

Old 11-06-03, 11:28 PM   #11
MR. LEGEND

IP: 59B4 9E9B

Xk you ill with the drums dog, even tho this sounds a little bobby brownish, it's pretty o k

P-dub-This shit is draggin dawg the sample sounds out of place. The beats sound redundant rather than rhythmic. Like a record is skippin while you on the toilet...and you can't get it so you just let it ride until you can get to it...and it just plays over and over and over and uh oh..is it gonna play through...nope over and over and over..nice attemp tho

Vote XK

Old 11-08-03, 03:33 PM   #12
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

xkwest wins (2-0)

Passwerd (1-1)