RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Mastered The Art
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-03, 11:56 PM   #1
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

Phate (0-0) vs. Mr. Legend (0-0)

IP: 7D47 BFBD

Read the League Rules and the Schedule . . .

I will post the sample on Sunday.

Last edited by Mind Theory : 10-17-03 at 02:11 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Soul Theory  
Old 10-17-03, 01:04 PM   #2
MR. LEGEND

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B944 C9DF

iight, this should be interesting...

Old 10-20-03, 12:29 PM   #3
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

lookin forward....
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate  
Old 10-26-03, 02:39 PM   #4
Phate
Middle Weight

Aight...

Here's mine....intro/beginnin aight nuthin special...get's better for the verse.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/2...productions.htm
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>

Last edited by Phate : 10-26-03 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-26-03, 03:44 PM   #5
MR. LEGEND

IP: C1DA C961

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/ledjyndmusic.htm

There ya go grity & grimey...Nice drop Phate
Yo, I didn't feel like talkin over the beat so no one could steal it so I just dropped 16 on it.

PS I started to make this whole song outta the intro, I could really work with that!

Old 10-26-03, 04:00 PM   #6
Syntax Mastery
Fucking Genius

IP: 586A 10A1

mr legend:

you shouldnt have spit on your joint....

the mic quality is making it hard to determine what the beat quality is like....

from what i can hear... the drums are weak... i dont like the snare at all... sounds to omuch like a click from windows... the overall arrangement is iight tho...

man, you really shouldnt have spit on this...

*turns off*

phate:

mix is very low... dont like the clap...

saxophone sample is awkward for some reason, with that one rolling piano sample... its like your not exactly sure what kinda mood your trying to capture on this... its real blurred... i cant really get a handle on this...

weres the bassline? the drums are iight... could be turned up...

vote = tie

i honestly cant decided on which...

mr legend - 1
phate - 1
Old 10-26-03, 04:14 PM   #7
Phate
Middle Weight

thanks...for the vote n the feeds syntax. ye, added the sax last minute just to have sumthin extra.

nice beat legend....different style, is coo. u do sumthin to u'r voice, sound higher than usual.

Last edited by Phate : 10-26-03 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-26-03, 05:14 PM   #8
INsanity
Light Weight

IP: 93D1 B806

Phate:

The sax sounded tuff, but not with the piano, it just didnt go, i didnt like that snare after the clap, it was a good rythm but not for this sample. I hated the dissonance before it went to the cutt off echo thing. Overall i dont really think the beat went together all to well, nothing really mixed together well not feelin it sorry. The rythm between the sax and piano didnt sound right either.

Mr. Legend:

didnt like the intro, the snare sounds whack and cheap. however, the piano sounds pretty sick up untill tha survivor pan flute thingy, it gets kinda weak round there but gets better once the piano kicks in, i agree that u shouldn't have droped a verse on this but on a lighter note the lyrics were deep.

vote-------->Legend

Old 10-27-03, 10:43 AM   #9
MR. LEGEND

IP: B944 C9DF

Quote:
Originally posted by Phate
thanks...for the vote n the feeds syntax. ye, added the sax last minute just to have sumthin extra.

nice beat legend....different style, is coo. u do sumthin to u'r voice, sound higher than usual.

Yeah, I originally recorded that verse at a slower tempo, so I just dropped it on there, didn't even touch it. I liked it better.

Also just for clarification, the "snare" is a rimshot, not a mouse click! LOL

Old 10-28-03, 01:37 AM   #10
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

Phate . . .

The first time I listened to your beat I hated it and I wanted to shoot you in the head . . .

. . . but on the third time I listened to it I don't know what the hell happened cause somethin switched and I started lovin it, lmao. Reminds me of some crazy El-P shit. That saxophone sample was sooo misused, but it came out soundin lovely in my ears. I cant stop listenin to it lol. If I was judgin this on technical shit, I would day its not to great, but I kinda enjoyed listening to a beat that didnt sound all "perfect" for once. I like hearin different shit. Good drop lol.

Mr. Legend . . .

Thats sick how you flipped the part from the end of the other song at the beginning of the sample. You did a good job of flippin a different part of the piano piece too. I cannot make out much from your beat tho behind your vocals. The quality of your vocals is horrible. Sounds like your rhymin through a $5 megaphone. That "windows click" has gotta go. If you were gonna use it as a snare you should have at least made it lay behind the instruments more.

This is a hard one to vote on so Ima break it down. . .

Creativity - Tie
Sample Flippin - Legend
Drums - Phate
Mixing/Quality - Phate
Rappabilty - Legend (lol @ me makin up words)
Interestingness - Phate (lmao)

Vote - Phate

(That rimshot/mouse-click and the vocals lost it for you Legend . . .)
Old 10-30-03, 05:20 PM   #11
AlcaTrakz
Middle Weight

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 9085 E706

Phate - The sax is a good idea...but its jsut not workin with the piano to me....maybe im crazy....and the clap is a bad choice when goin with an underground type feel...just never sounds right with grimey shit.

Mr. Legend - You really have the worlds worst quality....and you cant spit that well.....i cant hear the damn beat

vote - phate...casue i can hear his beat

simply put

Old 11-01-03, 09:30 PM   #12
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

Phate wins (1-0)

Legend (0-1)