RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance > Audio Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-06, 12:21 PM   #1
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
Skills Of The Trade (NYC heads only)

IP: F408 EB1A

aiight I'm on a mailing list for some shit and got this information in my e-mail today...didn't know if I should post it or not because I know that nobody on boards can really afford to go to it, but I figured I'd give you all the news and even if you can't be in it, make yourself available to be in that area cuz you never know who you can run into:

New York City
October 6th, 7th, & 8th, 2006
NYC Seminar and Conference Center
71 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10010

Skillz of the Trade is a hip hop production seminar that educates would be producers on the nuances of being a well polished producer within the genre of hip hop. Attendees are educated within a "hands-on" environment by actual producers who have worked with Wu-Tang, Roc-a-fella Records, Def Jam, Jive, Motown and Grammy award winning mastering engineer Don Grossinger. It is your opportunity to learn and network with some of the best in the business. Some of the topics that will be addressed are music production, creative sampling techniques, the best equipment to use, where to get your sounds, creating a signature sound, sampling laws, music theory, how to get in the door, mixing, mastering and so much more.

Seminar Course
How to produce hip hop tracks (multiple styles) * How to tune your drums * How to add thumping baselines * Creative sampling * How to remove music * How to remove vocals * How to chop samples * How to deal with producer's block * How to give your tracks professional polish * Mixing * Mastering and so much more!

Events
* Welcoming Party
* King of the Ring Beat Battle - Compete with other registrants to win the Open Labs MIKO portable work center.

***Price: $795.00***
Includes Everything!

At The Conference
Exhibitor's Hall - Take a look at some of the products on themarket that are changing how we make music.
Listener's Lounge - Play your music for some of the major's top A&R representatives and have an opportunity to networkwith them.
Producer's Seminar - Learn from and meet some of the industry's leading producers and engineers.
Panel Discussions - Learn how to promote yourself, how to promote your music, how to create your company, how to distribute your product yourself
Giveaways

Panelists
Sadiiq – Sadiiq is the Executive Vice President of WuTang and previous worked with the legendary Bomb Squad of Ice Cube and Public Enemy fame in addition to holding several A&R positions and being the personal manager of Inspectah Deck of WuTang.

Heatmakerz – The Heatmakerz are known for their hard hitting platinum beats. The Bronx based superstar production crew consists of Rsonist, Weatherman, and Thrilla. They have produced hits for Fat Joe, Cam'Ron, Diplomats, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Junior Mafia, M.O.P, CNN, Lil Flip, Twista, and I-20 of Ludacris DTP Label.

Wonder Arillo - Engineer, T.I.: "U Don't Know Me", "Motivation" LUDACRIS: "2 Miles an Hour" BOYZ N DA HOOD: "Don't Put Ya Hands On Me" Producer/Engineer T.I.: "What You Know".

Terrance Fleming – Terrance Fleming is a well respected producer who has worked with artists from Universal Records, Jive Records, Def Jam , and Black Collar Entertainment. He also runs www.todaysbeats.com an instructional site for aspiring music producers.

Cadinze – Cadinze is an engineer and producer for Black Collar Entertainment and WuTang Clan who has been in Scratch Magazine and has written articles on music production for Real-Hip Hop Magazine as well as others. He is also a Hip Hop artist and is the author of the Hip Hop Producers Bible and a technical reviewer and evaluator for many of the pro audio products on the market today.

Don Grossinger - Don Grossinger is passionate about mastering. He has mastered CDs and records that have sold tens of millions of copies in all styles of music. His experience encompasses 25 years of mastering. Work Don has participated in has charted on almost all Billboard Magazine's charts. He has won RIAA Gold and Platinum Record awards and has mastered Grammy Award winning albums and singles. Among his clients have been Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, Tears For Fears, Sade, Tony Bennett, Metallica, Elvis Costello, The Kronos String Quartet, The Grateful Dead, Public Enemy, Mariah Carey, Lou Reed and Journey among many others.

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote