RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-05, 04:08 AM   #1
Status
Ask About Me

Text Record: 72-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
dooms day

IP: 0D72 83D3

yo oyou seem to know alot about mics so i was wondering if you can tell me if my mic is a good one

i got a MXL 2001 gold diaphragm condenser mic

is that a good one?
Old 09-28-05, 04:34 AM   #2
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: E029 FF4E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status
yo oyou seem to know alot about mics so i was wondering if you can tell me if my mic is a good one

i got a MXL 2001 gold diaphragm condenser mic

is that a good one?

hmmm... what's your voice like and can you show me a Frequency Response Chart from it?

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-05, 04:40 AM   #3
Status
Ask About Me

shit my vioce isnt hella deep or hella hi pitched some where in between..i doubt that helps

and i cant find the box for it but it says UNI-DIRECTIONAL

not sure what it means but i got it on sale for $69 but the orignal price was $169 so i thought i was getting a good deal and bought it, it sounds good everyone says i got good qaulity but i just wanna know if its an actual good mic so when im talking to "big" poeple in this bussiness like managers and shit and local artist i can tel them i got good shit or wack shit ya feel
Old 09-28-05, 04:45 AM   #4
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

I find any mic works, if your running it thru a pre amp an your recording gear and production team are solid.
Old 09-28-05, 04:51 AM   #5
Status
Ask About Me

word i got a Euro Rack Ub802 pre amp it was the cheapest one they had, i got it at the players price for $50 out the door, word.....it works pretty good but my cord is hella old some 1980's looking like cord i found it outside a school a long time ago and remebered i had it, lol dopeness, it still works like new, lol
but if you peep myu songs my qaulity sounds professional, word
Old 09-28-05, 06:40 AM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Dawg, Doomsday doesn't know shit about anything...had you noticed, he's also a bio-chemist, an expert on Cosmic string-theory, a molecular biologist, psychologist, auto mechanic, sound engineer, and movie director.

I hate know-it-all niggas...cuz usually, they don't know a COT damn thing...If u wanna know about mics, I suggest you go here

WWW.SWEETWATER.COM

^^EXPERTS...Excellent web site...Excellent customer service...da niggas basically come out to ur house and set the mic up for u and will tell u everything u need to know

P.S. I'm exaggerating on the set the mic up part. But, they will call you often and ask how you and the mic are doing.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-05, 11:27 AM   #7
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: E3CA 7CA2

Quote:
word i got a Euro Rack Ub802 pre amp it was the cheapest one they had, i got it at the players price for $50 out the door, word.....it works pretty good but my cord is hella old some 1980's looking like cord i found it outside a school a long time ago and remebered i had it, lol dopeness, it still works like new, lol
but if you peep myu songs my qaulity sounds professional, word

aye bitch, whassup wit ur studio? lol...when we bout to do something? imma come over some day and grace ur mic wit some REAL talent!!!!
Old 09-28-05, 12:21 PM   #8
Status
Ask About Me

IP: 50BC BA80

The Studio is at my cousisns house, different mic...a condenser mic, a actual reall good cable, we use an MBOX as a pre amp, MBOX=dopeness defind, our recoridng program is pro tools,THE SAME SHIT MAc DRE USED and we got 3 turntables, a motif beat machine, a emu beat machine, a AKIA not sur eon spelling, beat mahine, umm we are making a "real" booth rather than this cheap one we put together *pimped out my boys walk in closet* umm what else, damn im hella tired havent been to sleep yet and l aint done with himework, im about to drop out of school, cant think of any thing else....

but word to the studio we got, yup im dope
Old 09-28-05, 09:33 PM   #9
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
shit my vioce isnt hella deep or hella hi pitched some where in between..i doubt that helps

and i cant find the box for it but it says UNI-DIRECTIONAL

not sure what it means but i got it on sale for $69 but the orignal price was $169 so i thought i was getting a good deal and bought it, it sounds good everyone says i got good qaulity but i just wanna know if its an actual good mic so when im talking to "big" poeple in this bussiness like managers and shit and local artist i can tel them i got good shit or wack shit ya feel

That's cool. What make and model mic is it? No sense reccomending a mic tht yo may already be able to work with. You have a link to any audios as well?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-05, 11:13 PM   #10
Status
Ask About Me

IP: 3DCF 9F29

i dont feel like getting a link but all my songs are at the top of the page in the songs forum
Old 09-29-05, 04:37 AM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
i dont feel like getting a link but all my songs are at the top of the page in the songs forum

If you don't feel like getting it to help your self imagine how I feel.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.