RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-07, 05:53 PM   #16
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 40C2 F668

I said "The south is where hip hop is at" a month ago.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 06:00 PM   #17
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: DAD1 8D50

NZ is were hip hop is at right now.
Old 01-17-07, 10:07 AM   #18
O//^\\EGA
Flyweight

Text Record: 4-0
IP: 2DA9 8083

Hip hop is in the south?????? OMG....this nigga had to be high....

u know what i havent seen anyone identify what hes sayin in general so ima say

hes basically sayin that the south is the shyt cuz they sucked his dick royally in his time bein down there......and they sucked the next old school artist's dick while THEY were down there......
the whole carry the torch i do agree with, i dont think that no ones earnin it anymore....no one wants to prove themselves and shyt i mean for some u cant blame em cuz u got record companies in the equation that would eleminate that tradition of carryin the torch, so now u got artists comin out that identify hip hop for what it is, but the record company aint gonna be like "o yea by the way did u ummmmm get a torch from any legends? i mean this is ur 3rd solo album and umm it was in the contract"

to say the south is hip hop just cuz they sucked ur dick is just ignorant........now im not sayin the south aint hip hop at all.....they spit about their culture just as well as westcoast does and the north and midwest does......and naw hip hop aint strictly just lyricism......thats just a component that compliements the exertion and delivery of life and thought on wax.......

as far as that hip hop is dead bullshyt......i DEF wouldnt say its dead......i think its just a lil sick right now......corrupted and its gonna be corrupted due to the fans.....its really the fans and the industry....(like duuuuh) cuz the average person who just listens is stupid as fuck ...sorry to say

and thats my 2 cents hate it or love it

ps....LL did not beat canibus.....he just said one line that hit ....KRS contradicts himself sometimes, thats what happens when u spit before u think u make dumb comments like "LL Cool J beat Canibus"
Old 01-17-07, 12:15 PM   #19
-Zone Out-
Still Sick

Text Record: 17-8
IP: 2143 04F1

^what?
LL Cool J DID rip Canibus
I dont know what track you heard
but LL went off on that nigga
Send a message via AIM to -Zone Out-   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-07, 12:19 AM   #20
So.Rell
Mic Jordan

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 469C D737

I admitt the south is taking over, the only thing I must say about the south is this damn snap and dance music has got to stop I mean its good for the clubs but the video's and radio don't need to play that shit...

Get the Fuck out the Ring!
"When the LP Rolls Out..
The Source will be Forced to make the Quotables a Three page Fold Out" - Kno of Cunninlynguists.
Send a message via AIM to So.Rell   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 07:23 AM   #21
Gen-o-Tonik
New to RV

IP: 2630 42B1

Quote:
Originally Posted by So.Rell
I admitt the south is taking over, the only thing I must say about the south is this damn snap and dance music has got to stop I mean its good for the clubs but the video's and radio don't need to play that shit...

i meen, because thass all they got.. dance music.. t i jeezy and wayne n nem's the only ppl really holdin it down for the south.. but everybody else cant thinka nuthin else better to come up with then that dance shyt.. and its funni cuz, how is that hip hop in the first place?.. i meen, walk it out is a good song.. so is two step.. and snap your fingers.. and lean wit it.. but c'mon.. lol, just cuz u made a good dance song your whole album is creditable??.. nah but u cant say the resta the album is weak cuz the dance song mighta hit top 5 in the charts.. and mosta time it dont b weak.. but let wun of they other songs a been they first single.. they probably wouldnt make it.. just like rappers everywhere else doin other shyt wit they rhymes and cant get on.. like, me for instance.. lol

Official King of the Cypher.. Who wants to prove me wrong??

Send a message via Yahoo to Gen-o-Tonik   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 07:27 AM   #22
GC
Fah-Q

IP: B374 A30A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear Kaughn
sometimes you internet nerds can really be dumb.......hip hop is not dead...and quit hating on the south becuase you don't like some of the artist....fuck go listen to garth brooks and faith hill ya wasteheads

HIP HOP IS NOT DEAD

lmao

if we dont want to listen to music from the south the why would we listen to them
Old 01-27-07, 07:32 AM   #23
Gen-o-Tonik
New to RV

IP: 2630 42B1

.. good shit.. lol

Official King of the Cypher.. Who wants to prove me wrong??

Send a message via Yahoo to Gen-o-Tonik   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 12:31 PM   #24
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: 53B1 A5EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC
lmao

if we dont want to listen to music from the south the why would we listen to them

obviously i was talking hip hop in the south..............ass
Old 01-27-07, 01:10 PM   #25
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 21E7 CDB9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-o-Tonik
i meen, because thass all they got.. dance music.. t i jeezy and wayne n nem's the only ppl really holdin it down for the south.. but everybody else cant thinka nuthin else better to come up with then that dance shyt.. and its funni cuz, how is that hip hop in the first place?.. i meen, walk it out is a good song.. so is two step.. and snap your fingers.. and lean wit it.. but c'mon.. lol, just cuz u made a good dance song your whole album is creditable??.. nah but u cant say the resta the album is weak cuz the dance song mighta hit top 5 in the charts.. and mosta time it dont b weak.. but let wun of they other songs a been they first single.. they probably wouldnt make it.. just like rappers everywhere else doin other shyt wit they rhymes and cant get on.. like, me for instance.. lol

That's pretty ignorant man.....lol

The South has artists like Ludacris, Outkast, Missy Elliot......I can keep going, but I won't. They got their share of really good artists, but all you hear on the radio is the mindless bullshit.

I say.....if you want a second album that won't flop, then don't sell out. Be yourself, cause if people don't like you for you, then you're not the one they love, the industry is
Old 01-29-07, 07:01 AM   #26
Blackmage
Is F'in Bored

Text Record: 8-12
Audio Record: 5-5
IP: CE53 B16B

^^^First intelligent post......

KRS - ONE is an icon yes his opinion matters

Who won the battle between LL and Canibus is all on what you look for in a battle, same as who won between 50 and jada, lyrically jada destroyed 50 but i hear less....in tune with lyrics lets say, people arguing that 50 "put him on blast"....whatever

The south to me is MAINLY garbage, but you have to admit that the south artists that actually ARE good, fucking ripped up the game. Missy elliot and outcast are fucking borderline hip hop revoloutionary to me, the first to take new stances not just in hip hop but in life if you listen to why they make their music -look it up instead of trying to argue about how unrevoloutionary they are- BUT THE TRUTH REMAINS the majority of the south is garbage.
Then again that's just because that's not what i'm into but who am I to dictate the world right. If you like the mike jones, etc. Be my guest just don't listen to it around me.

As for hiphop being dead, people think hip hop is what...3 different elements: rap, breaking, and dj...ing. To me all fucking 3 have been commercialized to death. To me hip hop is staying fresh because hip hop is about self expression, krumping for example is new hip hop. Proved to me the other day when a friend of mine said, "Krumping is a sad ass stupid version of breaking, it's just like...full body convulsions it's retarded" which is what they said about breaking at first...it won't last. Now it's a sub culture. But to me the original 3 elements are dead. Rap is at an all time low, breaking is at an all time low and dj...ing (is that the way to say it?) is on the decline.

HIP HOP IS NOT HOWEVER. Hip hop was originally about not focusing on what we as people didn't have, but what we did have and an analyzation of our lives. So since i am hip hop i'm moving on with hip hop. Isn't hip hop about creation and self expression. So instead of dwelling on what we're losing, why shouldn't we all try looking up for our crowded dinner table for the next make shift dinner table and helping rebuild hip hop in a new generation. By the time the vultures are finished picking at the last table, me ebrics and enygma will be moving on to the next table and the straglers behind us can have those scraps whilst we keep on building hip hop just in front of them and letting the remains crumble on their heads while ours stay in the air.

THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER LONG ASS DRAWN OUT POST BY BLACKMAGE
HAVE A NICE DAY

Knowledge is Power, Stop being Weak

The Legend of Blackmage
Featuring such heads as...Tha Q, 9th degree, Enygma,The green team, Big J and probably you! SO DON'T SLEEP!

Coming soon to a soundclick near you...

........Shit.....Nigga.......
Old 01-29-07, 08:37 AM   #27
So.Rell
Mic Jordan

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 46A7 AC75

Andre 3 Stacks lol, Wayne, T.I., Jeezy and Ludacris (whether you like him or not) Are the only southern rappers worthy of being called Hip-Hop Artist...I wouldn't really call Missy Elliot southern cause if that's the case you would have to throw Clipse in there and they are Beast...

But I just noticed the reason why dance music is gettin so big is because the Labels are asking for more commercial music and when people think of commercial in the south all they can think of is dance music, I think it's because the South is full of the most uncreative people you'll ever meet, I'm eye witness i used to rap with a bunch of them and it was nothing but Crunk and Dance songs thats why I dipped they are whack...I mean what happened to songs with a message, Ludacris' "Runaway Love" that's a message and a hit, Ludacris' "Slap," everybody has a bad day so many people can relate to this song...I'm liking Wayne's M.O.B. campaign, most hustler's go by this motto and some times I just feel like saying Fuck Bitches, then my dick starts talkin lol. T.I. is coming different lil his next release is going to be T.I. vs. T.I.P. sure Cassidy did this already, but Tip is dedicating a whole CD to this so it should be interesting...And of course Jeezy the street spokesman not much to say about him he does him and the streets love him and thats what Hip-Hop came from, The Streets....We all know Andre 3000 is a king of creativity, "Hollywood Divorce" might just be a classic, his Love Below/Speakerboxx went diamond, thats a surprise, it because he had a lot of good message songs andit sells, so why do we resort to dance music just to sell records, Most of the south bullshits but the ones who are keeping Hip-Hop alive need to be noticed and rewarded.

Get the Fuck out the Ring!
"When the LP Rolls Out..
The Source will be Forced to make the Quotables a Three page Fold Out" - Kno of Cunninlynguists.
Send a message via AIM to So.Rell   Reply With Quote