RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-06, 01:44 PM   #46
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 6602 AC7B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis
I remember Serbness bring up Jesus not being crucified on the cross but on a
tree and everyone jumped on his nuts !! telling him to STFU,,...

I can see how it could be used as a Metaphor, when his hands and feet where
nailed to the tree/cross he was suspended in the air *hanged up* as Q said
like a picture.

Why would the Bible use a metaphor in discussing how their savior was killed? If that's the case, you could argue that EVERYTHING in the bible is a metaphor and open for interpretation, like th10 commandments, the story of creation, God is a metaphor, and on and on.

That's the convenient side-step for those who don't want to know any answers and they don't want ot ask any questions. They're happy being brainwashed with bullshit.

More power to em.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 06:41 PM   #47
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 8262 49AE

People told Serbness to stfu because he was talking about Jesus being possessed by demons or something.
Old 03-30-06, 09:20 PM   #48
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^^that's nice, but I dont' see what serbness has to do with anything.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 09:20 PM   #49
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 0825 899A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
but you asking questions about math isn't nit picking? me doing the same with the bible is?

That's called a "double Standard" my friend. Try agian.

Why would you be commenting on your little cousins at he end of a post on RV where you talk about people who are non-believers? Odds of that seem mighty slim IMO.

And why would your location bother me. Why would I give a shit? lmao. That represents you, why would I care? lol.

3. apple. Cmon man, these are basic questions. Why don't I ask you questins on things that are in the bible, like Jesus real birthday. What was Jesu's real name. What did Jesus do for the first 30-something years of his life that the bible dosen't go into detail about. Answer those, then we'll talk.

You're talking about SLANG which is barely "english" to begin with. If somebody told you "my grandfather was killed by someone hanging him in a tree" you'd IMMEDIATELY know exactly what they meant. You wouldn't say "damn son, they crucified him??". They'd be lookin at you like "WTF is this dude on??"

Ok if it was such a basic question then how come you got it wrong. They do not name the type of fruit. It just forbidden fruit god told them not to eat. So plz stop acting like you know everything. You may know somethings but not everything. And in case your trying to figure how many wise men there is. It dosent say anything about how many there is.

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 09:23 PM   #50
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 0825 899A

Also i believe the bible was written before lynching or hanging people by their neck was ever even though of. And lyching were not done back in those days if i can remember my history correctly. So how can jesus be hung by his neck if the punishment was never even thought before.

Project List

The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 12:04 AM   #51
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stylez
Ok if it was such a basic question then how come you got it wrong. They do not name the type of fruit. It just forbidden fruit god told them not to eat. So plz stop acting like you know everything. You may know somethings but not everything. And in case your trying to figure how many wise men there is. It dosent say anything about how many there is.

You're aboslutely right. Luckily for me, my scope of information is a lot wider that "everythig in my life is contained in the bible". Read and you will see that spanish history has recorded these KINGS (not bums) in their history, and have a tomb for them. Also read this:

Quote:
Magi, or Three Kings, men who came from the East to adore the newborn Jesus. Mat. 2. They were the first to tell Herod of the birth. A star (the Star of Bethlehem) had been a sign for them. Christian tradition has elaborated the biblical account; it has set their number as three, perhaps from their gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh; it has called them kings, perhaps from Ps. 72.10,11 and Isa. 49.7,23 considered as prophecies; and it has given them names, Caspar or Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthazar. They are called sometimes the Three Kings of Cologne because there is a great shrine to them in the cathedral at Cologne. The feast of the Epiphany commemorates their visit. In art the visit is called the Adoration of the Magi.

The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. Copyright © 2001-05 Columbia University Press.

^^Can you bring a more convincing argument for your point than this? No? aww...ok then.

Now we're gonna play the "mm..mmaybe the Encyclopedia is Lying..." game.

Quote:
Also i believe the bible was written before lynching or hanging people by their neck was ever even though of. And lyching were not done back in those days if i can remember my history correctly. So how can jesus be hung by his neck if the punishment was never even thought before.

"if" and "I believe" are what your argument revolves on lmao. You dont' know jack shit son. You don't think people knew how to strangle somebody with their own weight? That shit was probably like..the first recorded suicide before men had blades and shit lmao, wtf you think people are, neanderthals?

It ain't liek you're talking about being shit with a laser son. You're talking about a damn rope lmao.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-31-06, 12:26 AM   #52
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 3240 794D

The information about the Three Kings could be right. Cuz it dosent exactly say how many. People have come to the conclusion that there are 3 kings that came to see baby Jesus. Even once i beleive that there was three kings. And yes i do beleive people knew how to strangle people by they're weight. And now that i think about it. I forgot the name butsomeone did Hang themselves from tree in a bible allthought im pretty sure it was not Jesus. But it was someone close to Jesus possibely one of his deciples. Do not quote me on this cuz im not 100 % sure. It may be the guy that hung himself that was close to Jesus that your talking about. I will have to look it up.

Project List

The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Old 03-31-06, 12:33 AM   #53
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
The information about the Three Kings could be right. Cuz it dosent exactly say how many. People have come to the conclusion that there are 3 kings that came to see baby Jesus. Even once i beleive that there was three kings. And yes i do beleive people knew how to strangle people by they're weight. And now that i think about it. I forgot the name butsomeone did Hang themselves from tree in a bible allthought im pretty sure it was not Jesus. But it was someone close to Jesus possibely one of his deciples. Do not quote me on this cuz im not 100 % sure. It may be the guy that hung himself that was close to Jesus that your talking about. I will have to look it up.

What are you talking about, I'm not saying anybody close to Jesus hung themself lmao. I'm talking about hangings in history.

Damn, I know somebody don't know what they're talkin about when they cant' even remember their damn argument lmao

but keep on poring those "ifs" and "I think" and "I'm not sure" and "If I remember correctly"'s on there man.

But come through with some facts that you researched more than one location and took the first counter argument/explaination as fact. I'm a few steps further than that lol. "Layers beneath layers" son.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 03-31-06 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-31-06, 12:56 AM   #54
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 3240 794D

Im talking about your beginning argument talking about Jesus Hanging himself from tree. And why are you pointing out the obvious. I even said i was not a 100% sure and i need to go back and look up on it some more. I also said i did not know everything about the bible and Im only a christian that dosent study the bible but take heed on its information and lessons. But I am sure Jesus Did Not( and you can quote me on this) Did not hang himself from a tree. Yesterday I asked My pastor that is highly annointed in the word of the bible and a few of his staff in the pull pit, and other church members and who study the bible that are in bible study classes as well as the teacher of the bible class. All have said that Jesus was not hung from the tree but was hung from the cross. The crosses you see of today are romanticized versions of the actual cross. The Cross indeed was a tree that has been shaped up in the form of a cross with heavy thick branches. And was nailed to the cross(shaped up tree) and hung there. I showed my Pastor the conversation and even he says you are still miss interpreting the information. And says that you need to speak with your pastor about it instead of argueing with people on rap website about your subject. And if you still fail to see it then you are blind. You cannot show a blindman the world and you can not tell one that is deaf the truth. So pretty much there is no point in really arguing your origial argument with you. Either your accept the information or you dont. Plain and simple. Either this thread was ment for you to find answers to a question or it was ment for bible bashing. Your choice.

Project List

The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Old 03-31-06, 01:07 AM   #55
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Im talking about your beginning argument talking about Jesus Hanging himself from tree. And why are you pointing out the obvious. I even said i was not a 100% sure and i need to go back and look up on it some more. I also said i did not know everything about the bible and Im only a christian that dosent study the bible but take heed on its information and lessons. But I am sure Jesus Did Not( and you can quote me on this) Did not hang himself from a tree. Yesterday I asked My pastor that is highly annointed in the word of the bible and a few of his staff in the pull pit, and other church members and who study the bible that are in bible study classes as well as the teacher of the bible class. All have said that Jesus was not hung from the tree but was hung from the cross. The crosses you see of today are romanticized versions of the actual cross. The Cross indeed was a tree that has been shaped up in the form of a cross with heavy thick branches. And was nailed to the cross(shaped up tree) and hung there. I showed my Pastor the conversation and even he says you are still miss interpreting the information. And says that you need to speak with your pastor about it instead of argueing with people on rap website about your subject. And if you still fail to see it then you are blind. You cannot show a blindman the world and you can not tell one that is deaf the truth. So pretty much there is no point in really arguing your origial argument with you. Either your accept the information or you dont. Plain and simple. Either this thread was ment for you to find answers to a question or it was ment for bible bashing. Your choice.

"The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree."

You're arguing me about the exact same thing I said since I started this thread.

And for the record, your pastor can SAAAAAYYYYYYYYY what ever he'd like. Tell him to refference some passages we can R-E-A-D as independant people for our selves, instead of going to the brainwashing center to listen to more TALK.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-31-06, 01:26 AM   #56
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

BTW, I'll humor you and say that the the cross is a tree - The bible states that jesus carried this cross through the town. You're telling me that he carried a TREE big enough to hold him high above in the air?

I'm not trying to prove one side or another. In fact, you could argue one and I will still show you the supporting arguments of the other side to consider. The point is that they contradict, as we can all see, since we all have conflicting points of views.

Therefore the bible can not possibly be 100% true.

But seperate from that it's..still funny that you're CONVINCED that the cross was a tree - though the Bible dosent' ever say that. Wait, weren't you just saying that people run off on a tangent and believe information that the Bible never states, jsut because other people perpetuate it, like the amount of wise men argument you just made a few posts up?

Now THAT'S "Irony" lmao.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-31-06, 02:05 PM   #57
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

There is information other than the bible apon the events that has happened in the bible. Over thousands of documents. In Rome historical facts, egypt, its not just in the bible.

Project List

The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Old 03-31-06, 02:08 PM   #58
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

But if you beleive the bible current day edition is not 100% true and some it has been altered. Then yes i do agree with you. i have a bible from 1967. And It says things that are hard to understand but a lil bit different from todays bible refferences.

Project List

The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Old 03-31-06, 05:10 PM   #59
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Re-read my last post.

yay.

Once again man, The Bible or ANY religious book does not contain "all the answers". Unless you don't ask questions.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-31-06, 05:31 PM   #60
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

I never really thought much of it... I mean, the cross is made of wood from a tree, and he hung on it.

But I guess that's what everyone else has been saying. The bible has a lot of contradictions and wierd things in it, but I dont think this is one of them.

Its like if I made a thread saying "In the bible, it says jesus was a man... BUT! The bible also refers to jesus as a lamb. So is jesus a lamb, or a man?"

Some things you pick at, but other things you just kind of have to go "oh yeah" and give it a bit of leeway because of language barriers and other references etc.