RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-06, 03:05 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
Crucified on a Cross?

IP: 6602 AC7B

The "Bible" states that Jesus was crucified on a cross. But it also states that he was hung from a tree.

Acts 30-31
30The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.

so what gives?

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-06, 03:13 PM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Galatians 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

^^^Paul references an old testament scripture that was a prophetic foreshadowing of Jesus' crucifixion. Being nailed to a cross was a symbol of being guilty of some crime, or wrong doing. Jesus' death was atonement for mankind's sin. So, dying on the cross represented the "crimes of sin" man had committed.

The wood used was from the dogwood tree. Also, when Jesus and others were nailed to the cross, their appendages were also tied to it. Jesus would have been hung with his arms above his head.

There is no contradiction here, just reaffirmation of what scripture says. But, a bible bashing pagan won't see it that way, will they?

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-06, 03:17 PM   #3
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^^So you're saying that Jesus was cursed since he was hung from a tree? Your own Bible says this, no? Actually, yeah, you quoted it right here:

Quote:
Galatians 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree

which coincides with:

Quote:
Acts 30

The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree.

Now the Bible is saying that Jesus is cursed?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-06, 03:19 PM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

YES...Jesus became a curse for us by dying on that cross...I bet you don't know what happened after he breathed his last breath on the cross, validating what Galatians 3:13 said. Jesus died for a purpose. It's deeper than what type of wood he hung from. Atonement had to be made. Now, I'm asking you, do you know what happened the MOMENT he "gave up the ghost"?
Old 03-29-06, 03:32 PM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Hold up lmao, now you're saying that the moment that Jesus died that he became a curse for humanity??? I could have sworn that's what you meant whne you said this: "YES...Jesus became a curse for us by dying on that cross"

That's funny, because the bible says tht Jesus died for your sins so that your slate would be wiped clean, which completely contradicts with "Jesus becoming a curse" like you just said.

And speculating on what you read happened after Jesus died on the cross is still completely irelevant to him dying by being hung from a tree. So which is it?

I KNOW you're not trying to say he was hung from a tree, then ressurected him self, then died on the cross and ressurected himself AGAIN right??

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-29-06, 03:38 PM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Hold up lmao, now you're saying that the moment that Jesus died that he became a curse for humanity??? I could have sworn that's what you meant whne you said this: "YES...Jesus became a curse for us by dying on that cross"

That's funny, because the bible says tht Jesus died for your sins so that your slate would be wiped clean, which completely contradicts with "Jesus becoming a curse" like you just said.

And speculating on what you read happened after Jesus died on the cross is still completely irelevant to him dying by being hung from a tree. So which is it?

I KNOW you're not trying to say he was hung from a tree, then ressurected him self, then died on the cross and ressurected himself AGAIN right??

Ahhhh...No no no...I didn't say he "became a curse" the moment he "died." I'm saying that Christ became a curse for mankind by being crucified in the first place. As Galatians 3:13 states, "cursed is everyone that hangs from a tree." And, what happened after Christ breathed his last breath is important to establishing his mission for coming and dying in the first place. Remember, being crucified meant that you were "guilty" of a crime. And, knowing that Jesus was innocent, that's supports the scriptures' assertions that he became "a curse" for us, dying in our place. We're the guilty ones because of sin. His death represented atonement for that sin. And, I'm not talking about being resurrected. That was a few days later. So, again, I ask you. What happened, in the spirit realm, the moment Christ "yielded the ghost"?

Old 03-29-06, 04:00 PM   #7
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: F408 EB1A

dammit you rap, you know what metaphors and symbolism are, take a hint lol

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-06, 04:02 PM   #8
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: DD80 C79E

God damnit, here we go again.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 03-29-06, 04:13 PM   #9
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
Ahhhh...No no no...I didn't say he "became a curse" the moment he "died." I'm saying that Christ became a curse for mankind by being crucified in the first place. As Galatians 3:13 states, "cursed is everyone that hangs from a tree." And, what happened after Christ breathed his last breath is important to establishing his mission for coming and dying in the first place. Remember, being crucified meant that you were "guilty" of a crime. And, knowing that Jesus was innocent, that's supports the scriptures' assertions that he became "a curse" for us, dying in our place. We're the guilty ones because of sin. His death represented atonement for that sin. And, I'm not talking about being resurrected. That was a few days later. So, again, I ask you. What happened, in the spirit realm, the moment Christ "yielded the ghost"?

Bro according to your Bible, Jesus was crucified and died on the cross, then his corpse was taken down, cleaned, and buried in a cave where he came back to life 3 days later, so what the FUCK are you talking about??

Now you're saying that because jesus was crucified and died on the cross he became a curse for humanity? HOW? Youre quoting Galatians 3:13 which discusses being hanged - which has absolutely nothign to do with crucifiction what so ever, so WTF are you talking about???

Or are you saying he didn't REALLY die on the cross and that the Bible is lying.

son you're over the deep end. And still don't answer WTF is up with the Bible saying that Jesus died from being hanged. You're trying to connect two events (jesus dying by hanging vs. jesus dying by crucifiction) that both contrast one another, so of course what you're saying dosen't make ANY sense.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-29-06, 04:27 PM   #10
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 8262 49AE

Hanging from a tree, being impaled to a tree, whatever. Norse mythology says Odin sacrificed himself to himself, god to god, to gain the power of the runes...and Jesus sacrificed himself so he could give us power to repent...and both hung for the sake of the continuation of the world, Odin's sacrifice for the runes to ward off the Ragnarok as long as he could.

Are you asking if he hanged, as if he had a noose around his neck? Or as if he was impaled onto a cross? Don't quote me on this, but I've read the original was written in aramaic and the exact thought of whether he hung on a cross or a tree is disputed...whatever.
Old 03-29-06, 04:31 PM   #11
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Bro according to your Bible, Jesus was crucified and died on the cross, then his corpse was taken down, cleaned, and buried in a cave where he came back to life 3 days later, so what the FUCK are you talking about??

Now you're saying that because jesus was crucified and died on the cross he became a curse for humanity? HOW? Youre quoting Galatians 3:13 which discusses being hanged - which has absolutely nothign to do with crucifiction what so ever, so WTF are you talking about???

Or are you saying he didn't REALLY die on the cross and that the Bible is lying.

son you're over the deep end. And still don't answer WTF is up with the Bible saying that Jesus died from being hanged. You're trying to connect two events (jesus dying by hanging vs. jesus dying by crucifiction) that both contrast one another, so of course what you're saying dosen't make ANY sense.

Semantics...What's funny is, the bible tells believers to avoid foolish questions like these because they only serve to distort and twist the true message of God's salvation. That's in the book of Titus. The technique of Jesus' execution was called crucifixtion. Contrary to the "T" you see depicted in pictures, Christ was more likey crucified on a "l".

Now, I'm quite sure you've heard the term HUNG from the cross. The "cross" was nothing more than a big tree trunk from the Dogwood tree. Therefore, Jesus did "hang" from a tree as much as a picture "hangs" from a wall when you NAIL it to it. Don't try to twist the context of the text because of semantics. Christ represented the "sacrificial lamb" that serves as atonement for all mankind. As Gal. 3:13 points out, he became the curse for us, dying in our stead. So, your fixation on "hanging" and "being crucified" is a moot and quite trivial point. It all refers to the same thing.

Also, you still haven't answered my question. What happened the moment Jesus died in the SPirit realm?

Old 03-29-06, 04:33 PM   #12
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

^^when one says "Hanged" it reffers to you being suspended by your neck till you asphyxiate and die. Not you being suspended from a tree like someone tied you there and you died over time.

Even if that were the context, which it obviously is not, that would still be a completely different fate than dying on a cross so it STILL conflicts.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-29-06, 04:34 PM   #13
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 558A A505

The bible sure does tell people to ignore the obvious flaws and hypocracy alot. Lol
Old 03-29-06, 04:37 PM   #14
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
^^when one says "Hanged" it reffers to you being suspended by your neck till you asphyxiate and die. Not you being suspended from a tree like someone tied you there and you died over time.

Even if that were the context, which it obviously is not, that would still be a completely different fate than dying on a cross so it STILL conflicts.

Like I said SEMANTICS...If I'm holding onto a rope and my feet are dangling, I'm said to be HANGING. You can't be serious. Jesus was nailed to a cross and his hands bound in a position stretched over his head. HE HUNG THERE. I'm not going to argue a moot/trivial semantic point with you when the context of the scripture is clear.

Again, a bible bashing pagan won't see it that way.

Read the book of Titus.
Old 03-29-06, 04:37 PM   #15
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
The bible sure does tell people to ignore the obvious flaws and hypocracy alot. Lol

Show me where it says "Ignore the flaws in here."

Making aggregious statements about the bible isn't well informed bro.