RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-05, 04:03 PM   #1
Sik Wit It

Remembering Rap Star Tupac Shakur

IP: 59A2 1C71

Today marks the 9th anniversary of the death of one of rap cultures greatest icons, the west coast rap legend Tupac Amaru Shakur.

Around 11:15 p.m. on September 7th, 1996, shots rang out at a stop light on Flamingo Road in Las Vegas and hip-hop would never be the same after that second.

That night Tupac and his friend and boss, CEO of Death Row Records Marion ‘Suge’ Knight were targeted for assassination. It is said that 13 shots entered Suge Knight’s BMW, 4 hitting Tupac and a piece of shrapnel hitting Suge in the head.

For the next week the rap icon fought the fight of a true souljah. Finally his mother Afeni felt Tupac had fought enough and life support was removed and Tupac was pronounced dead on September 13th at 4:03 p.m..

For the last 9 years controversy has surrounded his death. Those responsible for his assassination have never been brought to justice and most likely will never be.

There are many theories about the death of Tupac Shakur. These range from who did it to the alive theories. But these are just theories, and one thing is for sure, we have not been graced with the presents of Tupac Shakur since that final ill fated trip to Las Vegas in 1996.

Tupac has released many albums since his death and there has been much done in his name, mostly spearheaded by his mother Afeni Shakur.

The Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation Center for the Arts in Stone Mountain Georgia is the latest in the legacy of Tupac Shakur.

Tupac once said “I didn’t create T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E., I diagnosed it.” The actions by the government after the Katrina hurrican devastation will only insure the continuation of the circle of T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E.; as these children remember how they and their parents were treated (or mis treated) during this phase of their life by our government.

Today we can remember Tupac the man. Not only the gangsta rap icon, which has had his name and legacy twisted by the mainstream press; even after his death. But the true man we call Tupac Shakur.

Tupac was a poet, musician, activist, actor, teacher; he was a man many admired and loved. And out of that admiration and love we would like all of you to take a moment to remember Tupac today.

We as a culture lost a leader with Tupac’s passing. Those who look deeper into Tupac, than what the mainstream press ‘feeds’ you about him, will recognize that.

So today remember the man not the mainstream ‘hype and headlines’.

R.I.P. Tupac, you are surely missed but you will never be forgotten.

To learn more on the life of Tupac Shakur, please visit www.thuglifearmy.com and www.tupac-online.com .

Also visit the official site of Tupac Shakur www.2paclegacy.com and learn more on how you can help support the legacy of one of hip-hop cultures true icons.
Old 09-13-05, 04:20 PM   #2
Compose

IP: 4ADA E6DD

Werd @ the 4:03 thing too...

Rest in Peace Pac

*cries*
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 09-13-05, 04:45 PM   #4
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

please dont turn this into a discussion of "how,when who why he died". lets just remember.

ps, My countrys a day ahead of everyone so we celebreted his death yesterday
Old 09-13-05, 04:45 PM   #5
ksr
Middle Weight

Graphics Record: 11-4
IP: 0AE2 0140

r.i.p.
Old 09-13-05, 04:57 PM   #6
Capone
fo4

Text Record: 7-4
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 4B1D FBA2

r.i.p tupac you will be forever missed!
Old 09-13-05, 05:08 PM   #7
PrahJect
Champion

IP: C878 6D87

Yep Pac was definitely my mutherfuckin inspiration of life......not jus rappin but how i project myslef.....thank you Pac
Old 09-13-05, 05:42 PM   #8
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP: EE58 AEAE

i ain't the type to "celebrate" death......... if it weren't for his music, i wouldn't be the poet/rapper y'all got today........... rest in peace playa *pours some e-liquor and pays respect*......... got mad love for Pac........

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-05, 08:57 PM   #9
AutoMATIK™
... focus

IP: 015A 0806

R.i.p

Old 09-13-05, 09:44 PM   #10
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 35CF 8BEA

R.I.P Tupac....damn if only i woulda knew as much ta felt what i feel now bout pac and im sure lotz feel that way too.....i SSOOOOOOOO wish tupac was alive today...theres rappaz impersinatin pac but no one will ever match up to the true pac....R.I.P till the day i get up there with him
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 11:31 PM   #11
Rile1
The Emcee Shogun

Text Record: 3-2
IP: 8F4E EDAE

I know im late, But Pac will forever be missed, not as the rapper, but as the man, and way he projected himself, he was the difnition of what a great rapper was, and shall forever be missed, I can not say that enough. Much Love Pac, R.I.P.
Send a message via MSN to Rile1   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 11:45 PM   #12
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D6FD 8B82

R.I.P. myman..
Pac's been a big influence on my life, the way I approach the rap game, my techniques and tactics... I owe a big chunk of who I am today to Tupac Amaru Shakur. Much respect and much love. Wherever he is.

Peace out.
Send a message via MSN to La Cosa Nostra   Reply With Quote