RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-07, 11:12 PM   #1
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

Zealous Parenting

IP: 0825 899A

I never understood this thought process...how parents (it always tends to be mothers) are so protective of their children they want to put a ban on things like Harry Potter, which teaches about family love and facing your fears. My mother used to be temporarily insane when I was quite a bit younger and believed my pokemon cards had been rigged by the government. I just can't understand how this thought process could even exist. Did they personally come into our house and put advanced surveillance equipment smaller than cardboard into my cards, which would never see my mother except for maybe a minute each week?

And it always seems to be christians...it's not that I'm dissing christianity, just some of the overzealous shit that has spawned from it. Like Stephen King's novel Carrie is based off a story of a girl who lived in a house which had a massive depiction, strikingly realistic, of Jesus hanging from the crucifix, bleeding, staring down at her in agony since she was too young to know anything.

Just...what the fuck is wrong with these people? What EVER made the Aztecs believe they should give a human's life so Huitzolipotchli (something like that) could battle the darkness and the sun could rise...though He had evidently managed to survive at roughly the same time every day? What made people think it was a good idea to slaughter people in the name of gods of war? Why do people commit ethnic genocide?

What is wrong with humanity?