RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-05, 06:25 PM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Tha Carter II - Lil Wayne

IP: E3CA 7CA2

1. Tha Mobb- This is a fiya intro. Long as fuck though, but it dont matter because Weezy is non-stop rippin on it. It's kinda like a Dynasty intro that Jay-Z did, but a lot different. Tha beat is nice and smooth, goes with the lyrics and the flow is crazy. Weezy F. Baby! I give this track a 10/10

2. Fly In - This track is kinda short. Tha lyrics are tight and the beat is workable. I like the intro, tha piano playing, sounds like some Eminem shit. But when tha beat drops, its blazing. This track would be kinda wack if his lyrics weren't so tight! 2 tracks in a row with no hook. But, I still give this track a 7/10

3. Money On My Mind - Some Hoston chopped and screwed shit used for the hook. Kinda crazy, "Money on my mind". I like this song though. 3 tight songs in a row, Weezy Baby is tryna blaze tha game. This is a nice song though, some raw shit. lyrics are unspeakable. i give this 8/10

4. Fireman - Of course I know ya'll heard this. Tha first single off this album and only one so far, this song is still tight! I didn't skip this song when I first listened to this cd, because this song is just that much fiya. I think this song is getting underrated though. I give this a 8/10 though.

5. Mo Fire - Hmmm, 2 "Fire" songs in a row. Maybe Wayne is tryna tell us something? But to be truthful, this song isn't all that. It could've either been left out or been better. I think it's that jamaican style to this song and tha singing in it, and tha slowness of tha song that makes this song not all that too me, but I give weezy points for efforts, and points for nice lyrics, but tha beat, hook, jamaican style on this could've been different. I give this track a 2/10

6. On Tha Block #1 - What would a CD be without a "Skit"?

7. Best Rapper Alive - I dunno, I just love this beat. This is a perfect place to put this song, right after a not so good song and a skit, when you think you fallin asleep, a blazing song comes back up, and you just start feeling it again. Nice shit Weezy. Not single material however, but one of tha tightest songs on tha album so far. Tha hook is ight, but Weezy never really had good ass hooks. I love this beat, what can I say about it? I like how tha crowd is chanting in tha back ground of tha beat, that shit is sick! Tight ass song. I think he getting on tha SQAD UP niggas, (his old group), because in his lyrics he was like, "Damn Sammy you done fucked up...) and on to a diss about somebody on tha rest of this verse, and tha next verse. But, I give this a 9/10

8. Lock & Load (ft. Kurupt) - Only thing that made me not like this song when I first heard it and made me skip it was the beginning and tha chorus. Tha beat ain't all that nice, but it's managable. It's just tha hook thats making this beat sound kinda wack! But, give this song some time, its nice! Tight....No verse from Kurupt though. I give this track a 6/10

9. Oh No- Alot of people saying this some Jay-Z type shit, but I'ma Jigga fan and I can't see it. This beat is smooth, and tha singing in tha background is ight, but tha lyrics on here are tight as hell. Only Weezy can do some shit like this. I actually like this song, listening to it right now. I think it's some tight shit to listen to. Blends in well with tha previous track. Nice lyrics again, ight track. 6/10

10. Grown Man (ft. Currency) - This track was on one of his mixtapes already. Weezy and his new signed artist to tha company gets on they grown man shit. This track is mad smooth. Something you can play when yo girl riding with you without her tripping. Shit, this song is basically for tha ladies. Smooth shit. Don't here this outta Wayne too much. Tha singing on tha hook might throw you off a lil, but trust me, this song is coo. Oh, and Currency actually had a nice verse for one of tha first time. Ya'll probably already heard this song if you a Weezy fan already, because it leaked before the album dropped. Nice smooth track. 8/10

11. On Tha Block #2 - What would a CD be without a "Skit"?

12. Hit Em Up - This kinda got boring to me after a while. It's still tight though. I know it's a diss track, I do believe it's aimed at BG. I made a thread about this song a few weeks back in Hip Hop Talk. I just listened to this song too much, that's why it's getting boring to me, but Weezy's lyrics on here are fuckin amazing. I give this track 7/10. But it's definately "Fiya"

13. Carter II - That's crazy, I just noticed this beat is tha same as Track Num. 2. This song is short. I guess througout this album he's taking through his building again, like the first Carter. But, this song is tight, no hook again. Better lyrics than tha first time, and tha beat is still tight. This is def. an unskippable track. I give this 8.5/10

14. Hustler Musik -This track also leaked on one of his mixtape, but on tha mixtape it was called "Won't Budge Outro". He left this track exactly tha same, as he should've. This song is sorta a soft smooth, but still gangsta song. I like how Weezy changed his voice for this song, which is showing that he is multi-talented. He don't just stick throughout one flow, like he did on tha first Carter, his flow was the same for damn near every track, here, he's showing us variety. This is still one of my favorite songs, and not just on tha CD, this song is deep! Of course I give this song 10/10

15. Receipt - Damn, this track is fiya. Acapella intro. "It's kinda hard saying this shit to your face, so I do it over snare's and Bass, music take me away." But, dont get it twisted, this song is dedicated to his new girlfriend. AWWWW. Tha chorus is tight as hell. I like tha singing on it, (No Weezy not singing, I think it's a sample from something. ). but on this track, like I said this is directed towards his new GF, Trina. I like this track alot. Showing how Weezy can switch up his style again. More variety shown by tha man himself. Lyrics on this track are damn near flawless for tha track selection. I give this track 8/10

16. Shooter - I aint feeling this beat that much, I think it pauses too much, and I don't know what tha hell Weezy was thinking on this track. If I didn't buy this CD, I would think this is a wrong DL. Tha beat is too slow to me. I aint feeling this track that much. Weezy take mad long to come on and spit. I give this track 4/10

17. Weezy Baby (ft Nikki) - I dont think I like this track that much either. Tha beat sounds like Dr. Dre knockoff, and tha singing on here is wack! Tha chick singing aint all that good to me. Another track that probably couldve been left out. Lyrics are ight though, I wont knock this track that much, but he gotta Juelz Santana flow on here, stopping alot. I dont like this style he using. I give this track 3/10

18. On Tha Block #3 - What would a CD be without any "Skits"?

19. I'm A Dboy (ft Birdman) -C'mon, don't play yourself, you know Birdman had to be on this album at least once. lol. Nah, his verse wasn't that bad, but tha wrong song to put him on, because I actually liked this song. Tha beat is tight. Nothing like you expect, and that's good. This song is tight as fuck though. After 2 wack songs a skit, Weezy wakes you up once again. This song gets you blazed again. Blazing song. Kinda a sample of something that I'm thinking of on tha first bar of each song, but I can't put my finger on it. Oh well, this song is tight ,and tha beat is blazing....lyrics are nice as well. I give this song 8/10

20. Feel Me - This beat is crazy. Tha intro doesn't let you know where this beat is going, but it's nice. Trust! I like this song too. Nice flow to it, and some fiya lyrics. Dont sleep on this track, fa real. Weezy is blazing so far.."feel me"? This song is actually creative. He's getting interviewed by some lady at tha end of every verse. I give this track 8/10

21. Get Over (ft Nikki) - She's back. This time on a better beat, but she still can't sing to me. Weezy could've got somebody off tha streets with wayy more talent than her. This song is better than tha other one though. Tha beat is smooth, with mad bass. A nice combination. This track is somewhat deep, if you open up your ears and LISTEN to it. This aint a bad track, could've been better. I give this track a 6/10

Fly Out - Same beat as Track 2, and 13. Wow! He used tha same beat for 3 songs, thats crazy. And tha beat is actually tight. But, get this...everytime he spits on this beat, he spit it 10x better than before. Lyrics from this nigga can't be better. Weezy blazed tha game. Deep shit right here. Nice track. I give this one 9/10

Overall, I think this album was nice and well made. Weezy Baby blazed tha game with tight ass lyrics and some nice beats and songs. I give this entire album a 8/10 overall. Lil Wayne had us wait, and tha wait was worth it. This album showed Wayne's potential to go mainstream, but still bring tha Old Wayne out. It also showed his variety in flow and some blazing lyrics. Nice beat choices from Wayne, and an album nicely produced. This is Tha Carter 2 of 6 volumes. And so far, he's 2 for 2. Fly Out!
Old 12-08-05, 09:19 PM   #2
Abraxas
Bonecrushing Nigga

Text Record: 14-3
IP: 8B8E 475F

my fav songs are
Dboy "AM open ma eyez kick ma bitch tell her open da blinds"
Tha mobb
Best rapper alive
Money on my mind
carter II
Reciept "kinda hard sayin shit to ya face so i do it ova snares an bass muic take u away"
Fly out

...Paramik Fuckin'...

...Owns You!

||RVS Text Champion||
Send a message via AIM to Abraxas   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-05, 11:57 PM   #3
thurdshift
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 7F46 DE10

money on my mind is a 10/10....

mo fiya is highly underrated....i like that shit its his ability to switch it up a lil bit....

an he used the same beat on the carter i.....so it jus wayne doin wayne....he's one of the hottest in the game...period...

FREE AGENT NIGGA
CINCINNATI'S FINEST!!!
HOLLA @ ME!!!

Send a message via AIM to thurdshift   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 12:00 AM   #4
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

I'mma D-Boy!... thats all i gotta say..
that better be his next single

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 12-09-05, 11:51 AM   #5
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Carolina
I'mma D-Boy!... thats all i gotta say..
that better be his next single

That's what I was thinking, but Birdman is on that track, so I doubt it will be. Birdman kinda messed up the song if you ask me.
Old 12-09-05, 11:52 AM   #6
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramik
my fav songs are
Dboy "AM open ma eyez kick ma bitch tell her open da blinds"
Tha mobb
Best rapper alive
Money on my mind
carter II
Reciept "kinda hard sayin shit to ya face so i do it ova snares an bass muic take u away"
Fly out

Ya'll sleeping on Hustler Musik
Old 12-09-05, 12:24 PM   #7
J Summers

IP: 96F2 DF03

shooter is a good one too very original soundin track whole c.d. is fiya
Old 12-11-05, 01:20 AM   #8
AutoMATIK™
... focus

IP: A155 381B

Hustler Musik Is my Fav ...
Old 12-12-05, 05:42 AM   #9
KriZ
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-3
IP: 9E82 E784

i would say that i only got Fireman.. cuz he pissed me off the last album.. lol.
Old 12-12-05, 11:30 AM   #10
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

^Tha last album was better than this, if not equal.
Old 12-12-05, 11:33 AM   #11
*SmokeSomething*
*VICE VERSA*

Text Record: 3-2
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 22A7 431D

10/10 and for all yall dont know check me out on 106&park p.o stand up

*hot*
Old 12-12-05, 07:17 PM   #12
ksr
Middle Weight

Graphics Record: 11-4
IP: DFDC FD1C

birdman gotta be on more of the hooks
he cant rap, but he can kill a hook, def more than weezy can
Old 12-14-05, 04:00 PM   #13
AutoMATIK™
... focus

IP: 0100 50EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaco
^Tha last album was better than this, if not equal.

Not at all ...............
Old 12-14-05, 05:16 PM   #14
thurdshift
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: 7F46 DE10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMATIK™
Not at all ...............

agreed....this makes the carter one jus look silly...weezy is one of the top lyriclly rite now...he's raw

FREE AGENT NIGGA
CINCINNATI'S FINEST!!!
HOLLA @ ME!!!

Send a message via AIM to thurdshift   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 10:35 PM   #15
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 996C 880C

After listening to this album for a week and a half or so...I say this album is still nice. Only track I skip now is shooter, and some times Mo Fire...but this album is fuckin great. Only thing I can't understand is how is this album number 2 right now under Eminem, when Eminems whole album is old songs. Lock & Load lyrics on this album are prolly some of tha best throughout tha whole album.

"Tha Carter Back well protected from tha Warren Sapps
Tha Young Heart Attack, I spit that cartiact
You can't see me baby boy you got that cataract
I'm right here, straight out tha hood just like an alley-cat..."

Best Rapper Alive-Lil Wayne

^There's proof he's prolly tha best in tha game.