RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-03, 02:51 PM   #1
Roots
VOTES ON BATTLES!

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
Cool Edit?

IP: 34BF DD77

cool edit.............................................. .................................................. .From how to record to from mics pleasre explain well other ppl dont make it clear red circle blah balh where is it an co... th anks
Old 06-07-03, 12:30 AM   #2
Mecca Obscura

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7E92 B802

Uhmmm you expect someone to tell you everything from just a post? your dead crazy son. Just read tutorials.
Old 06-07-03, 12:37 AM   #3
Mecca Obscura

awww fuck it...here you go...

Note: (u may wanna get Cool Edit 2.0 if u dont have it alredi)

OK, I'll teach the basics of "how 2 record with cool edit" but I dont really have the time yet 2 share some of the audio tweaking secrets I've come across. First open up the multi track session, by clicking on the box directly under "File". Right click the first track (track one) and select Insert---> Wave from file. Now it will have u open up a file. Open up the beat u wanna use. If u have the MP3 plug-in or Cool edit 2.0, u can use Mp3's. Otherwise, you'll have 2 convert em 2 Wav. Once that beat is opened and visible in the first track, you are ready to record. Go to track 2 (directly under the beat. On the left side there should be a little red button that says "R" on it. Push it. These means that u have seleted this channel to be you're recording channel. U may also want 2 click Options (on the top menu) and select "windows recording mixer" and make sure "Microphone" microphone and ONLY microphone is selected. This tells the PC that you want sound to be recorded from the mic only. OK, when you are ready to lay your verse, push the RED button at the bottom-left part of the screen. The beat will playback, and u now spit in2 your mic. What u spit will be recorded into the second track. When u finish your verse, click the square (stop) button on the lower left side of the screen.

Idealy u would now start to edit your vocals, (bass, compression yada yada yada) but currently I'm leaving that part out since I have 2 go soon. I'll post some tips on that later.

Once your verse is recorded, go to the top menu and select Edit--->Mix down to file---> All wavs. This will mix the beat and verses together. When they are mixed, you'll select File--->Save. It will then ask u 2 name the file 2 save, and will also ask u what type of file u want to save it as (mp3, Wav etc.) Once u save it, you have created your first Cool Edit audio.
Old 06-07-03, 12:37 AM   #4
Mecca Obscura

You got no need to thank me since im glad to help any other head thats getting their feet wet in audio, Pz!