RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-03, 12:29 PM   #1
Kclipz 4 Murkin

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
lil help plz???

IP: 3D5A F2F5

wat r some of the best placez to get sum ill beatz??? i'm jus startin to get more into audio and i'm makin a CD too, so i would appreciate sum help with this...thanx peepz
Old 02-18-03, 07:28 PM   #2
ButtMC

IP: 0BF1 D181

depending on your taste you can get istrumentals on kazaa and shit like that.
Old 02-19-03, 08:59 AM   #3
anonymous1

IP: 9E6D 1C11

Forget text battles, they're bullshit!!!
A good and simple way to make your own beats in your room is with a program called Fruityloops. Download it. If you want to mix it better or multitrack and add your own vox, I use cooledit pro and get okay results. Takes a bit of time and money though. Get a decent mic (I got a shure sm58) and learn how to mix a little. You need to know the basics of noise reduction and sound dynamics to get a decent recording. Good luck!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blakninj.jpg (2.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 02-19-03, 04:29 PM   #4
FiL-Be-iLL

IP: B423 2D59

fruity loops is by far the gayest shit ive ever seen...i garuantee if use that program, ur shit will sound like it was homemade...and whats the point of that? we got all this vast technology and ya wanna use fruity loops...i mean, its in the name!...

gay program...getta drumachine...lmao
oNE...
Old 02-22-03, 01:02 PM   #5
banzai

IP: D8A7 E935

if u lookin for sum ill unheard beats u can use, u shud try the various pages on mp3.com or soundclick.com if u e-mail sum ppl they may let u use them for non profit use or sumthing, i dunno you'll have to chat to the producers, if u are lookin for instrumentals of existing hip hop tracks and stuff, try kazaa/grokster/morpheus , emule is quite good as well, if not those try IRC there are sum instrumental channels on there, needless to say you should have no trouble finding some.

If you wanna start makin beats, start with fruity (not because it is good but because it is easier to start up with) then move on to sumthing more advanced like Cubase SX or Reason 2.0 or sumthing. If you wanna make good beats i reccomend you use samples other than those included with the programs, you can buy/download full sample cds from tons of places, u can rip stuff from vinyl (you'll need a deck to do this), this is the best option cause then you can find exactly what u want to use from teh track and use it (watch out for sample clearance here, i wouldn't use a full loop or a large clip from a track, unless your willing to pay so you can use it).

hope that helps
Old 02-22-03, 03:08 PM   #6
FiL-Be-iLL

IP: B423 2D59

wait wait...From Fruity to Cubase? thats like comparing a paper airplane to the space shuttle...fruity loops is for techno/rave/trance mofo's who need the generic sounding drums and what not...u cant make good beats on that prog...
oNE...
Old 02-22-03, 04:31 PM   #7
Van Ished
Throwback Member

IP: 6D86 F833

I'm sick of Fruity Loops, I've maxed out everything I can do wit it, so what is the best program I can go to now, and where can I get it
Old 02-24-03, 09:32 AM   #8
INsanity
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 0330 0F2D

alright I will agree that fruity loops is a bit gay but it's good for begginers. It does sound cheap and is lacking the professional sound. However if you download good samples and just work with it for a while you will find that you can make some half decent beats. The nest step is to move up to something more complex and professional like Cubase, which is what I use. though mo;re complex you will already understand some components of it from Fuity for example piano roll and FXs. remember you cant run before you learn to crawl so start simple(fruity loops) then work up to the harder stuff (Cubase)

Peace
Old 02-24-03, 09:17 PM   #9
banzai

IP: 56B0 46B8

yeah true, u can't have both really easy to use software that sounds amazing unless u were in an ideal world, basically u gotta start small, then you can transfer what u learned in fruity into a better program like Cubase or reason or sumthing.

And i wasn't comparing the 2 pieces of software i was saying that is easier to start with fruity, cubase is in a different leuge altogether!

@ Pair-A-Dyce
u can't have done everything with fruity, cause i don't think ne1 has, but none-the-less if you wanna move on to sumthing more advanced with a few samplers n stuff try reason 2.0 if u wanna take a big leap try cubase, but be prepared it isn't an easy transition . don't worry though both have tutorials all over the net and in teh software help files themselves.
Old 02-26-03, 08:05 AM   #10
anonymous1

IP: 0AFE 9A9E

Sure fruity is basic. But you can sample drums seperately from anywhere. Then rearrange them to create your own original beats rather then just biting them from somewhere, plus it's real easy to use. Once you've got good, then move on to better things, but you've gotta start somewhere. And it's cheap as.
Oh and "fil-b-ill", just because you're a neglected child doesn't mean you should lock everything up inside and release it here. Try to be more constructive than retarded. Oh yeah, and F.O.D. too. You heard. DIE. You've nothing to say.
Old 02-26-03, 08:10 AM   #11
anonymous1

IP: 0AFE 9A9E

Oh yeah dyce, try using some of the better loops you've made and use fruity alongside cool edit, goldwave or sound forge. I guess this is probably the stepping stone between fruity and cubase or reason and the results will keep improving. You can manipulate each specific drum sound or bassline etc in cool edit etc, then use fruity again or the multitracker on cooledit pro to arrange them. Hope this helps. Peace

Last edited by anonymous1 : 02-26-03 at 08:14 AM.