RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-06, 10:01 PM   #16
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 48D7 0F92

The fact that you think you can express your thoughts and opinions through words means you either:

1. Dont understand them.
2. Have very simple thoughts and opinions, or
3. Have never experienced life properly.
Old 09-15-06, 10:13 PM   #17
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: DA5F 3303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
The fact that you think you can express your thoughts and opinions through words means you either:

1. Dont understand them.
2. Have very simple thoughts and opinions, or
3. Have never experienced life properly.

1. I would say the same thing about you..

2. Yes, some feelings are very simple.. Shit like "I'm hungry" means you feel hungry, shit like "I wanna go that way" means you feel like traveling in a particular direction. and so on.

3. I think I'd be safe in saying I've experienced just as much or more from life than you have...

Words are the product of feelings...

Did you not realise that?

Why do they have a word for love? Because its a feeling that humans required a name for. Words ARE just a human invented system of sounds and symbols that label all things. If you say you hate someone, what are you describing? ............(a feeling).......... If you say "youve never experienced life properly".....You say this because you dont want to feel inferior in this argument, so you attempt to attack my credibility not realising you let yourself be read like an open book.

Some words we use to express our feelings are more complicated than others, but you can almost always decypher the way someone is feeling using nothing but their words.

If you cant do that..............Then maybe you arnt really as smart as you think you are...

^^^(see, I can do it too)
Old 09-16-06, 01:03 AM   #18
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Describe EXACTLY your last LSD trip.

And dont just give me "I understood everything, shit was all fucked up and I was fucked up. Shit was fucked. I was going crazy."

Really describe it. Really tell me exactly what you felt during that trip, so that I can understand your feelings through your words.
Old 09-16-06, 01:11 AM   #19
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Describe EXACTLY your last LSD trip.

And dont just give me "I understood everything, shit was all fucked up and I was fucked up. Shit was fucked. I was going crazy."

Really describe it. Really tell me exactly what you felt during that trip, so that I can understand your feelings through your words.

My last one?

Monday night..

Dropped a tab at 8:00pm... Started smoking cones at 10:00pm.. It was basically a mixture of uncontrollable explosive happyness and euphoria for the first... 6/7 hours.. After that I was still smoking cones and the acid felt like it was still running strong but I could feel it slowly comming down as it did over the next.......4/5 hours before I went to sleep the next day...

I know what your getting at..

You want to make it seem as though you have no idea what I was feeling while I was on that drug from just my words. Right?
Old 09-16-06, 01:28 AM   #20
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
My last one?

Monday night..

Dropped a tab at 8:00pm... Started smoking cones at 10:00pm.. It was basically a mixture of uncontrollable explosive happyness and euphoria for the first... 6/7 hours.. After that I was still smoking cones and the acid felt like it was still running strong but I could feel it slowly comming down as it did over the next.......4/5 hours before I went to sleep the next day...

I know what your getting at..

You want to make it seem as though you have no idea what I was feeling while I was on that drug from just my words. Right?

Yup. You expressed yourself terribly! I still have more or less no understanding of what you were feeling.

Uncontrollable explosive happiness and euphoria? Like what... Like... The kind of happiness a girl gets on her wedding day? The kind of explosive euphoria of winning the lottery?

And hold on a second there... I didnt ask you for your itinerary, I asked you for your feelings and thoughts. What did the come down feel like? "Coming down" ... wtf is that? I want to know what you were feeling, since you can express yourself so well.

Come on, can't you do this?
Old 09-16-06, 01:38 AM   #21
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Yup. You expressed yourself terribly! I still have more or less no understanding of what you were feeling.

Uncontrollable explosive happiness and euphoria? Like what... Like... The kind of happiness a girl gets on her wedding day? The kind of explosive euphoria of winning the lottery?

And hold on a second there... I didnt ask you for your itinerary, I asked you for your feelings and thoughts. What did the come down feel like? "Coming down" ... wtf is that? I want to know what you were feeling, since you can express yourself so well.

Come on, can't you do this?

I thought youd be smarter than that..

One of the biggest things that matters when reading, is knowing who the material is comming from. You know who I am, so everything you know about me should be used to judge what I'm saying.

And heres where 'life experience' comes into play..

Youve never taken acid before... So youve never actually been in anything close to that mindstate, maybe if you had experienced this drug, you might be able to relate to what I'm saying rather than taking stabs in the dark with different types of happyness.

Thats called ignorance...............
Old 09-16-06, 01:40 AM   #22
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

And thats called not being able to express yourself...

Why not tell me what one of your weed highs is like?
Old 09-16-06, 01:48 AM   #23
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
And thats called not being able to express yourself...

Yeah sorry about that one man.......

Next time I have to describe something for you, I'll put everything I say into laymans terms and dumb it down a bit for you with heaps of detail...

What are you kidding?

You already lost the argument... Dont scrape the bottom of the barrel and try to make some sort of come back attacking my credibility for describing something your ignorant to with little detail and not giving a shit.

Its pathetic...
Old 09-16-06, 01:49 AM   #24
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Express to me what a weed high is like.
Old 09-16-06, 01:52 AM   #25
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:

No..

Because it will achieve nothing.
Old 09-16-06, 01:57 AM   #26
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

If you can express what a weed high is like, you are proven right... Thats the point.

Your argument has turned from something decent to insults and saying that the argument is over. What happened?
Old 09-16-06, 01:59 AM   #27
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
If you can express what a weed high is like, you are proven right... Thats the point.

Your argument has turned from something decent to insults and saying that the argument is over. What happened?

Do you believe that if asked, you could not describe any feeling with words?
Old 09-16-06, 02:00 AM   #28
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 7291 1D3E

Quote:

why dont u buy a dime sack instead

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-06, 02:14 AM   #29
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

I believe we shouldnt change the topic of this discussion, and that you should try and express what a weed high is like.

But ok, ill play along. No, I cannot describe any feelings PROPERLY and ACCURATELY with words. Let me explain.

For example, love. I can easily say to my gf "I love you," but do you think that gives my feeling justice? Do you really think she understands exactly the way I feel? No way.

Words are inadequate to describe emotions, feelings and thoughts. What about something simpler than love, like hunger which you mentioned before... Consider this:

Two people say "I'm so hungry." Exactly the same expression/words. One of them is from a third world country, and barely eats enough to survive. One of them is from Australia and has gone to work, but skipped breakfast, and now its lunch time. Those two feelings of hunger are completely different. Heres the tricky part, and the part I know you are going to argue against.

We can understand the word hungry, because we have experienced hunger, right? True. That just proves that words are inadequate. The only reason you will ever be able to express a feeling to somebody is if they have felt it as well. Even then the expression is hazy. This is because feelings can only be felt, and not explained. They can be referred to, but not expressed. That's why you couldnt explain your LSD trip to me, thats why we can't possibly understand the third world country boy's hunger. Even if he used the most complex, descriptive language, we still wouldnt know what its like.

So yeah, we cant describe any feelings with words, but we can refer to feelings and the degree of that feeling.
Old 09-16-06, 02:15 AM   #30
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureperfect2
why dont u buy a dime sack instead

I was trying to make him try to explain something we have both experienced, to show him that even though we both have experienced it, a complex thing like a weed high cant possibly be expressed accurately in words.