RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-05, 03:18 PM   #1
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

The Mind

IP: A181 D033

It is a scientific fact that there is no specific region in the brain in which the memory resides. they have monitored brain activity in people and when people are made to recall things or events, no region has increased activity, which means that either:

a - scientists don't have a great enough understanding of the human brain

or

b - scientists will never be able to comprehend the issue of where the memory functions due to the simple fact that memory is what constitutes the "mind", which you could, ultimately say could be used interchangably with the term known as the "soul"

Think about it, memory is the only feature of humans that cannot be defined as existing phsically......

But what do you lot think?
Old 07-01-05, 07:33 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 04B2 A125

So you believe memory is partnered in with the soul?
and scientest haven't found any part of the brain with memory huh?
OMG compose will flip when he sees this.
Old 07-01-05, 07:38 PM   #3
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

1. You said its a scientific fact theres is no reagion in the brain that the memory is held in...

but then you said a possibility is scientists dont know much about the brain...
so how is it a fact then?...

2. The soul has nothing to do with it...souls are in part with religion...if your talking dead on with science...then souls are to be left out because "scientifically" there is no such thing as souls...i believe there are but you cant intertwine them...at this time

if there were no region in the brain that holds memories...then we wouldnt have memories...simple as that, we have to have a region for it to be stored or else everything you ever see in your life will disappear a second later and you wont know anything basically.
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 07-01-05, 07:39 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 04B2 A125

told you yo .
Old 07-01-05, 07:42 PM   #5
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

but seriously 100% no lies

i read that although the memory exists without a shadow of a doubt, it doesn't lie in a specific place.

But keep the thoughts/arguments coming people
Old 07-01-05, 07:43 PM   #6
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

where did you read it?
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 07-01-05, 07:47 PM   #7
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 828D 0B7A

The mind is weird as fuck, hard to get yur head around [/no pun intended]
Old 07-01-05, 07:48 PM   #8
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.altered-states.net/barry/brain/use100percent.htm
At first it was thought that
memory would have some physical substrate in the brain, like the
memory chips in a PC. But extensive investigation of the brain
has turned up the surprising fact that memory is not located in
any one area or in a specific substrate. As one eminent
neurologist put it, 'memory is everywhere in the brain and
nowhere.'

this is the first site that i saw this on
Old 07-02-05, 11:29 AM   #9
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: D7AC CF0D

Well, we are always thinking. Maybe just recalling wasn't enough of a change because people are always recalling things. Maybe there was always increased brain activity in one area, but it was a little less then the others so it eventually evened out in our perpetual thought process. Do we think when we sleep? Well, on a subconscious level, I suppose. So, if we monitored sleeping people, there is still a possibility we do a whole lot more subconscious thinking then conscious thinking, so the conscious thinking doesn't make the brain much more focused in the specific area of origin enough to draw attention.

Or maybe it's something else. Either way, memories are memories and they are stored in something, maybe even electric pulses or something. Does it really matter where they're stored? I admit, it could help relieve trauma and help discover lost minds to amnesia if we could tap into the depths of the human past, but hell. It doesn't matter too much, because trauma pretty much goes away with therapic techniques or time and amnesia'll probably have some form of cure or treatment in this age of technology.
Old 07-28-05, 09:20 PM   #11
Thassarap
.The Movement.

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 9623 658A

if memory is part of the "soul", than do people with better memories have "better" souls?
that doesnt make sense, it sort of establishes the soul as a second brain, with different sections for different functions- if it was, it would be physical
i agree with the theory that scientists dont know everything, maybe when they reach a complete understanding of the brain, the "soul" will be explained...
Old 07-28-05, 09:27 PM   #12
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 28AD 5545

How could you explain the soul by understanding something else? Unlocking the key to the brain wouldn't unlock scientific knowledge on premises such as the soul. Maybe it would clarify a few issues pertaining to what separates both soul and brain, but not everyone have the stance that memories are held in the soul.

People back in biblical times couldn't have more then a humble amount of knowledge about the capacity of the brain, and thus may go over the top in estimations resulting in complications we can't explain. Perhaps they thought thoughts and whatnot originated from the soul, and didn't people use to believe the heart was what caused emotion?

And if evolution is a correct theory then how would we obtain a soul? How would we have a soul and not every other living thing --- even an amoeba or blade of grass, if we originated from things like single-celled organisms or star dust? Did God slap souls on us when we were becoming a more developing civilization? Did he put us along the path of evolution and give us souls so that we could become better? Who the hell knows?
Old 07-29-05, 09:47 AM   #13
Thassarap
.The Movement.

IP: B409 4C66

i'm saying that the soul might be a mentality projected from a part of the brain that has yet to be found
Old 07-29-05, 09:34 PM   #14
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

http://www.sciencedaily.com/release...50602174348.htm

something like that. It's been found, apparently. If that's not a valid link, since I didn't read it all, google it.
Old 07-29-05, 10:46 PM   #15
Thassarap
.The Movement.

IP: B409 4C66

sounds like they already know that memory is a part of the brain, they just dont know where