RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL Archives > LBL Magazines
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-06, 06:45 PM   #136
Journal!st
Above Originality

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9465 0DDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher
It is almost impossible to come fresh nowadays, practically every concept has been used in some way. The only fresh ideas come from using recent happenings in the world to form some type of punch. Otherwise, pretty much all concepts have been done on some site or have been seen on some site.

Its just a case of flipping them real nice to keep them affective.

^^
word to dat shit man. sometimes you'll drop a dope line and then someone comes around and calls it played...i hate that shit its harder now and days to hit with fresh creativity. the concept and sticking to the punch sometimes people throw it off..LOL that shits funny!. but word man i feel ya solo.
Old 05-19-06, 06:50 PM   #137
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: 4622 249B

I think anything can be dope really. Hell, if I laughed at a cumline I'd call it dope even though that concept is hella played. But as has already been said, the way its used is more integral nowadays than the concept.

Which leads me on to say that the concept shouldn't be considered as important as the flip of it. Cos everyones saying most concepts are mad played, well why don't we revert the emphasis on to the wording of the concept, as opposed to the concept itself? It could get text fresh again, as it's something that hasn't been done and will bring freshness back to battling in a way.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-06, 06:55 PM   #138
Magic5

IP: 4AF5 0BD9

Yeah, but to go along with your example of a cum line. . all the flips have been done on it. How are going to make that an original concept? Everybody has seen the wording before. I don't think that the concept itself is what people base their opinion on the punch on; it's just a lot of concepts have been worded differently enough to where your "flip" on it may have been similarly used by somebody else already.
Old 05-19-06, 07:01 PM   #139
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: A6B3 421B

Yep, its the same with "sick" lines or "michael jackson" lines. .

. .you'd be hard to find someone who can bring a fresh play on those concepts.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-06, 09:59 PM   #140
John Hensley.
Light Weight

IP: 2029 97B3

yeah, i agree for the most part about how hard it is to write fresh, but i don't exactly agree about flipping concepts to make them effective, maybe unknowingly, and i'm not accusing anyone, but if people go around and find lines and flip them then that's basically just biting the concept.

classick . johnhensley . mets . shakezula . deon . properhops . armz . username

Send a message via AIM to John Hensley.   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 02:02 AM   #141
Helluva Writer
woof.

IP: 3240 794D

word to hens.

and you can come fresh. personals are a fresh way of writing, theres still plenty of wordplay out there that hasnt been used. current events, sports, movies, TV ..shit is out there. you just gotta be smart enough to use it. i do agree that the dudes that just started in the last 2 years are basically screwed cause MOST the shit has been used. and because they werent there when new shit was everywhere. but nowadays you just gotta be that much smarter. imagine how easy it was to write pounches in 01-02, everything was there. lol. be creative and you can come fresh.
Old 05-20-06, 02:45 PM   #142
John Hensley.
Light Weight

ya, i pretty much agree with that. and alot of people think a concept is just one word or phrase to base an entire line on, that's when people get in trouble with freshness, they need to bring more creativity to their lines not just their concepts. how to word them, phrasing, set ups, lots of shit plays into having a good verse.

Old 05-20-06, 03:08 PM   #143
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 1A46 2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher
Yep, its the same with "sick" lines or "michael jackson" lines. .

. .you'd be hard to find someone who can bring a fresh play on those concepts.

What, those lines are played?!

Awwwwwwwww shit , brb, I gotta go rewrite a verse.
Old 05-20-06, 03:17 PM   #144
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hensley.
yeah, i agree for the most part about how hard it is to write fresh, but i don't exactly agree about flipping concepts to make them effective, maybe unknowingly, and i'm not accusing anyone, but if people go around and find lines and flip them then that's basically just biting the concept.

Yeah, I agree with that. But, what I meant about flipping a decent concept to make it nice... I meant coming up with the concept in your head and flipping it, despite the fact that you know it has probably been used before.

Its like lines where you say one thing, and then flip it around to use it as a means of saying you are going to hurt someone or something. Mimesis is one who uses them kind of punches well.

Example:

I'm the narrator to your death, and dude your life is gone..
But I won't tell you one story. . I'll just push you off of one.

and...

This dude is dope, but his bitch ass will still feel the slaughter,
Cuz he was only a legend amongst his peers. .
. .until I dropped him in the water.

Same idea, you use one thing and then turn it around on a person. The basic concept is always the same, but there is so many ways you can flip it.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 07:27 PM   #145
John Hensley.
Light Weight

right, that's a good example because i don't consider the word choice really that similar. myself personally, i try to go into each battle with the mindset that i'm going to come up with lines that are original, if i have any doubt that a concept is played i try not to use it. but that's a good example.

Old 05-20-06, 07:41 PM   #146
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: 4622 249B

I'm not very good at wording, can ya'll give me advice please lol.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 07:43 PM   #147
King Solo
Skadoosh!

I would try and give advice, but honestly... I don't think I should.

My wording can be dope at times, but then other times it can be complete ass.
Old 05-20-06, 08:35 PM   #148
John Hensley.
Light Weight

i think personally wording is the most important part, anyone can have a dope ideas but if you can't make it sound right then it doesn't work. basically when i try to word a line, i just see if it sounds natural, almost like a statement, i don't have it sound choppy or pause alot, unless it adds to the effect of the punch. some people have different auras they want in their verses, cocky, fast, brash, whatever. just think how you'd say the line in real life then write it down.

Old 05-20-06, 09:45 PM   #149
King Solo
Skadoosh!

^ Nicely put.
Old 05-20-06, 11:37 PM   #150
Helluva Writer
woof.

IP: 3240 794D

if i payed more attention and was better at wording, i would be ten steps ahead of the skill im at now. that shist always been my problem, im lazy.