RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-06, 02:09 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
Why should you feel bad?

IP: FC30 7384

Ever think about it? Why should you feel bad? If you did something to 100% of your ability, didn't half ass it and didn't try to get one over on anybody and I man rally feel good about the job you did, why should you feel bad about anything at all regardless of what others think? If someone dosen't feel you're good enough for them (THEIR opinion of how YOU should feel), why should you feel bad or ashamed? You shouldn't! Don't let your approval of your self (internal) rely on the approval of others (external). Mostly because someone else subconciously trying to fill the hole that's their self esteem will only feel increased self worth by trying making you feel like lesser than you are. You're bombarded with negativity all day and all night long in your food, in your sight, in your sounds, and even in your dreams and deep within your mind. TV and music all around us push images and sounds and depictions of life styles deep within the very grain of your subconcious to make us feel like what we presently are is nothing and worthless and we're imperfect and in need of something without to fulfill within. Hair and make-up commercials know how to make a woman feel hideous. They exhagerate someone's insecurity (which comes from a fear of loss other's approval) like "do you see wrinkles, blemishes, or smile lines?" and then bust out a "zoom in" to make it look magnified and REALLY lay it on. They'll exploit it and make a woman feel like her body is breaking down and she'll look like a complete freak soon - "but wait! Your salvation from certain doom comes in a bottle of insert your chemical here"! Even breakfast cereals are in on it by trying to make it look like you'll fall to the wayside and won't be a champion if you're not cramming down their cereal. We're soaked in negativity from others. The sewage even washes up on the shores of our langage - you're my dog. My boy. My nigga. My son. - all terms that slave masters to reffer to slaves, to program a man to subconciously feel worthless. All those terms adress someone or something who answers to another.

Fuck that.

Don't let anybody script out for you how you should feel about your self, your life, your accomplishments, your goals, your body, or your mind because you're ALWAYS unstopable till you convince your self you're not. Opportunities arise and things alighn to go your way when you're in gear, focused, and doing what you really feel good about doing.

You.

One.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-06, 02:13 PM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

^^Absolutely...I made a thread similar to this last week in "Cerebral Approach." I think as you age, you simply stop letting certain things get to you. I've learned that most of what people say comes from their experiences. It has NOTHING, NOTHING to do with me at all. So, when someone says, "Q, you're an idiot," it really has nothing to do with me. On the other hand, when someone says, "Q, you're wonderful," it also really has nothing to do with me, but them. I'm learning more and more to be comfortable in my own skin. And, it's a great thing.

Question, where is all this consciousness coming from all of a sudden Apexx?
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-06, 02:16 PM   #3
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: AF88 6884

damn, apexx, that's some real shit man..... I agree

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-06, 02:33 PM   #4
..Decree..
The Rulers Back

IP: 2E43 6BFE

Word to that...=1=

Y.ou Know My Style 20 Niggas Wit 40 Cals

Send a message via AIM to ..Decree..   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-06, 02:45 PM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
^^Absolutely...I made a thread similar to this last week in "Cerebral Approach." I think as you age, you simply stop letting certain things get to you. I've learned that most of what people say comes from their experiences. It has NOTHING, NOTHING to do with me at all. So, when someone says, "Q, you're an idiot," it really has nothing to do with me. On the other hand, when someone says, "Q, you're wonderful," it also really has nothing to do with me, but them. I'm learning more and more to be comfortable in my own skin. And, it's a great thing.

Question, where is all this consciousness coming from all of a sudden Apexx?

Q, this "conciousness" comes from finding true self worth and living what real happiness is. Hapiness isn't someone else feeling good because you did something. It's YOU feeling good because you did it. I don't call it conciousness or that I "found" religion or anything like that. To me, it's just "peace" - and you make it, not find it. It's impossible to "find" something that you create. You can only "find" something that already exists. What's better than world peace? As far as I can see, it's having peace with the world.

If you're doing something for the sole purpose of trying to look better or higher or trying to compare your self to someone else, then you're doing it for the WAY wrong reasons. They're them. You're you. You're the ONLY you, so how are you better or worse than anyone at being yourself? Being what you are brings peace. Doing what you love brings true happiness, and that's something we all owe our selves.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 02-22-06 at 02:48 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-06, 02:51 PM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Q, this "conciousness" comes from finding true self worth and living what real happiness is. Hapiness isn't someone else feeling good because you did something. It's YOU feeling good because you did it. I don't call it conciousness or that I "found" religion or anything like that. To me, it's just "peace" - and you make it, not find it. It's impossible to "find" something that you create. You can only "find" something that already exists. What's better than world peace? As far as I can see, it's having peace with the world.

If you're doing something for the sole purpose of trying to look better or higher or trying to compare your self to someone else, then you're doing it for the WAY wrong reasons. They're them. You're you. You're the ONLY you, so how are you better or worse than anyone at being yourself? Being what you are brings peace. Doing what you love brings true happiness, and that's something we all owe our selves.

I agree. I started having this epiphany not long ago. And, I find that it's improved my relations with other people and even myself.

This would make for a good round table discussion.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-06, 03:38 PM   #7
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 5350 A834

werd Apexx. baisically, fuck wut anybody else thinks, thas how i am, i do me n not try n b wut utha ppl want me 2 b. n im 1 of tha most popular ppl round here, n tha mafuckaz who try n frunt like theyre sumthin they aint, most ppl dont like them, naw mean? werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 02-22-06, 04:32 PM   #8
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Kolby, what I'm saying is less along the lines of "fuck what everybody thinks" and more along the lines of "I understand the reason that people feel the need to act like they do, which causes them to think what they think and say what they say. But regardless of that, I feel great" and it's the truth. It dosen't even register in my head to react to someone's negativity. It has no value to me and always equals zero. I'm emotionally indifferent to it, but highly reactive to the positive and can only see the positive since that's the only thing with a real world value and substance when you really look at it. I can only see progress in an action, because there is no such thing as "failure". Everything you do, you learn from. That's progress. This means that no matter what you do, it's impossible to fail because you're always making progress.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 02-22-06, 09:55 PM   #9
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 819D 3297

Couldnt of said it better myself..

But I get the feeling there was an underlying motive of self justification behind making this thread...

You been copping hate from certain cats latly or something?
Old 02-22-06, 09:58 PM   #10
L.E
L.E

IP: 4F84 8C0F

Good thread.

I agree with it...as long as you make yourself happy, everybody else can go fuck themselves.
Old 02-22-06, 11:26 PM   #11
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 6E88 FDB8

I jus do what I do..... to quote jigga on a Mariah carey colab (lmao) "Gotta let it do what it do baaaby". word.

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-06, 12:05 AM   #12
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 3053 F660

^ that song is fucking ill
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-06, 12:52 AM   #13
SerB
....S.....

IP: 329A 17E6

When i jack someone Ipod or smash a bottle over some kids head i dont feel sorry or bad.

fuck that, i'ma animal.
Old 02-23-06, 01:01 AM   #14
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Word man... thats some good shit.
Old 02-23-06, 02:18 AM   #15
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Couldnt of said it better myself..

But I get the feeling there was an underlying motive of self justification behind making this thread...

You been copping hate from certain cats latly or something?

Nah, not at all. Quite the opposite. I've never felt this happy in my life and it radiates everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbness
When i jack someone Ipod or smash a bottle over some kids head i dont feel sorry or bad.

fuck that, i'ma animal.

I never knew that in a world of humans, it was good to be an animal, but Ignorance is bliss. So smile!

The chain of questions starts with "why do you want to take someones iPod?"

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.