RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-08, 07:19 AM   #31
Brydon
I made it and il end it

Text Record: 13-9
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: CAB7 929E

I can accept some peps opinions but what i think is fucked up is how people think they know right from wrong on a subject they have never encounted.
It is not selfish- so what most of you peps are saying is someone is suffering so bad that they feel to weak or scarred to carry on with what is happening in there life that they should live through it by no certain means nessasary?
In my opinion if someone hated life so much and they saw them struggle for years, i would'nt blame them for taking there own life or be angry with them.You should feel in bliss that they have finally found peace with themselves.
It is selfish to not understand there position and immeditaly put full blame on there front because of there own grief.
I would never hold it against them if someone close to me took there life if they were suffering that bad, i would simply be gutted that i lost someone i was close too but happy that they no longer feel that day to day pain.
Send a message via MSN to Brydon   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 10:50 AM   #32
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: C7DD 3348

speaking of ducking cali how about you go and peep the thread at the top of LL

and i agree it can be considered selfish but as someone else said it can be seen as a double standard if one says it is selfish due to their caring about the impact it would have on them.

and everyone has at least one weakness, whether physical, psychological or emotional (albeit to varying degrees most probably) so no one should be rushing in to label it weak as that is also hypocrasy in itself
Old 09-08-08, 11:01 AM   #33
Mannie Fresh
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: B390 A7D0

i believe it is just a sign of weakness and selfishness.... the only way i believe it to be an "acceptable" option is if you are already in mortal danger... like if u have been diagnosed with cancer or have just become a vegetable.... something where a literal lifetime of pain would occur... people who kill themselves because their girlfriend broke their heart, have had a lifetime of heartache, they can't find a job, or enough money to really scrape by, is just a sign of weakness, that they cant deal with their own issues.... i think that it almost takes alot of "balls" to actually go through with it, but it is a Huge sign of mental weakness, fear, and selfishness.... anyone who ever thought about how they could potentially ruin the lives of their family and friends wouldnt do it unless they were that selfish

Fucka Katrina Gustav
Old 09-08-08, 11:09 AM   #34
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: AA7B EBA8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
They can, but it's hypocritical for any outsider or insider, to claim selfishness on the one that commits suicide.

gotcha...that makes much more sense.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 11:18 AM   #35
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.L.I
o.k first off o.m.b was'nt no legend.he pretty much sucked and then got o.k but he was never that good...................anyways.suicide is weak because it is nothing more then a final form of running away.it is ducking and avoiding whatever is troubling you instead of facing these things wether they be inner demons or actual problems in life.suicide is nothing more then running away.suicide is feeling that running away is so important that you will give the most precious thing you have and that is life.those who commit suicide are cowards or maybe just so crazy that they don't realize the actions that they do.sucide is very final so it does take some measure of courage to even commit the act.i love life so much i could'nt imagine giving it up.maybe in the end suicide is just not caring anymore.

cali...you've been out of fucking line lately. You consider yourself a legend...most if not all the people on this board....consder OMB to have been better then you....when he first got here...he was immediately dropping with the best...battling with the best...and over-all...contributing to the site more then 98% of the people who have ever been here on an intellectual level. His talent exceeded yours and just about everyone you know...and to top it off....he never let his ego get out of hand....as a matter of fact...he had maybe the smallest ego out of anyone here that could actually write. To say OMB was a good dude, is a fucking understatement...and you should feel ashamed of yourself to be the ONLY one who is selfish enough to tarnish his name without having just cause.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 02:32 PM   #36
Mannie Fresh
New to RV

IP: B390 A7D0

i didnt know omb was your hero, V

Fucka Katrina Gustav
Old 09-08-08, 03:37 PM   #37
Brydon
I made it and il end it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie Fresh

.......................................TIT^
Old 09-08-08, 03:44 PM   #38
Brydon
I made it and il end it

Quote:
i believe it is just a sign of weakness and selfishness.... the only way i believe it to be an "acceptable" option is if you are already in mortal danger... like if u have been diagnosed with cancer or have just become a vegetable.... something where a literal lifetime of pain would occur... people who kill themselves because their girlfriend broke their heart, have had a lifetime of heartache, they can't find a job, or enough money to really scrape by, is just a sign of weakness, that they cant deal with their own issues.... i think that it almost takes alot of "balls" to actually go through with it, but it is a Huge sign of mental weakness, fear, and selfishness.... anyone who ever thought about how they could potentially ruin the lives of their family and friends wouldnt do it unless they were that selfish

Like i was saying...................

If you are ever unfortunatley put in to the position of not wanting to live.......Its extremely hard to think of others, which inbeing is not selfish its just like the situation you are in and what your feelin, it makes anything else unimportant or vaguely memorable and inturn things that are valuable in your heart are no longer because your brain is so obsessed in how you yourself is feelin. Its a natural process.....
Old 09-08-08, 03:46 PM   #39
Brydon
I made it and il end it

Also when life feels like not worth living, you feel like you owe the world nothing.

(this is not in all cases)
Old 09-08-08, 05:41 PM   #40
Magic5

IP: 060C C79E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday Blay
yeah its pretty obvious why its weak Mim... and the most selfish thing somebody could do.

How is your opinion pretty obvious to anybody but you? You think suicide is a weak and selfish act, and I don't. I used to, but my opinion has changed.

For those of you that think only weak people commit suicide, may I ask whether or not you have ever been seriously depressed? I'm not talking about whether you've been sad after a breakup with a girl, etc. because everybody has. I'm asking whether you've ever suffered from depression. Have you ever seriously considered suicide? If you do decide to answer, please be honest.

I'm not going to make assumptions about people, so I'll wait to respond until after I see the kind of audience I'm talking to.

Last edited by Mimesis : 09-08-08 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-08-08, 05:44 PM   #41
Magic5

IP: 060C C79E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Oh no.

One less human. So much suffering. Make it stop.

but let's take a look at this for a second.

Selfish... okay, I'll buy that..

Say it's your, dad that kills himself. You were a little kid. What a selfish guy right?

Wrong... You want him alive to take care of you. Could it possibly be that, despite his pain and suffering, you're only thinking about YOUR needs? I think so. You're the selfish one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
They can, but it's hypocritical for any outsider or insider, to claim selfishness on the one that commits suicide.

I disagree with a lot of the shit you post, but I think that's actually a good point. I never thought about it like that.
Old 09-08-08, 10:16 PM   #42
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:

i don't know who you are at all.

so, i can't say i'm suprised that you wouldn't know that about me.

OMB was a cool ass dude...i never looked up to him...because i don't look up to anyone. But if I did...there would be no shame in it. And I think everyone that knew him on a personal level would agree.

Old 09-08-08, 10:22 PM   #43
Sagat
New to RV

IP: 241E A61A

i think of suicide as basically giving up. there are other options no matter how you put it. the person just isn't strong enough to put up with the fight nemore. hence a weak way to go
Old 09-08-08, 10:28 PM   #44
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brydon
Also when life feels like not worth living, you feel like you owe the world nothing.

(this is not in all cases)

this is to everyone...not just you bry...
how often do people legitimately feel like they are doing the world a favor...or those around them a favor...by not existing? One of my best friends, who has had trouble getting on his feet...i've helped him out a lot..and I heard from his mother whom he's very close with..that in lower points in his life...he's made suggestions that he didn't want to live anymore..because he felt like he was a burden on other peoples lives.
Now, if someone is capable of thinking completely logical in those situations...i would call suicide selfish...because obviously...they would rather take the easy way out..then take the necessary steps to not be a burden. But, in moments where suicide seems like a viable option...i don't imagine logic being a strong influence on any of the decisions they make. Those decisions are fueled by emotion...and impulse..not logic...in times as dark as those for an individual...logic is either thrown completely out of the window...or warped. In my opinion....being selfish...is acting only on things that benefit you directly. Also, in my opinion, people more often then not...take their own lives in an attempt to bennefit others.

Old 09-08-08, 10:29 PM   #45
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

And as the point's been raised, it's not really about depression more than it is State Of Mind.

depression is just a label for a certain type of state of mind, and like any state, it has severity levels. There is both a Self[ish] and Self[less] state of mind attributed to Suicide. There are also methods of suicide that have nothing to do with themselves or other people, which aren't involving any sort of selves at all. I have studied suicide a lot because I've considered it (God forbid pinky shows the fuck up to tell me why he thinks my life is lame) and there are many situations involving.

Single example of a selfish suicide: "I have obligations and duties to other people which are good things for them. I am expected and/or the only one who can complete these duties. I want to satisfy their needs and it is perhaps a must that I do, however, I cannot forget my past (???) and must kill myself right now."

Example of Self[less] suicide: "Everyone I've ever come into contact with dislikes me and I've harmed every single human being in my life either emotionally or physically. I am wanted dead. I will complete the act myself." (Although this being a subjective opinion, and would be labeled depression by most psychiatrists, it is essentially, as depression is also, a state of mind)

Political suicide:
Buddhist monks self immolated themselves (Lit themselves on fire) to protest the cruelty done to .. Buddhist monks. This took place in Vietnam. Although they are doing the act to get what they want from their government, making them (selfish), they are giving something up in return, their life. Making them resembling more a side of Selflessness. That could also be argued in modern USA with a quick twist of logic, "You hurt Buddhist monks to save Buddhist monks?"

In ancient China, if you committed an offense toward someone with grand power who had authority over you, that leader/higher authority figure could sentence you to kill yourself. If you are disloyal, you will abandon your higher authority and gain shame. If you are loyal, you will kill yourself. This is not an act of selfish or selflessness, because it is a grave situation (death) that some people will not face. However of course in all cases of suicide it seems, abandoning his duties for his life is Selfish (with a loss of honor), whereas being a loyal servant in itself to any single other person or cause, is loyalty, and selfless.

But there is only one situation I can't put my finger on as either selfish or selfless, and that's when the person who's in a depressive state of mind is thinking about what other people have done to them and that by killing themselves they'll make a point.

I would assume.. that the point being made is what counts. Trying to teach them:
-I need to be more kind to people and mellow out. Make better decisions and be more giving. (Then the person who killed themselves for a point, took extreme measures in a self[less] act.)
-I am a shitty person and I deserve to die because i have costed this poor person's life through my actions. (selfish of the suicide(r), to wish that be the point to cross the person's mind)

of course in this situation only, it's really rather impossible to tell, as you don't know what the person taking their own life is really thinking at all, in their own state of mind. It is probably in this instance best that the person write a letter.

=)

I hope that sheds light on what you view of OMB..

and to the guy who said I respect OMB, yeah, I liked arguing with him on RV the most, so he had more of my respect. I don't really care what you think of me or terumoto, but I've always done my best to honor his death and my efforts won't go wasted by any bland or heartless opinion.

Edit: Oh.. he was talking to In-Vision.. alright then , my fault. .
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|