RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-08, 10:51 PM   #46
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: AA7B EBA8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
And as the point's been raised, it's not really about depression more than it is State Of Mind.

depression is just a label for a certain type of state of mind, and like any state, it has severity levels. There is both a Self[ish] and Self[less] state of mind attributed to Suicide. There are also methods of suicide that have nothing to do with themselves or other people, which aren't involving any sort of selves at all. I have studied suicide a lot because I've considered it (God forbid pinky shows the fuck up to tell me why he thinks my life is lame) and there are many situations involving.

Single example of a selfish suicide: "I have obligations and duties to other people which are good things for them. I am expected and/or the only one who can complete these duties. I want to satisfy their needs and it is perhaps a must that I do, however, I cannot forget my past (???) and must kill myself right now."

Example of Self[less] suicide: "Everyone I've ever come into contact with dislikes me and I've harmed every single human being in my life either emotionally or physically. I am wanted dead. I will complete the act myself." (Although this being a subjective opinion, and would be labeled depression by most psychiatrists, it is essentially, as depression is also, a state of mind)

Political suicide:
Buddhist monks self immolated themselves (Lit themselves on fire) to protest the cruelty done to .. Buddhist monks. This took place in Vietnam. Although they are doing the act to get what they want from their government, making them (selfish), they are giving something up in return, their life. Making them resembling more a side of Selflessness. That could also be argued in modern USA with a quick twist of logic, "You hurt Buddhist monks to save Buddhist monks?"

In ancient China, if you committed an offense toward someone with grand power who had authority over you, that leader/higher authority figure could sentence you to kill yourself. If you are disloyal, you will abandon your higher authority and gain shame. If you are loyal, you will kill yourself. This is not an act of selfish or selflessness, because it is a grave situation (death) that some people will not face. However of course in all cases of suicide it seems, abandoning his duties for his life is Selfish (with a loss of honor), whereas being a loyal servant in itself to any single other person or cause, is loyalty, and selfless.

But there is only one situation I can't put my finger on as either selfish or selfless, and that's when the person who's in a depressive state of mind is thinking about what other people have done to them and that by killing themselves they'll make a point.

I would assume.. that the point being made is what counts. Trying to teach them:
-I need to be more kind to people and mellow out. Make better decisions and be more giving. (Then the person who killed themselves for a point, took extreme measures in a self[less] act.)
-I am a shitty person and I deserve to die because i have costed this poor person's life through my actions. (selfish of the suicide(r), to wish that be the point to cross the person's mind)

of course in this situation only, it's really rather impossible to tell, as you don't know what the person taking their own life is really thinking at all, in their own state of mind. It is probably in this instance best that the person write a letter.

=)

I hope that sheds light on what you view of OMB..

and to the guy who said I respect OMB, yeah, I liked arguing with him on RV the most, so he had more of my respect. I don't really care what you think of me or terumoto, but I've always done my best to honor his death and my efforts won't go wasted by any bland or heartless opinion.

Edit: Oh.. he was talking to In-Vision.. alright then , my fault. .

nothing in there really sheded light on anything. Not that it wasn't a good post...it just wasn't anything i havn't already thought of/known. And my view of omb is set in stone. I can only speculate as to why he killed himself. And to be honest. I do believe that it was a selfish act. I believed he honestly saw no beauty in the world...and got so deep into his practice/study/belief of zen...and so obsessed with detatching reward from action...that he forgot how to enjoy himself.

But that's just me...i feel like i knew him relatively well. But what is relative mean on the internet?

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 01:17 AM   #47
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 28AD 5545

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Vision
cali...you've been out of fucking line lately. You consider yourself a legend...most if not all the people on this board....consder OMB to have been better then you....when he first got here...he was immediately dropping with the best...battling with the best...and over-all...contributing to the site more then 98% of the people who have ever been here on an intellectual level. His talent exceeded yours and just about everyone you know...and to top it off....he never let his ego get out of hand....as a matter of fact...he had maybe the smallest ego out of anyone here that could actually write. To say OMB was a good dude, is a fucking understatement...and you should feel ashamed of yourself to be the ONLY one who is selfish enough to tarnish his name without having just cause.

yes he battled the best when he came and he lost to them all..........including me.he was not good and thats just the truth.his record was like 20-35 at a time.he was never good and never won any league or tourney on this site.he was a bum period.just because someone died don't make them a legend!!

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 01:31 AM   #48
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.L.I
yes he battled the best when he came and he lost to them all..........including me.he was not good and thats just the truth.his record was like 20-35 at a time.he was never good and never won any league or tourney on this site.he was a bum period.just because someone died don't make them a legend!!

just like kirk isn't any good? swallow you're fucking pride man....over half the shit you just said isn't even true.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 11:21 AM   #49
Mannie Fresh
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: B390 A7D0

yea, V, but you spoke of him as if he was some hero "dont ever tarnish his memory!!"
i think CALI can have the opinion that OMB was a bitch if he wants to, i dont agree with him, but still, why is he not allowed to negatively talk about OMB? its not like he died yesterday

Fucka Katrina Gustav
Old 09-09-08, 12:32 PM   #50
proliferate
New to RV

IP: 91D6 BB1F

tarnish his memory with my reign.
Old 09-09-08, 02:23 PM   #51
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie Fresh
yea, V, but you spoke of him as if he was some hero "dont ever tarnish his memory!!"
i think CALI can have the opinion that OMB was a b..whatitch if he wants to, i dont agree with him, but still, why is he not allowed to negatively talk about OMB? its not like he died yesterday

because cali knows nothing about omb...cali is trying to judge him off of talent..and talent alone....and omb had 10 times more talent then cali could ever have.

It's like...a parapuhlegic who's never really played basketball...saying that ray allen is a terrible basketball player because he's never won a championship(prior to this year)

and once again...who the fuck are you? why are you so interested in my opinion.

And i don't think you're reading comprehension is very good...because I didn't say it like you're trying to make it sound like i said it. I didn't say "don't ever tarnish his name!!"

i said that he should feel like a douchebag for being the only person who is selfish enough to tarnish his name.....because i know how cali operates....he talks shit about somebody else....to indirectly imply he is better...he likes to pretend he's one of the greats from some classic era which realistically...wasn't as good as he hypes it up to be.....and then he likes to pretend that he was a pivotal part of that.

if cali had said...."i didn't really like the guy...we didn't get along" i would have nothing to say to him.

Last edited by In-Vision : 09-09-08 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-09-08, 06:22 PM   #52
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 66C0 1F5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
it depends on the justification of suicide and life sucks in general so I encourage suicide to those who want to help the lives of others, there is of course the "Enduring mass amounts of laboring pain so you can give the next guy some cash in his pocket and food to eat" route, but that's too Jesus-like..

but in the case of me, where life is just absolute shit and I want to die, I'm just like, okay well I'll keep living because that's what people expect of me and it won't teach a good lesson to anyone if I simply end my life without any final words.

Anyway I might or might not have cancer but if I do, I'll have to accept it. Life is just .. meh. If you have a girlfriend and she says she loves you, all you gotta do is die and she'll be taking in some other guy's dick within months or years. She'll get the fuck over you.

That's how fake and twisting this world is, and I don't want any part of it. Which is also why I refuse to have sex.

Thats your excuse for being a virgin?

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-08, 09:11 PM   #53
_Talksic_
Addicted

IP: FF45 4DAA

would never do it....period

"the loudest one in the room is the weakest"- frank lucas..
Old 09-10-08, 01:01 AM   #54
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Thats your excuse for being a virgin?

I'm not a virgin ..
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 09-10-08, 01:03 AM   #55
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D99F 98A8

refusing to have sex just doesent compute with me man..

i dont know how you do it
Old 09-10-08, 01:57 AM   #56
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

its cuz he's a sexual bro hahaha
Old 09-10-08, 02:07 AM   #57
сварливый

Yehhhh right I get horny as a muh fuck =(

it just makes me feel so weakly human when I follow through with my natural urges.

If things were meant to be natural then we'd be fucking each other in the ass all the time like our monkey specie brethren. Sucking each other's cocks and our women would be licking each other's pussies and playing with each other constantly.

Doesn't that kinda remind you of 'kinky' human sex?
Old 09-10-08, 02:44 AM   #58
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: E8A0 59CD

I've honestly thought of it a few times when I had psoriasis.. covered literally over 90% of my body.. Absolutely torture.. Had no health insurance or anything and just I couldn't get help for it. So I thought to kill myself to take away the pain. But Thank God I didnt do it. 7-9 Months after that situation, I was able to get free medical insurance and healed it.. .. But yeah, I can feel what others would feel but just dont give up in those crazy situations like what I had.. If i did continue with it, I would have never met my fiance..

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 09:57 AM   #59
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D99F 98A8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Yehhhh right I get horny as a muh fuck =(

it just makes me feel so weakly human when I follow through with my natural urges.

If things were meant to be natural then we'd be fucking each other in the ass all the time like our monkey specie brethren. Sucking each other's cocks and our women would be licking each other's pussies and playing with each other constantly.

Doesn't that kinda remind you of 'kinky' human sex?

what are you on about...

sex is the bomb diggity of all human urges... i wouldnt deny myself that shit, women are what keeps a smile on your face man...
Old 09-10-08, 10:06 AM   #60
сварливый

There's a concrete wall that separates me and you...

my world is as twisted to you as yours is to me ..