RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-06, 11:19 AM   #16
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5604 99A1

ok ok remember in my big arse post i said NOT NDE's purely coz...they weren't actually "dead" so to speak

The term 'near-death experience', or NDE, refers to a wide array of experiences reported by some people who have nearly died or who have thought they were going to die.

^ that's the first sentence in the link you provided...

the people i have mentioned...were flatline, no brain activity whatsoever...DEAD in medical terms...NDE's aren't dead in medical terms...they're just as the saying goes "within an inch of their life"

so what are you trying to say considering i'm not talking about this party of people?...bearing in mind out of 3 examples i gave, only 1 CLINICALLY DEAD patient experienced an outer body experience...

basically i'm with you on this one as well, there's no way we could possibly understand what happens after we die because we haven't been dead then recussitated...i reckon 90% percent don't even know themselves who it's happened to but there's a percentage who've managed to recollect "memories" while they've been flatline with no active brain stimulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-06, 11:31 AM   #17
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 0594 3125

FYI i was referring to serbness' post
Old 09-29-06, 11:33 AM   #18
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

NDE means anybody who has been dead and then come back to life. They only call it near death because it was not a final death.

I've seen those documentaries as well.. Its always some woman from Texas, or like some guy from England or Georgia or some shit. They make all these claims with no actual proof, and many viable explinations.
Old 09-29-06, 11:40 AM   #19
The Jett
Im Short.Ur Fat.He's Gay.

Text Record: 48-16
Audio Record: 17-11
IP: 54B5 A8B5

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbness
understand this. when you die, nothing happens to you. it's like sleeping.

a regular heart rate is at like 70 - 90 in a relax status. once you sleep your heart rate drops to around 50-60, where you blank out and sleep. No dreams are happening. your just blank out, untill like the last hour where the dream happens.
once your heart rate reaches a low you body shuts down.

and also. when you get knocked out, the moment you are knocked out. you don't dream, you can't think or anything, well ppl... thats how death is. you being knocked out is like short term death, where u wake up in like 20seconds later. while death is you not coming back beacause the blow is bad.

you think God waits for you to die to put you in heaven? no nothing happens. god isn't a fairy, he don't make shit like that human. his power has limit, and none of the limit goes to you. as the glaxay is way to large.

God damn.....
This guys got it all figured out.
Send a message via AIM to The Jett Send a message via MSN to The Jett   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-06, 11:46 AM   #20
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 5604 99A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TeamOne-
FYI i was referring to serbness' post

na it's cool i jus used this thread as a good excuse to tell people aboutthe programme i saw the other day coz it was real interesting and i was too lazy to make a thread...

and the documentary i saw wasn't about NDE...it was following a man who had to be clinically dead to have an anaurysm removed...the woman who told her story bout her outer body experience was more a filler side of the programme...

but it's mad interesting...i still think these people have a better idea...not actually KNOW what happens when you die...but they've definitely been to a place of existence that we can only imagine...unless it happens to us

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-06, 05:33 PM   #21
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

Close your eyes and focus on the color yellow...just imagine a block of that color. See how long you can maintain that image. For some, a second or two; others claim to be able to do it for long periods of time. The brain is able to mentally reproduce color, which is: light reflecting off objects + cones in the eyes = chemical reaction = brain registers and interprets. By closing your eyes, you cancel out both light and the cones present in your eyes to receive the certain registered color.

A good example of this would be dreaming in color --- something not all people do, as a substansial porportion of the human race dreams in black and white (which I personally do not do). So we're able to reproduce these colors --- even black and white are colors, having their own reasons for being separate.

So we're able to create images of the real world, even from fantasy. The brain itself is immeasurably complex, and it seems if there is a possibility of the body even being resurrected the brain may theoretically be able to function and produce near-death experiences. Everything in the universe moves unless it's energy or has reached absolute zero.

The brain commonly shows us what we want to believe...and it knows, subconsciously, that you just got hit by a car or a sledgehammer crashed into your chest and stopped your heartbeat. You don't know this, when you're clinically dead, but if your brain is able to survive this particular time, with its immense complexity, it's probably going to tailor to your specific religious belief or whatever. Light at the end of the tunnel, speaking with your grandmother, anything you associate with death can subconsciously rise. Just like you don't control your dream consciously --- at least in the beginning.

I'd like to see if any Hindus or any other religion has also seen the light at the end of the tunnel (especially if they've never even been within earshot of the term before).

Long story short, I'm going to be cremated incase my brain continues to function though the energy of thought still being in existence. It'll probably suck, the afterlife, because there is that rather grim possibility of the energy in your body continuing to exist. I'm going to get cremated and sprinkled along the Earth, so at least if this is the case I don't 'stare' at the lid of my coffin for an eternity.
Old 09-29-06, 07:07 PM   #22
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Remembering or seeing thought in colors is just a tool of memory. All any memory is is a neural sequence similar to that of a real experience, but with a tag on it so your body doesnt confuse it with reality. When the tag malfunctions, thats when you get shit like hallucinations, dellusions, and conditions such as schizophrenia.

Light at the end of the tunnel is a very common NDE, and even a very common response to some drugs. It's caused by neural noise.

If you started with very little neural noise and it gradually increased, the effect would be of a light at the centre getting larger and larger and hence closer and closer....the tunnel would appear to move as the noise levels increased and the central light got larger and larger....If the whole cortex became so noisy that all the cells were firing fast, the whole area would appear light (Blackmore 1993, 85).
Old 09-29-06, 09:31 PM   #23
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 7291 1D3E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Dude, your energy is already dwindling from old age, or your body isnt able to process it due to a fatal blow. You're not the only thing in the universe, your energy would just dissipate into whatever is around, or stay in your body for a while till it starts decomposing.

or or or or... so u know nothin as well

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-06, 09:54 PM   #24
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Uhh.. That is just apparent. You can even prove it in science. As things decompose they produce heat energy, kinetic energy and various other kinds of energy. Those energies are then no longer in the body, but in the universe.
Old 09-29-06, 11:22 PM   #25
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 7392 DDA0

Proof? Any theories with actual evidence?

No? Alright then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 09-30-06, 12:10 AM   #26
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

The one I stated is proven, but it doesn't disprove other theories.
Old 09-30-06, 12:17 AM   #27
Black City
Light Weight

Text Record: 6-5
IP: 8B1F 42E1

ummmm, so who died and got a chance to tell this information? thats my only question
Send a message via AIM to Black City   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-06, 12:20 AM   #28
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

People who have died and then been revived.
Old 09-30-06, 12:22 AM   #29
Black City
Light Weight

Text Record: 6-5
IP: 8B1F 42E1

really........*ponders*
Send a message via AIM to Black City   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-06, 11:26 PM   #30
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

Teru, the point was that the mind is able to do things such as make up what is not there. Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel, but more of along the lines of being judged at the pearly gates or angels with little harps (I'm quite sure angels are supposedly something like three-headed dragons, instead of the romanticized fluffy-winged creatures of today), your brain is powerful enough at times like that to produce images that don't exist. Like you said, when that line is crossed, you become delusional. That line would probably be crossed at the point of dying, where they probably receive the vision, and not at the actual time of death. Not that I have any scientific proof, but it's speculation --- I'm sure the links you provided have more accurate data.