RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-05, 09:53 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

The next audio heads on RV to "blow"...PROPHESIES & the state of RV audio

IP: 1ADC A69C

There are audio heads on RV that are already either good or excellent with their flow and/or lyrics. There are some that have made improvement over the past year. However, there are some that are unpolished gems waiting to shine. Here are a few I think have just begun to, or are going to establish a name for themselves on RV, and possibly elsewhere:

1. Titobronsky: Last year he was decent on the mic. He had a good rhyme scheme, but lacked depth with the flow, IMO. Currently, he's one of the few cats that can make me raise an eyebrow when I listen to his flow. That, comebined with delivery, is borderline amazing. He's experimented with different schemes and styles, and continues to make me go "I need to step my game up so this kid won't dust my ass."

2. Cho Khan Miwang: Now, here's someone who knows more about rap than 90% of the site. The only other person I can think of that may know more is Triple N, based on those I've talked to. Cho is a lyricist at best, crazy at worst. As he begins to polish his delivery of those lyrics, he'll be a force to reckon with.

3. Young Montana: When I first heard this kid, I was surprised at his rhyming and flowing abilities. It wasn't that I didn't think he was talented, but that his real life persona doesn't match his confidence on the mic. That = ENTERTAINER in the making. He has the voice, the flow, the look, and the talent to have success. Now, the question is, does he have the drive and determination to make it happen?

4. Excetera: That's right, excetera. Some of you all may not have heard of him. He's new to the site, and a member of PSA. When I first heard his voice, I said "I GOTS TO COLLAB WITH HIM." I bugged this cat through PMs until he got in contact with me on MSN. A collab is in the works, btw. Anyway, excetera has a Camp Lo feel to him, IMO. Once he polishes his mic presence and flow, and ups his metas, he will be a true joy to listen to, I'm telling you!

On another note, here's a problem I see with RV audio heads. Alot of heads have the mentality, "I'm going to drop the best track on RV" or "This is going to be my best track ever." I think people should adopt the attitude of, "I'm going to do the best I can on this track and give it EVERYTHING I have." The rest will fall into place. We all can elevate SOME aspect of our rapping. Another issue is the lack of listenable (is that a word?) tracks in the songs forum. I can count on 1 hand the # of audio heads I can tolerate listening to. Past Tense is one of them. He's easy on the ears. Quality plays a big role in that. Some cats have EQ levels off the fuckin chain and it hurts my damn ears, for real. That's a shame because I'm sure they have alot to say. I just can't hear it, literally.

Revised RV Top 10, in my honest opinion, EXCLUDING myself:

1 Tito
2 Tony Self
3 Limited Edition
4 Apexx
5 Triple N
6 Ike
7 Young Montana
8 Past Tense
9 Cho Khan Miwang
10 q..............fuck it, I couldn't resist....lol

PAYCE!

Last edited by Tha Q. : 12-17-05 at 10:04 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 10:44 AM   #2
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 60C0 6C68

me and phase one > limited edition and past tense

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 11:14 AM   #3
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Text Record: 14-0
Audio Record: 6-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FEFC E273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
me and phase one > limited edition and past tense

i actually agree with that statement
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 02:07 PM   #4
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 3053 F660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.

2. Cho Khan Miwang: Now, here's someone who knows more about rap than 90% of the site. The only other person I can think of that may know more is Triple N, based on those I've talked to. Cho is a lyricist at best, crazy at worst. As he begins to polish his delivery of those lyrics, he'll be a force to reckon with.

i absolutely agree with this....dudes lyrics are nuts lol...he has a dope voice...and def. has insane potential...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
3. Young Montana: When I first heard this kid, I was surprised at his rhyming and flowing abilities. It wasn't that I didn't think he was talented, but that his real life persona doesn't match his confidence on the mic. That = ENTERTAINER in the making. He has the voice, the flow, the look, and the talent to have success. Now, the question is, does he have the drive and determination to make it happen?.

yep....agree with this too....

never heard ext......ill have to check him out....

our top 10's are WAY different lol....but not a bad list at all i must say....

overall....good thread...hopefully people will start checking the "up and comings" more often and the songs forum will start boosting more
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 02:13 PM   #5
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 2372 BC06

I guess I have to work harder if I'm not on yall lists.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 02:14 PM   #6
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

I hate every single one of you with all of my heart.
Old 12-17-05, 02:18 PM   #7
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusade
I hate every single one of you with all of my heart.

your just jealous man, take it simple.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 02:18 PM   #8
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Old 12-17-05, 02:24 PM   #9
.Ike.
Ike

i think crusade in Indeph...i dunno....but yes.....Indeph also has MAD potential...i think more potential than anyone on this site honestly
Old 12-17-05, 02:24 PM   #10
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: B2EC 0659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid
I guess I have to work harder if I'm not on yall lists.

^ werdaGe
guess I gotta step up my game s'more...luckily for me, I already know what I need to work on cuz my friends are good to me and are honest, not ass kissers
(not saying yours are, of course)

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 02:24 PM   #11
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: 12E7 3621

na will sunyu i'd have too disagree with u being better then me

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 12-17-05, 02:25 PM   #12
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invektive
i think crusade in Indeph...i dunno....but yes.....Indeph also has MAD potential...i think more potential than anyone on this site honestly

Why ike.... I... I... you.
Old 12-17-05, 02:25 PM   #13
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 20E4 CB4A

Of course you would..

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 02:26 PM   #14
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

um I need love....

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Old 12-17-05, 02:27 PM   #15
.Ike.
Ike

so crusade is indeph?...

ok...lol....yea dude...you need to get a set up...and get to work on them songs...i like your stuff....you got potential for real