RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-06, 05:32 AM   #1
(X)eed
(X) CeEding all Expectations

Text Record: 11-18
Critics nd Pac

IP: E187 C6FC

i wuz sUrffin on tha net.. nd this wat i found bout ..sum critics nd pAc.

Genuine_Stud
Well, this song might not be about gang raping or rolling into town with 20" blades, but it's still far from really doing anything positive. All he did was relay stories about what everyone already knows. If 2Pac truly wanted to make a difference and be positive, maybe he should have gone around promoting anti-violence and demeaning the sorry ass thug lifestyle that he lived by, instead of putting out one weak, pseudo sentimental song while still "repasenten da' (whatever the hell side he was on)". I mean, who makes millions, and still acts like they're in the hood (well....besides just about every rapper)?

Inna: If you don't believe in the lyrics and lifestyle that go with it, what purpose is there in listening to rap? Chanting non-existant words to samples and soundbites of other people's music, or overplayed melodies, is far from an art form. Rap was never intended to be art. It was always about promoting a certain style and way of life. And anything the media puts out is influencial. They set the tone for how everyone's "supposed to be". That's the purpose of something/someone being popular. The fact that your brother is repeating the lyrics means he's already been infected by the influence.

ardenik
yes it is.

that doesnt mean there is no such thing as good rap. there is. there isnt much, but it exists.. but the question is not related to the musical merit of rap music. does rap music have a generally negative influence on society? of course it does. more so than any other pop-cultural phenomenon, i could safely say.. violent behaviour, absolute full-of-oneself-ness, & the idea that disrespecting another person (or simply popping a cap in his sorry a$$) is the primary way to gain respect from others... what other medium could u use to condone such things with so much media attention? is it not proof enough that the leading rapper these days is also the one with metal teeth & the most bullet holes in his body?

it really doesnt take a genius.

Genuine_Stud
Far From Doing Anything Really Positive???????

It's sending out a message to women that despite the type of lifestyle that they live, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep Ya Head Up.... you know?

It tells them that they can grow out of relationships where men treat them like crap and where they feel like they can't do anything about it. It tells them they can do something about it, because women have more power than they think, but are just blinded by the misguided love of a**holes.

This song also tells us that if you want to make a difference that you can and that all the violence around us is just temporary. That by keeping your head up and looking towards the future, there are better things out there ahead of you.

There isn't anything positive about that???

It doesn't take a whole album to make a difference. Sometimes, one song can have a greater impact than a whole album if you're smart enough to realize the messages/hidden messages from one song to the other.

Additionally, no matter what music you listen to...... only a fool would allow certain music to influence them. All of us have a mind of our own. All of us can think for ourselves. Sure, you can have songs evoke certain emotions, but only a moron would go and act out what the artist says or portrays.

In life, you have to be smarter and figure things out for yourself, rather than have guidence from entertainment sources that don't know any better.

tha names nd ppl.... hu talkd shit.. wts ur opinion...

(X)CeeD

Old 06-08-06, 01:17 PM   #2
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 085D 358C

Quote:
Originally Posted by (X)eed
tha names nd ppl.... hu talkd shit.. wts ur opinion...

^ just wanted to point that out...

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 06-08-06, 07:08 PM   #3
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 1924 510C

wait..what....lol...^ that quote even made no sense..
Old 06-08-06, 09:07 PM   #4
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 085D 358C

^ exactly my point...

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 06-09-06, 12:11 AM   #5
(X)eed

IP: 4AC1 491A

lol i meant.... tha quotes i just quoted nd their opinions .. in other words.. nd alsoo.. yes they dO talk alot of shit witout knowin wat pac actually dropppd nd acuse him of being a sort of sellout cuz he claims thug life nd yet talks bout ..... positive influences..??? hence u shud get mi point... ur opinions...

(X)CeeD

Old 06-09-06, 12:28 AM   #6
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: AA62 EAD1

Started reading this..

First paragraph person was a fucking idiot...

So I stopped...
Old 06-09-06, 12:46 AM   #7
The Creator
I beat bitches up

Text Record: 8-1
IP: F2F6 E26B

^same here....Pac talked about the shit bitches like the first person dont care to know....how can u promote anti-violence wit out letting them wat violence is....mu fuckaz aint never lived in the projects or had to avoid the short cuts home cuz a nigga got shot the weak before....in this manner...he made it an art form. by speaking out in not just stories that happend to him but stories that happend to people around him the struggle that people who dont deal wit it ignore and just blaim it on minorities....if we are fucked up its cus they left us to be fucked up....so our music will be reflection of self...word to yo mutha...lol...sorry...Im trying to bring that phrase back so look foward to seeing it a few times cuz Its gonna make a comeback....lol...
Old 06-09-06, 01:50 AM   #8
(X)eed

IP: DD0B B4B7

^^^^^^^^^^^^
xactly wat i said... fuck.. bro ppl act like 2pac wz just bout violence? fuck that. he told his side of tha story.

i cant b botherd arguin wit haters.. i mean all ways hip hop is targeted.. ritenow. nAs is mi fuckin idol that dude is siCk

(X)CeeD

Old 06-09-06, 01:52 AM   #9
(X)eed

IP: DD0B B4B7

i wna ask yall sum thing?.. i mean.. is rap nd shit all bout Gangs? nd gangsta shit?? obivously not? i mean but if u look at Ice cubes old shit its bout gangs nd shit? nd i guess normal critics find that hip hop nd hence say.. its all bout gangs.. or that its either 65% percent gangs nd 35% meaningfull shit?? 4 ex?.. i dunO holA

(X)CeeD

Old 06-09-06, 09:32 PM   #10
(X)eed

IP: B531 8177

^ i take that back after hearin sum new ice cube God im actin like a herb

(X)CeeD