RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-06, 02:20 PM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Ice Cube- Laugh Now, Cry Later

IP: FD17 BEA8

This album dropped today (6-6-06)...It's pretty nice! Cube had a lot to say, as always...so here's tha review.

01. Definition of a Westcoast G - This is just an intro. Nothing big, only about 15 seconds. No need to review. He says nothing.

02. Why We Thugs - I do believe everyone heard this. If not, you need to stop sleeping on real hip hop. This is a Scott Storch beat, and overall this song is bananas! The lyrics are nice and meaningful. He has a lot to say, and he does answer the question "Why we Thugs" if some of you wanted to know. I like this song, nice single, first single...nice song promotion for the album. 9/10

03. Smoke Some Weed-This beat is pretty nice. I kinda like it. I don't really like his flow, he keeps pausing, but it's ight. Obviously this is a weed song. Not the best I heard, but it's ight. I can see this being some shit you listen to when your high because the beat is wierd. Overall the song is ight. Skippable on my next listen.But, I do like how his rhymes aren't too simple and predictable. I'll give him credit for that. 5/10

04. Dimes & Nicks (A Call From Mike Epss)- This is a Mike Epps skit, so of course it's gunna be funny. Mike Epps is just saying he's going broke he needs to make another movie with Ice Cube. Funny shit. Mike Epps is hilarious!

05. Child Support-Wow!! This song is so fucking raw! Ice Cube is a cold hearted nigga. And don't get it twisted when you hear this song, he is not talking about actually children. He's talking about the rap game. I like the meaning of this song, it's so fucking tight. And the beat is nice. Not too flashy, it's just workable. Man, you can't skip this song. 8/10

06. 2 Decades Ago-Just a pointless skit, which I have no idea why it's even in here, but eh!

07. Do What It 'Posed To Do-I really don't like this hook, I feel it could've been alot better, but it's workable. This song is coo! Not really skippable, it's just that nice. Not really too much to say about this song, besides it coo. 6/10

08. Laugh Now, Cry Later - I really don't like this beat that much. But still, as I said before, Ice Cube is a cold hearted nigga. He's actually telling a story about his self. And it's still gangsta! The lyrics on this song is nice. He has a lot on his mind and you can tell. 5/10

09. Stop Snitchin'- The title explained itself. The intro sounds like this song is gunna be a lot better. His lyrics on this song are not the best on the album. But, this song is still ight. Basically he saying "stop snitchin' " 5/10

10. Go To Church ft. Snoop Dogg- I feel this is tha best song on this album. A Lil Jon beat of course, so you know the beat is Bananas! They talkin bout somebody on this song, but I don't know who. At the beginning of the song, Snoop says stop snitchin' and some other shit, and it sounds like he's talking about 50 Cent. Then in Ice Cubes lyrics he say, "...look at Mr. Jackson sitting there with no reaction" and "I aint Mike Jones keep my name out ya mouth"...so I dont know. I'm pretty sure they talking about 50, but on the other hand, this song it the best. The hook goes with the song coo...Lil Jon aint really screaming throughout tha whole song, so you can actually hear the lyrics. And...Snoop!! He ripped!!!! I'm suprised. This is a nice track. 10/10

11. The Nigga Trapp- I think this is a prison song. I'm not sure on that. basically he saying not to get trapped. And he call it a nigga trap. Get stuck in the system and can't get out. He talks about the governor of Cali in the (Arnold) and some funny and random shit in here, he talks about Flavor Flav, "Flavor Flav with a white bitch, that is wack/ Time to put that nigga back in my cadillac..." haha...This dude Ice Cube is a cold hearted nigga. That's why he said before his album comes out, it's gunna be laughing, but on the release date, alot of people guna be crying. This is a serious date. He saying alot on this track. He also talks about bush, The ghetto, black people in general and changing our ways. This is the most meaningful song on this album, it's just so cut throat cause he holds nothing back. 10/10

12. A History Of Violence-This is just a skit. Basically telling how gangs got started.

13. Growing Up- Hahaha, now he slows it down from the hard core cold hearted shit and goes back to growing up in the hood. This is a nice slow beat, and some nice lyrics that takes you back to the history of Ice Cube. Coo song, don't skip. If you didn't know about Cube, listen to this. 7/10

14. Click, Clack- Get Back- Back to the gang bang shit! Kinda wierd how he just threw this in after that slow song. In this song, he just telling you about his hood, South Central...Coo lyrics. ight beat. Overall nice song. Once again...Cube holds nuthin back. 6.5/10

15. The Game Lord - This beat is crazy. Nice fast beat that he just threw in there and ripped. This is a nice song. Tight lyrics. He tryna open people eyes to what is happening to us as minorities. They throw us in prison and want us to fight each other, but it's really us against them, and the sooner we open our eyes, we as minorities will be living better lives. 7/10

16. Chrome & Paint ft WC - I wouldn't really call this a single. It was on the radio for a good week, but go no promotion. This beat is coo, but the song is not all that. Tight lyrics though, but WC and Cube did ripp. Title explains itself...Cars and fast living. 6/10

17. Steal The Show - Another Scott Storch beat. Storch is blessing Cube with ill shit. Basically, he talking about spitting game to bitches! Coo song I guess. Not too much to say about it. 6/10

18. You Gotta Lotta That ft. Snoop Dogg - This beat is tight as fuck. I love this beat. I actually heard this months before the album dropped. Poor promotion on that. But, another Snoop and Cube collabo. Nice song. Another song for the bitches. Thats 2 in a row. What is Cube doing. This one is better than the one before because the beat and hook is better. 6.7/10

19. Spittin Pollaseeds ft. WC & Kokane- This shit sound like some straight Snoop Dogg shit. What was Cube thinking? This song is ight...not the best on here. Can't really tell what he talking about on here...and it sounds like he dissed Kanye in here. "...if you gotta backpack tryna act black/think you know the culture, you'sa fuckin vulture/you never aproach the mic, ya dress like a dyke saying what you don't like/who deserve 5 mics, who deserve 2/but the nigga with 2 still can serve you..." and he even said, "when I branish, mutha fuckas vanish, they don't understand like a nigga speaking spanish/no conprende, me no speak no engle/here a (smack) now ya ass feeling tingle/" <wow!! He talking bout somebody else there...throughout this whole song, he talking about people. Dude dropping straight subliminals throughout this whole album. Nice lyrics on this song as you can see. 8/10

20. Holla @ Cha Boy- This beat is tight. Lil Jon beat I think. Not too much to say about this song. Cube is just spitting raw shit. No holding back to anything. Can't tell who he talking about in this. So, ...7/10

Overall, this is a nice album. Just like Cube said, June 6th is gonna be a problem. Dude addresses alot of issues throughout this album. He also disses alot of people, subliminals and all, some of em were'nt. This album is just cutthroat and vicious. I like Cube cause he don't give a fuck, he says what he feels...and in his albums he always spitting knowledge. What most/all rappers out now lack. He opens ya eyes, in the hood and lets you know what's happening in the system. Why we not moving foward, and it's mainly us too. Overall, I give this album a 7/10...Cube is just vicious, and don't give a fuck. Go cop this. Fa real!!!
Old 06-06-06, 04:26 PM   #2
mR iKiLL.
.. ....... ... ....... ..

IP: 25CE F1CC

I didnt even know he was coming out with an album ..

Im A Punchline Champion ..
You Got Rhymes But I Heard It All Before Like Sunshine Anderson

Tha Q ----
Old 06-06-06, 04:53 PM   #3
Gopha
!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Text Record: 0-0
IP: E240 ADD8

def. wont buy, maybe download
Old 06-07-06, 12:51 PM   #4
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: FD17 BEA8

The album is actually good. Just buy it, cause he going thru his OWN record label.
Old 06-07-06, 09:22 PM   #5
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 979F 1775

i wanted to wait to read a review before i buy..and now that i have i prolly will..seems like something worht..thanks for the review..
Old 06-07-06, 11:17 PM   #6
.Eternal.
inFAMOUS

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 5043 32F4

buy it...i downlaoded it....like 2 weeks b4 it came out..and i still went to go buy it.
Old 06-08-06, 10:40 AM   #7
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: B8B4 D1AE

yea...buy the cd......don't download it........

i want the dj khalid to...
Old 06-08-06, 07:19 PM   #8
locknes
its WU muthafucka

IP: 99AD F785

why would any take your opion serouis when u said illmatic was whack
LmFAO
Old 06-09-06, 01:54 AM   #9
(X)eed