RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-03, 08:08 AM   #1
younggadget
wanna be sek-c

Text Record: 12-9
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
I'm new to audio so please help me..

IP: CCC8 812D

okay..this is my problem and this is what I'm tryin to do..and I want to know where am I messin up at....

I went to my sound recorder and recorded a quick freestlye..I saved it,then I went to Kazaa and uploaded to beats..Blunt Mc told me to get Cool Edit Pro,I got that,but I dont know how to use it...I need to know how do I mix the beat with my freestlye together and what do I use cool edit pro for?
Send a message via AIM to younggadget Send a message via Yahoo to younggadget   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-03, 01:20 PM   #2
Tha Vision

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: E0C2 1797

I got Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and I don't know if it's different on other versions....
Look at tha part on Cool Edit where you work on, if there is nothing that says Track 1, Track 2....Than go to View>>Multitrack View...Go to File>>Open Waveform...Than find tha beat and click Open...A small window will pop up and say that it's reading "blah blah"....After tha beat is opened it should be displayed on tha left side in that box...You can left click and drag tha beat into Track 1 or right click on it and click on "Insert into multitrack"...Than you can go to "Open Waveform..." again and open up your vocals and put them into track 2 and set tha vocals up by left clicking on tha vocal block in tha multitrack and placing it so your words fall into tha beat right (If you right click on tha thin green sliding bar at tha top you can zoom in or use tha magnifying glass at tha bottom left to zoom in and accurately place your vocals)....And for recording in Cool Edit Pro, you can click tha red "R" box to tha right of tha track your going to record into and than clicking tha red-circle record button at tha bottom to left to start tha recording...To edit your vocals you can right click on tha vocals block in tha multitrack and click on Edit Waveform and it will open you up to where you can only see tha vocals waveform...You can do any vocal editing from there if you want...

You might already know that but for mixing everything down just go to Edit>>Mixdown to file...>>and than click All waves or selected waves...And it should open up into tha single waveform with tha mixdown shown...Than just click Save as....and save it...

Hope that helps and can give you an idea of how to work Cool Edit Pro...Just mess around with things and you should get used to it...

Last edited by Tha Vision : 08-23-03 at 01:24 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Vision   Reply With Quote