RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Tutorials
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-03, 11:25 AM   #1
cameronj86
sofa king we todd did

Text Record: 10-7
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Stuck in between being average and being good?

IP: C810 F8D5

If you are in the spot were you can easily beat the newbs on the site, but have trouble with the more experienced people , this is for you....

In my opinion 2 things that seperate them are

1.) The set up- this baits the reader and leads them right into the punch, kinda like a joke, it's like telling a joke, if you build it up, it makes it that much better. I've noticed lately my set-up's have just been none existent, and I've tried to have a bar as too seperate punches, this works for some but obviously not for me.. lost 3 in a row over a LLL So now I'm focusing on the set up again...

2.) The word choice- good emcees stay outta that "normal rhyme scheme" such as
I don't give a shit about that snitch who's a bitch//
Rhymes hit or miss, he smells like piss and that's a diss//

What I mean by this is they don't rap the same bland words repeatedly. If readers can predict the next word you are going to rhyme, that means you are being too predictable. Like listening to those love song everyone likes, slow ones, you can often hear it for the first time and still predict what the rhyming words going to be. That usually seperates the good songs from the great ones. Try and mix it up a bit, I'm not saying going use everyoe big word you've learned in your SAT book, just don't fall into the repetitiveness that most "bling bling rappers" do..