RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-06, 06:27 AM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
I'm having a conflict of beliefs

IP: 0825 899A

Sorry to add another debate of religion in the board, but I've had this on my mind for a while. I believe in God, and it seems like people view believing in any religion as being brainwashed. I don't belong to any religion I just believe in God. What I'm asking everyone is... couldn't displaying an image of ignorance upon faith be someone brainwashing YOU into not believing? There's about a billion religions and so many lies have been told, but part of me always thinks that maybe there's truth in there somewhere. This is my opinion here, it's just what I believe. God probably molds new prophets in different areas, and all of them are supposed to shape those who wish to follow them into serving their purpous here. Everyone's take on this?
Old 05-06-06, 06:21 PM   #2
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 8262 49AE

You know the teachings of Buddha and Jesus are remarkably similiar? There could be a prophet from every region that God/gods have sent out to give the freedom of choice in religion, and whatever religion you believe in and if it has an afterlife, you are permitted to enter it. Basically, every religion has a separate afterlife. Who knows, man?
Old 05-06-06, 07:06 PM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 2B7A 2084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hades
You know the teachings of Buddha and Jesus are remarkably similiar? There could be a prophet from every region that God/gods have sent out to give the freedom of choice in religion, and whatever religion you believe in and if it has an afterlife, you are permitted to enter it. Basically, every religion has a separate afterlife. Who knows, man?

^^difference between Bhuddism and Christianity is that Christianity teaches that Christ is the only way to salvation.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 08:16 PM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
^^difference between Bhuddism and Christianity is that Christianity teaches that Christ is the only way to salvation.

Yeah that is what pretty much bursts the relational religion bubble. Pretty much EVERY religion teaches the same underlying principles, including Christianity. Except Christianity is different in that it tells us the only way to get to heaven is to trust and believe in Jesus. Every other major religion (more or less) is based on the idea that to get to heaven you have to be disciplined, follow the guidelines of the religion etc.

Crazy Hades: Buddhism... Well a lot of buddhist teachers who have read the bible will tell you that Jesus was enlightened, particularly teachers of Zen Buddhism. I don't see the remarkable similarity in their teachings though. Buddhism says that life is full of suffering, so first of all learn not to suffer because of insignificant things. Look within yourself and you will reach enligtenment. If you reach enlightenment, you can die once and for all and leave the cycle of living in this life... aka Nirvana.

Christianity is just like... Well, here's the 10 commandments and the teachings of Jesus. Give it a bit of a go, if things don't work out, it's OK just say sorry and mean it. And believe that Jesus was the messiah, then you're set.
Old 05-06-06, 08:31 PM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 2977 80E3

you would be classified in the same group many of us are. "spiritual but not religious". You feel something's out there, just the "religions" you've seen none of them seem like the full or true story.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 01:00 AM   #6
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 89A1 A425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Yeah that is what pretty much bursts the relational religion bubble. Pretty much EVERY religion teaches the same underlying principles, including Christianity. Except Christianity is different in that it tells us the only way to get to heaven is to trust and believe in Jesus. Every other major religion (more or less) is based on the idea that to get to heaven you have to be disciplined, follow the guidelines of the religion etc.

Crazy Hades: Buddhism... Well a lot of buddhist teachers who have read the bible will tell you that Jesus was enlightened, particularly teachers of Zen Buddhism. I don't see the remarkable similarity in their teachings though. Buddhism says that life is full of suffering, so first of all learn not to suffer because of insignificant things. Look within yourself and you will reach enligtenment. If you reach enlightenment, you can die once and for all and leave the cycle of living in this life... aka Nirvana.

Christianity is just like... Well, here's the 10 commandments and the teachings of Jesus. Give it a bit of a go, if things don't work out, it's OK just say sorry and mean it. And believe that Jesus was the messiah, then you're set.

I don't like how you explain Buddhism all eloquently and then explain Christianity all point blank, it just irks me.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 05-07-06, 01:25 AM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
I don't like how you explain Buddhism all eloquently and then explain Christianity all point blank, it just irks me.

Ill make it even.. Point blank Buddhism:

Sit down for a fucking long time and think. If you dont learn a shitload, restart your life in hard mode. If you learn a fair bit, restart your life in easy mode. If you reach enlightenment, game over.
Old 05-07-06, 01:29 AM   #8
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 2977 80E3

^^lmao, the 4 noble truths of omb

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 02:25 PM   #9
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 89A1 A425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Ill make it even.. Point blank Buddhism:

Sit down for a fucking long time and think. If you dont learn a shitload, restart your life in hard mode. If you learn a fair bit, restart your life in easy mode. If you reach enlightenment, game over.

Thanks.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!