RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-09, 02:24 AM   #1
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
man eating shark... (this is pretty cool and fucked up)

IP: 00B4 2242

So I was blazed as fuck the other day right, and I started thinking about grammar in my head and getting philosophical and I realised something. Check it out it's pretty cool and fucked up

It's one phrase, the same words, but it means two opposite things.

here's the phrase

"Man eating shark"

Now judging by the way you use your grammer, this can either mean a shark that is capable of eating a man, for instance: "LOOK OUT, IN THE WATER, IT'S A MAN EATING SHARK!!! :O"

But then it can also mean "I went to a restaurant the other day and saw a man, eating shark"

I dunno, I find it cool... But how do you decide what means what?

I figured "man-eating shark" would be a shark that eats men
and "man, eating shark" would be a man that eats shark
so what would "man eating shark" with no dash or no comma mean?

Say I have a story and I write "He had a dream of a man eating shark" what would that mean?

Iunno... the english language is fucked... then I smoked more and started getting too deep thinking about the brain capacity it would take for someone to be able to create a language as sophisticated as the ones we use, it's incredible, the thought proccess you'd need to create a whole working language like that... i can't understand how humans evolved like this.... we're amazing creatures man
Old 10-04-09, 03:06 AM   #2
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 651E B56A

ive actually thought about the same thing.... when i was 10 0_o
Old 10-04-09, 04:01 AM   #3
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Ok? So have I, I just re-explored my thoughts in a deeper and more intelligent way because i'm smarter now then I was at 10.

By bringing this up, you sould instead stfu and re-think what you thought when you were 10 cuz your conclusions would probably be different.

Oh... oh wait no.. i forgot you haven't evolved from that 10 year old mentality yet =/
Old 10-04-09, 04:10 AM   #4
Ysdat
Whys That?

You didnt exactly write it in a 'deeper' manner. In fact it just seems like a high ramble. But cool, glad your sorting a huge phillisophical issue from when you were 10. Whats next? How sand castles hold there shape after the buckets lifted?
Old 10-04-09, 04:51 AM   #5
SUPERVILLAIN
~SAINT SINNER~

IP: 4DF4 7E1E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Soul? ©
You didnt exactly write it in a 'deeper' manner. In fact it just seems like a high ramble. But cool, glad your sorting a huge phillisophical issue from when you were 10. Whats next? How sand castles hold there shape after the buckets lifted?

*drops jaw......then waits for retaliation.*

s.v.

QUESTION: Is it even possible to improve upon perfection???
ANSWER: CRHYME SINDICATE

"I remember this one time I thought I was wrong........but I was mistaken." -Unknown

R.I.P. Jonathan "ONE MAN BAND/TERUMOTO" Nigro. Goodbye brother. God bless the dead. One love.
Old 10-04-09, 01:49 PM   #6
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Soul? ©

you're a fucking moron. Language in its own essence is deep as fuck. The way we form sounds, formulate them into words, then sentances, then use grammar and tones to express and communicate is awesome. And yea it was a high ramble haha, I figured that'd be obvious as I was talking about when I was high, and high while I made this thread.

See you were exagerating about the 10 year old shit because no way at 10 years old would anyone try to explain to you, or would you figure out yourself, that a frace like "dog eating chicken" could mean two opposite things depending how grammar is used.

I'm talking about language son, I've been impressed by languages for a while, since I was a kid. How many languages do you speak? English and that's it? Cool... I almost speak 5 now

And maybe I didn't write it in the most deep and complex way, but i'm obviously not gonna start ranting about my theories and idealogies of life and expression and communication between humans. But I do look at languages and their bounderies and possibilities in a new light now that I am older.

Later hater, keep being broke and snorting coke
Old 10-04-09, 05:17 PM   #7
Ysdat
Whys That?

Find an area to build your sand castle. It is recommended to build the castle where the sand is wet, but not too far away from where the waves wash up on shore. Level out a pad of wet sand with your hand. The pad should be slightly bigger than your sand castle will be.
Scoop some wet sand into a bucket. Fill it up almost to the top, and make sure it is packed in tight. Turn it upside down on your smooth patch of wet sand. With one hand, tap the bottom of the bucket, and with the other, hold the bucket still. Lift the bucket up. The wet sand inside should have taken shape of the bucket. The wetter the sand the better.
Repeat step 2 as many times as you desire. Try to arrange the castles in a sort of shape.
Collect some shells. Stick them on your castle for decoration.
With your shovel, dig a moat around the castles. Pad the sand in the moat very tightly. Get your bucket and collect some seawater. Pour the seawater in the moat.
Collect some Sand crabs. You can find sand crabs by digging a hole in the sand at the very edge of the wash from the waves. Allow water to enter the hole, and swish it around. You should see sand crabs darting through the water before they quickly bury themselves in the sand. These crabs will be the people in your castle. They dig though, so you will have to pad the sand around your castle very tightly so they don't escape.
Old 10-04-09, 09:28 PM   #8
JTR
Jack The Ripper

lol i didnt even read past the first sentance and I doubt anyone else wil. You just wasted typing a paragraph on a chirp that failed miserably... niiiiiiice
Old 10-04-09, 10:07 PM   #9
LaTiNKiTTeN
...i'm da nicest...

Text Record: 12-0
IP: A39A 72A6

holy fuck these responses are long.

if it was the shark eating the man,it would be a man-eating shark. unless a moron wrote it.....
Send a message via AIM to LaTiNKiTTeN   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 10:23 PM   #10
Hitta
Best In The Game

IP: 03A2 CF6E

לך תזדייןלך תזדיין לך תזדיין
Old 10-04-09, 10:28 PM   #11
Ysdat
Whys That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
lol i didnt even read past the first sentance and I doubt anyone else wil. You just wasted typing a paragraph on a chirp that failed miserably... niiiiiiice

Copy and paste my freind. You wouldnt be worth my precious typing time
Old 10-05-09, 02:31 AM   #12
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTiNKiTTeN
holy fuck these responses are long.

if it was the shark eating the man,it would be a man-eating shark. unless a moron wrote it.....

thats the thing

Man-eating shark. This is a shark eating a man

Man, eating shark. This is a man eating a shark

Man eating shark. Which is this?
Old 10-05-09, 03:06 AM   #13
Hitta
Best In The Game

IP: 03A2 CF6E

whatever you want it to be

?
Old 10-05-09, 04:19 AM   #14
Ysdat
Whys That?

JTR are you seriously this dumb? It will simply apply to the context of the sentance and its surrounding story.
'I went to a sea food restaurant and saw a man eating shark'
'I was deep sea diving and saw a man eating shark'
The human brain is trained to automatically decipher the correct usage and we naturally visualize what we read, unless your a fucking retard.
Old 10-05-09, 03:25 PM   #15
JTR
Jack The Ripper

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL no you fucking moron, you're actually wrong. Think harder and logically. It's not about what makes sense and what doesn't make sense in this world, because people write science fiction novels about fake shit all the time, therefore.......

Someone could easilly be trying to imply that while deep sea diving they saw a man under the water who was eating a shark. Maybe later on they discovered it was a mermaid from atlantis... For all you know that shit can happen in a made up fairy tale fantasy world, which authors do tend to write about. Aka lord of the rings and every single other sci-fi out there that has shit that would never happen in our human reality.

Now vice versa someone can also imply that at the sea-food market they saw a shark capable of eating a man for sale, however this man-eating shark would ofcourse be dead because it's being sold for food.

Now if I say "I saw a man eating shark while deep sea diving" ofcourse most people are going to be able to use their brain to decipher the correct usage and know what you meant to say. However what you meant to say sometimes may not be what you wrote. Sorry, that's how grammar is, and unless you use grammar properly, what you meant to imply and what you're implying aren't going to be the same.

So you're wrong buddy, I actually majored in english and I know for a fact you're wrong . You have to use grammar.

Man eating shark is a shark that can eat a man. It doesn't have to have the dash.
I already knew this, I wasn't asking what it meant because I didn't know, I was asking to provoke YOU PEOPLE to think.

Hahahahaa nice try though

Last edited by JTR : 10-05-09 at 03:38 PM.