RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-06, 02:20 AM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
Deficient Personality?

IP: C98F 1FA2

Usually with children, their parents raise them and pass their values, beliefs, ideals, opinions, behaviour etc onto them. The child's personality is then made up of a combination of nature, nurture, and exposure... probably in a 1:1:1 ratio.

Parents should be a large part of your life, and then when you get older the adult-child relationship should change to an adult-adult relationship. Love should be experienced in childhood and adulthood between children and parents. Many walks of life should be experienced primarily in that relationship.

Thats how things usually happen.

But I was thinking about this the other day... What about me? I wasnt very close to my parents, so my personality is missing the nurture part. For me, values, ideals, opinions, behaviour etc were created from just nature and exposure. So the innate traits I have in my DNA combined with everything I have been exposed to is what makes me me. Which draws me to conclude that I am missing an integral part of my being, and have a deficient personality.

I dont quite know what this actually means for me... But I have noticed that I think differently and behave differently to most people, and I find it hard to trust people in general. Since two thirds of my input was exposure, my sense of humor and thought processes and shit matured quite early... But without parental guidance and input, a lot of my life skills (communication, morality, priorities, social skills) are underdeveloped or abnormal.

so wtf are people like me supposed to do about what we missed out on and shit? -_-

Its pretty fucked.
Old 02-28-06, 05:57 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 819D 3297

Be careful though.. Thinking as though theres something wrong with you can often lead to being used as an excuse for short commings.

Besides bro.. I got parents and I'm nothing like them...
Most of what I know I learnt from the people I hang around.. And I wouldnt wanna be any other way......
Old 02-28-06, 09:04 AM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

any evidence to support a 1:1 ratio?

I've had discussions in some biology lectures in college about percentages of nature vs. nurture. No one could agree. But, I personally feel that because humans are animals as well, and share 99% of our genome with chimps, we're probably controlled by more than 50% genetics.

In fact, I say 60/40 nature to nurture.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-06, 03:56 PM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Nos: Yeah I feel ya... I dont really use it as an excuse. I can easily admit my flaws.

Q: Well yeah I dont really know the ratio... But I said probably because I wasnt sure. I split nurture into nurture and exposure so the ratio is probably better as 3 nature : 1 nurture : 2 exposure or something like that. I dont know -_-
Old 03-03-06, 09:42 PM   #5
Germ
in your system

IP: 9E2F CDE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Usually with children, their parents raise them and pass their values, beliefs, ideals, opinions, behaviour etc onto them. The child's personality is then made up of a combination of nature, nurture, and exposure... probably in a 1:1:1 ratio.

Parents should be a large part of your life, and then when you get older the adult-child relationship should change to an adult-adult relationship. Love should be experienced in childhood and adulthood between children and parents. Many walks of life should be experienced primarily in that relationship.

Thats how things usually happen.

But I was thinking about this the other day... What about me? I wasnt very close to my parents, so my personality is missing the nurture part. For me, values, ideals, opinions, behaviour etc were created from just nature and exposure. So the innate traits I have in my DNA combined with everything I have been exposed to is what makes me me. Which draws me to conclude that I am missing an integral part of my being, and have a deficient personality.

I dont quite know what this actually means for me... But I have noticed that I think differently and behave differently to most people, and I find it hard to trust people in general. Since two thirds of my input was exposure, my sense of humor and thought processes and shit matured quite early... But without parental guidance and input, a lot of my life skills (communication, morality, priorities, social skills) are underdeveloped or abnormal.

so wtf are people like me supposed to do about what we missed out on and shit? -_-

Its pretty fucked.

wow, that's pretty much exact how i grew up, except i had 2 brothers and sister to make my development phase a real pain in the ass. but the way i see, its not like you lack in that area, or its a setback you missed out on the nurture part, because if you think about it, and you did get that attention, then maybe you wouldnt've turned out the way you are now....could be something better, could be alot worse....i don't yearn, or let myself be held back of a little ideal that could've heightened my social skills etc...cause i'm totally cool with how i turned out; i'm really athletic, independant, determined, strong willed

but it is a pretty thought provoking topic to think about

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 09:46 PM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Yeah word... I get what you're saying. But sometimes I just cant help but wonder what it would have been like to have a more loving relationship with my parents.

And I had 4 brothers -_- lol.
Old 03-03-06, 10:27 PM   #7
Germ
in your system

IP: 9E2F CDE8

yeah, it was shitty..i had two older bros, and a younger sis, so i got kinda ripped off for attention

yeah, whenever i think about what it would've been like if i did too, can't help but to think if i'd be anywhere close to what i'm doing right now...its weird, because i sort of want it badly, but a little scared knowing what my situation would be.

kind of like knowing your future....you know what to prepare for, but will you make all the right decisions to lead you up until the point you saw

the ambiguity is numbing, haha

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-06, 02:59 AM   #8
twenty9
Middle Weight

Text Record: 2-8
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B525 44D9

i think that my parents treat me worse than my borthers for no reason. when my brothers were my age they were doin pretty good in skool, but im doin even better than they were. Both my brothers got busted for underage drinkin by my parents. when my brother (the younger older brother) got caught drinking his punishment was that he could continue to drink, he just wasn't allowed to talk about it. when my oldest brother got caught with marijuana his punishment was to cleean the garage with his friends(i didn't know that he got in trouble until after i got suspended) . When i got caught with mairjuana, i was grounded for a month and i had to go to work the week i was suspended from skool, with no pay.

I recently got suspended for fighting and my parents are now treating me like i am a bad kid, my mom even had the nerve to call me a "punk", i told them that i got in a fight cuz they guy was a dick and i bet my brothers would have done the same.

so, yea maybe im blowin this out of proportion but i think i get treated worse for no reason.